Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    PS! ☺️✨

Welp, no more eating, except clear liquids, until ~5p tmo. Colonoscopy prep underway. 😝 Colonoscopy appt at 12:30p tmo - 30 min ahead of actual 2p ci required - so I should be done and able to eat again by 4:30-5p-ish.

Cheers!
    - mk

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,690 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon and happy Sunday and new week. Have a great one

Daily Affirmations by Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Like a Manatee, I am Peaceful, Respectful,
    Gentle, Kind, and Self-Healing.

• ohnogoldens
    ohnogoldens Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Amber. I have one horse in American Falls right now and two here. I am hoping those two go to Idaho with my daughter. Montana seems to be a lot more than I had signed up for. I am looking at some horse property in eastern Kentucky right now. Much more affordable and close to my little Twinkie grand kids.

Sunday started off with dogs wanting out at 0530. I wish they could understand the concept of weekend! I started cleaning at about 9 and just finished up for today. The window contractor and plumber left a lot of dust to add to the golden retriever hair that is a daily chore. The floor guys finished 2 wks ago and all of the transition pieces have already come off so I am waiting for that to be done right.

I am off now to get salad makings and a nail gun!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a good day. Went to Church and had a wonderful time at coffee hour after. When I got home I made breakfast for Hubby and I. Then had a meeting @ 11 am for planning a rally day for TOPS. After the meeting we had a free lunch at the Legion for the 1 year of the Bunker being open. This of course I chose to make some healthy choices but for the day in total will put me over calories with dinner. Got my walk in the afternoon, did some step-ups, and jumping jacks as well. Also watching the movies Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 1 & 2. Had a little rain this morning but now it's sunny and warm.

Connie
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Happy Sunday fellow travelers @mkksemail wish you well on your procedure & let us know how the prep went today. My husband is scheduled for one next month. I've been cleared for regular activity by my eye surgeon last Friday, so I've been doing some cardio, not as much as before as I'm just starting back & swimming. I love the pool. Our youngest son built a building in his back yard for their gym equipment & has a nice big pool so I've been going over there but I do have a gym membership I reactivated that's 3 blocks away & has a nice pool too so I'll be going over there too. Our son has sold their house & will be moving in mid August. They live 12 minutes away so I hope they won't be too far when they find their bigger house they want. They want to find one with 2 acres but I'm thankful they are not moving out of state as 2 of our children are. I picked up their dog & took her to the private dog park with the pool along with our youngest dog who likes playing with her. She loves the pool & had such a good time. I've had a busy week so today I'm taking it more slow & not overdo. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. See you in the air
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,490 Member
    Options
    cmoi7oig4c1j.jpg
    Good afternoon everyone, it's a warm one here, it was nice this morning when I went out and good too cause it got hot fast - well hot for me, is anything over 65F - otherwise I get ill and then grumpy !! I love the sun but I can't be in it ... and I adore sunsets and sunrises - it's the inbetween I hide in shade LOL
    @Tabatha_Cain yummy on the blue berry muffins. I went to Superstore here to get their 2 bite carrot muffins, nope gone, they had a sale and was gone so I got their Everything muffin which is larger but stuffed with more things. I like a muffin once in a while for breakfast so I will have half tomorrow and half the next day just to break up the breakfast routine. What I really want is an A&W bacon and egger - yum yum .. .but nope on Thursday I am going out to lunch with friends for fish and chips!! Hope you and your hubby had a great day today!!
    @mkksemail I have only ever had one of those and my son got me a fruit flavoured prep and it was cool - I enjoyed it, was like eating cotton candy so I did not feel so hungry waiting for the prep but I did have to get up at 4 in the morning to take the last part and then son had to drive me tothe place for the procedure. I hope yours went well and if they do find polyps that they are not a problem. Mine were not. I dont' go back for one until 2029 if I am still alive LOL
    @everyone hope your enjoying the challenge and do ask questions if you have - there will be an answer for sure !!
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,207 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    TY @Evamutt ☺️, @LindieMaeP ☺️!
    I'm in the emptying phase 😉😐

Cotton candy, Linda! Wow!
    Mine was yucky. Lol

Cheers!
    - mk :)
  • ohnogoldens
    Options
    I have not had that procedure for 5 years and am not due again for a couple more years.

I am ending up the day with a deficit in calories. The store had no organic salad greens so got super greens. Got home and just do not feel like cooking. Mixed up a protein shake with the greens, fresh pineapple, Vi protein mix and non fat greek yogurt with milk. It put me at just over 500 calories for the day and I still don't feel like making anything. I will plan better tomorrow.
    I did buy a new front door with 3/4 oval glass panel and tried to buy the decking boards but, although their computer said they had 113, they really only had 6. Home Depot sent me to a specialty bulb store for a bulb for my lamp I brought back from Bahrain. I told them I needed a bulb to fit a 14 or 27 base. He pulled one off the wall and looked at it and looked at my bad one and pronounced it the same! Got home and it's a candelabra base just like Home Depot had sent me home with on Friday. Home depot has them on line only so I guess that's where I will have to get it. I also got the nail gun replaced which was my main goal of venturing out today right up there with salad spring mix.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,242 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a great morning. Today is Monday and I am thinking today will be a good day. I am excited and wanting to get things underway with the week. I have a lot to get done at work today. Everyone is back at the office and I am working with my new co worker today. She has been with the company for a long time and she is new to this position within the company. Let's hope she doesn't totally mess up my process. I have heard some pretty bad things about her but then heard that she is great so who knows

@mkksemail - I really hope he gets that job. It would be great. He really loves helping people. It would be a great step for him. Good luck with your colonoscopy. I hope it goes well.
    @ohnogoldens - Yeah dogs have no concept of time. They really do not. At 3 am this morning my dog who is suppose to be in bed with my son decided to go into the living room downstairs and start barking for a straight 15 minutes. I had to go down there and tell her to stop. I am pretty sure it is because my neighbors came home. They have no decency to try and not slam their car doors when they get home at all hours of the night.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Sounds like you had a busy day. Joe and I also went to church. So that is awesome. I love my church
    @Evamutt - Nice that you have been cleared for exercise by your doc. It will take time to get back into it.
    @LindieMaeP - Thank you. I am going to make the muffins after work tonight. Also going to premake pancakes with blueberries and possibly a couple of waffles. I love the new photos.

