Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• tech_hunter
    tech_hunter Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thank you @jeanhickokhaley1, @Dianedoessmiles1, and @Tabatha_Cain for the welcome and the helpful hints! I will go take a look at youtube for some of those videos. I use it for Yoga, so I am sure I can find something fun to do in the air conditioning!

Just got my trip to Costco done and cleared out the pantry for this challenge. I got some things that will get me through some of the tough moments and got a couple packs of Fairlife protein drinks for when I don't feel like making anything for myself.

Have a great day everyone!

Amber
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,508 Member
    Options
    t96orz666ac8.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Welcome to all our new members!!

Today started out not to bad temp wise. But now is pretty hot again. We had a few sprinkles this morning as well. Went to physio for my shoulder and they are really impressed with how I am doing. Next week will most likely be my last week. Also did dishes, cleaned some of my kitchen, played cards with Hubby and went grocery shopping. Walked to the grocery store but ended up with a ride home from a friend who didn't want me walking home in the heat. I was greatful even though it cut into my step goal.

Connie
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,360 Member
    Options
    elwuczzmjwqv.png

Hope everyone is having a great day. Our weather is wonderful today. Going outdoors and trim another plant soon.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday, travellers 🗺️🌐🛩️🙋‍♀️

It's .... finally hot here! July 6 and summer finally showed up 🤪. 88°F

- mk :) (Maine)
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    Options
    @LindieMaeP ... Beautiful. Makes me smile!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,140 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I agree with @mkksemail ,, I only went downstairs to the lobby briefly!! It was to much for me!! BACK UP to my AC I went!! We briefly stopped on the floor before mine (To throw in laundry, a friend was with me) it was hard to breathe that stuff!! Tomorrow I need to the computer place on Forest Ave and a few other errands. Also our AC decided (In the car) it needs likely a charge or flush either way we are hoping to do it tomorrow!!! I WANTED to go to the beach since LOLOL this may our LAST HOT DAY this summer. ITs the summer that was NOT!
  • mkksemail
    Options
    No joke, on the only day of summer, maybe, @Dianedoessmiles1 ! You're blessed with AC at least 🧊. (Such a crazy season so far, weather-wise! - "MOTS" ... More Of The Same, Unrelenting ... Until today heh).

Heyyy Necessary Technology? I've used them before. I was just recommending them to someone that knows, a few days ago!

- mk :). (Maine - no umbrella today! Lol)

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,102 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and it is date night. So I am hoping we will actually be able to do something for date night tonight. These last couple of weeks we have not been able to do anything since Joe was so sick. I hope he is on the mend. He seems to be but we will see.

@tech_hunter - That is a good idea. Getting your protein in good. I do protein shakes on occasion also.
    @CSEGUIN2 - In the heat it is hard to get your step goal. I would be glad getting a ride too.
    @jeanhickokhaley1 - I do need to work in the yard for a bit.
    @mkksemail - It is definitely summer now.
    @LindieMaeP - I so love your photos.

Well it is time to get something to eat. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,234 Member
    Options
    It’s 66 feels like 66 with a high of 82 today. Insight Timer Quote: Love is never outside ourselves; love is within us.—Louise Hay I AM: I enjoy doing new things. Action for Happiness: Shift your mood by doing something you really enjoy. Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 14,983 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 129/305 mile a day, WHD Lucky #7 Full Body Circuit after breakfast and 45 min ride on Slim Cycle after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • tech_hunter
    tech_hunter Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Got a bit of a shock this morning. Good though, I put new batteries in the scale yesterday, and then this morning weighed without clothes before breakfast, all which I did not do in the last few days. I also got back into my better nutrition and exercise the last few days. I am not 210, I am 203.4 lbs! This will not affect my goals for the challenge, but it did just make going into this weekend determined easier!

Went for a walk with my husband last night, Idaho gets some heat, but by 8:00 pm, it cools off and we really enjoyed it. I needed a fleece on! We only got about 15 minutes in, but I am doing morning walks to get some exercise in before work when it is cool.

Also, I made some protein fluff yesterday. I do not recommend making a whole batch. I whipped a can of Dr Pepper Zero strawberries and cream with a scoop of strawberry protein powder, a scoop of collagen powder, and a 1tsp of xantham gum. It whipped up light and stable, but it grew about 20X the size and filled half my kitchen aid bowl. I couldn't even eat half of it, and I am good at overeating! It helps with a sweet tooth though.

Have a great Friday!

Amber
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Good morning! Good afternoon! Good evening! :)

Amber ..... ohhhhhhh that sounds amazing! Dr Pepper makes Strawberries and Cream soda!??! :mind blown: . HUGE wooohooooo! on your scale victory. That feels good, I bet.

Cheers!
    - mk :) (Maine ... still summer! 2nd day! lol no umbrella or long pants needed heh )
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,431 Member
    Options
    0che5okoe1st.jpg

LOOK LOOK LOOK _ the 5% Community planes are in the air to go get everyone for the next 8 weeks as we fly around the world !!!! WOOHOOO
    Hope you all are having a fantastic day.
    @Tabatha_Cain Nash - thank you thank you - those flowers were a real treat yesterday !! Today was planes while walking home from safeway. It's not easy to get them they go by FAST !! But I am getting better at locating them and then changing the screen to larger ... otherwise they just show up as a dot LOL
    @jeanhickokhaley1 thanks, I know you post some nice pictures too and love the more natural the better!

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a warm and sunny day here today. the humidity is gone. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was another sunny day but cooler with less humidity. We were actually at our average for this time of year. Tomorrow we are supposed to get more rain which is fine as we need it. I should be able to get my walk in before it comes. Today got my walk in and then cut the lawn. Also did dishes, laundry and visited with my friend.

Connie
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    Options
    @tech_hunter ... Amber, good for you. I'm sure you had a big smile on your face!

Our temps have been up and down as well. Last week we were 103, the last 3 days in the 80's. Tomorrow and the rest of the week in the 90's. As long as it isn't over 100 I will be happy. At least we have a breeze and low humidity.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,140 Member
    Options
    @mkksemail ,, LOL Necessary Technology. They thankfully fixed my computer a few weeks ago (PHEW!) I took a friend there today with hers. I love how reasonably priced they are and through and HONEST they are. Today we went to Kettle Cove. u59r1hk0ackr.png
    I was NOT GOING to miss the ONE DAY of summer we may have. LOL Tomorrow/this weekend MOTS! LOL love it and easy enough to get to. We even swan around for a half hour! Since I live in a high rise, AC is so necessary. Before living here I did not. It's nice to have though.
    @Tech_Hunter ,, GREAT JOB!! What a NICE surprise!! WTG!!
    @jeanhickokhaley1 ,, SAYING IT and TY TY TY for the friend request!!

SORRY others, Its the night before the challenge starts. As you can imagine it's a CRAZY TIME for all the Captains and leaders. PLEASE remember to weigh in tomorrow and help your teams to land by reporting your weekend time etc. as soon as you can.

GOOOOOO ALL 8 TEAMS!
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Ohhhh lovely pic, @Dianedoessmiles1 !! Yes!! (On Necessary Tech - totally agree!)

TY for all the work you and all the caps and leaders do! Excited to take off ✈️

- mk :).
    -