What Eating Plan do you follow?

Options
lb75081
lb75081 Posts: 8 Member
Hi! I am Laura.

I started injections one week ago (just had my second one today). I lost 1 pound which I know to be happy - just thought more for the first week. I will take it.

Just curious what calorie/diet/eating plan do others follow?

Happy to be here!

Answers

• apressler3
    apressler3 Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Congratulations on beginning your journey to better health.

I am following a plant based low caloric density diet, and logging meticulously. This ends up being very low in animal fats such as dairy, and low in refined sugars and bread, but ample high fiber carbs from fruits, veggies, beans, and whole grains. I do eat leaner meats. The idea is that one can eat a larger volume of these foods for the same calories as a higher fat diet, which decreases feelings of hunger. Logging, and pre-planning my eating for the whole day has helped immensely. And I occasionally budget in some treats - not a cheat, because I work it into my calorie budget. The only thing totally off limits is alcohol, because it’s too easy for that to lead to bad decisions: one beer becomes three and then I’m ordering cheese fries to go with it…

I lost 30 pounds between October and April, but it was a struggle. I started Wegovy (same drug different brand name) in May, and it has made it much easier. I am down an additional 12 in the first 4 weeks at the 0.25 dose. The only side effect so far was a mild case of constipation in week 2, but that resolved by week 3. I also found the appetite suppression of the drug was wearing off by day 4 or 5 of each week, but the balance was manageable until the next injection. I just started 0.5 and cannot yet say if this improves with higher doses. I can say that even early on in the week, I still feel appropriate hunger, about 4-5 hours after my last meal, I’m hungry for the next. But a smaller meal sates me, and I’m have had no urges to binge. I’m very pleased with this drug so far.

Good luck with your journey.
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I do food prep on Sundays, which helps immensely. My typical weekday looks like this:

Breakfast: avocado toast (one slice) and coffee OR protein smoothie and coffee
    Snack: Greek yogurt
    Lunch: Salad
    Snack: Protein (tofu or meat)
    Dinner: 2-3 bites of whatever I'm making the kids, but NO CARBS

I also drink a 16oz glass of "juice" daily which includes mushroom powder, ginger, turmeric, biotin and metamucil mixed into a small amount of juice with a large amount of carbonated water and sugar free Torani syrup. Takes me several hours to drink this.
  • atgoal135
    atgoal135 Posts: 149 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I do intermittent fasting and have for a couple years. At first I stuck to lunch at 11:00 and dinner between 6-7:00, no food between or after. I lost weight, 10 lbs. But then… I started allowing myself snacks and treats between my eating window hours and then I stated allowing a snack about 9:00 in evening and the weight came back on. I just could not find willpower to not snack and to stick to my meal plan. So now I am able to not eat until 11:00 and no snacks between meals except 1 premiere protein shake per day. I pour a half container over ice and sip it about 2-3:00. It tides me over nicely until dinner. If my calories are too low for the day I will drink the second half of the premier shake after dinner as my “dessert”. Thanks to Ozempic .25 and .5, I am able to not crave snacks or sweets etc. My 4th injection is Monday evening and then I start on 1.0 the following week. So in not quite 4 weeks of healthy eating with Oz I have lost 3.7 lbs as of this morning. I weigh each day and record on “Lose It” app whenever the scale lowers or raises. (I only use the free part f this app) That app tells me my calories limit based on calculated BMI, age, activity level etc and goals. Mine is set to lose 1 lb per week and I says I am able to eat up to 1300 calories but have been consistently between 1100-1225 almost every day. Foods are mostly protein, veggies etc and low in carbs…similar to South Beach diet foods, .but I don’t forbid any specific food (except deep fried) etc…just use good judgement and say no when I know I should. The food noise being gone has helped me stay strong on my healthy eating plan and the IF too. My goal is to weigh 145-150 lbs.
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I don't follow a plan, per se. No fast food, ever. Mostly plant-based. Premier Protein or Fairlife shakes to ensure I keep my protein up over 80mg/day. Down 19 pounds since the end of March, woot!!