Well it is time to get some breakfast. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,346 Member
    Options
    It’s 59 feels like 59 with a high of 90 today. Insight Timer Quote: Your inner peace is the greatest and most valuable treasure you can discover.—Akin Olokun I AM: I am compassionate with myself when I have a rough day. Action for Happiness: Reach out to someone you trust and share with your feelings with them. Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 14,110 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 132/305 mile a day, Daily DB Wk/D1: Lower Body after breakfast and 45 min ride on Slim Cycle after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,130 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,490 Member
    Options
    f0b3cahneusm.jpg
    Good morning all, here's last night's sunset from the river - it was amazing as always, lots of good colour and nice temps too but when that sun went down it sure did get cool !
    @Tabatha_Cain co-workers can be funny, just get to know the coworker and decide for yourself what she/he is like - afterall they have seen a lot in that business if they have been there that long and has no doubt developed certain attitudes along the way. Just be the positive person you are, you will do fine. Hope it went well today!
    @mkksemail sure hope today goes well - that prep I mentioned, was obtained at walmart, fruit flavoured - my friend had it and did not like it, just goes to show preferences are different eh!!
    @everyone have a wonderful day today and what ever you plan, may it go well !
  • ohnogoldens
    Options
    My insurance company is doing an aging gracefully seminar right now. They did an antioxidant ice cube which I intend to try later today when I can get back to the store for strawberries and spinach. She blended blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and spinach with a cup of water and froze it to add as cubes for great flavored water.
  • ohnogoldens
    Options
    They also did a anti aging food face mask. 2 Tbsp green tea (cut open green tea bags), 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder and the juice of half a lemon blended together. Apply it to your face and leave it on for 3 minutes and add another coat as it dries until you use it all up then leave it on for 10 minutes.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i am taking part in a workshop series called cooking on a healthy budget part 2, that is held every monday in my building rec room from 12 noon to 2 pm. you get to learn different recipes, about healthy foods and ways to cook healthy on a budget. i really enjoy going to these workshops and i sign up every time they are available. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been hot and sunny. Took my Son to the orthodontist this morning for 8:20. Stopped at Tim Hortons for breakfast. When I got home I went for my walk. This afternoon did laundry, dishes and step-ups. Tomorrow they're calling for rain and I have TOPS. I have been helping a fellow TOPS member to try and figure out how to get her losing weight. She is really discouraged when the scale goes up. I found out that she has hypothyroidism. So have been doing some research to try and figure out how to help her best. If anyone has any experience in this and has suggestions I would greatly appreciate the help.

Connie
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,690 Member
    Options
    Hi all happy Monday afternoon.
    Today after Don got home from treatment we went grocery shopping and the a warning light called
    malfunction indicator light, called a few places and they were booked 2 and 3 weeks ahead just to look at it. Finally one place called from Tyler and but then when the we checked the light didn't come on, he said that does happen because the problem could have corrected itself, if not it may come back on, with them we can at least get a quick appt. for diagnostic test. We only have one car so for the car to be held up for 2 - 3 weeks means we need to rent a car and my god that is expensive. Just hoping the problem has resolved itself.

Heat is back in mid 90's humidity at 55%. Nothing else new and exciting. Hugs and have a great day.

Thank you leaders for all you do for our teams, I really appreciate your time and effort.

m8ohcegeu1vw.png

Have a great rest of the day. Hugs and blessings.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,242 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and I am hoping a better day than yesterday. It was horrible yesterday with the new person. I mean she does have 20 years with the company and she has done the position before she just tried working from home for a while, decided she did not like it and came back. But yesterday she had none of her log ins set for this new office. They had not switched anything over even though she had been selected to come back to the office 3 weeks ago. Crazy that it took that long to even think about switching over her credentials from work from home to our office.

@LindieMaeP - Thank you. I still have reservations about her. Not sure how to take her personality. She is changing a lot since she is acting DDM. Which is just a shift leader of sorts. I am just worried that she is changing everything and not thinking of others who have had it this way for the whole year she has been gone.
    @ohnogoldens - I definitely like the idea of the antioxidant ice cubes. Not sure how the spinach will fit in, but it could be tasty. Not sure about the mask.
    @cormierannie - I love different work shops as well.
    @Kurtize - Sorry your light came on in your car. Joe had the same thing happen on his car. The check engine light came on an stayed on for like 2 weeks, then went out an has not come back on. They say that is something that can happen. His was due to the gas cap not sealing properly due to the cold weather and then when it warmed up it stopped doing that.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,346 Member
    Options
    It’s 71 feels like 71 with a high of 92 today. Insight Timer Quote: I am realistic-I expect miracles.—Dr. Wayne Dyer I AM: I choose the happiness of this moment, over the pain of the past. Action for Happiness: Look for something positive in a difficult situation. Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 14,344 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 133/305 mile a day, Daily DB Upper Body after breakfast and 45 min on Slim Cycle after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,130 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone