Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a mostly cloudy, very warm day here today. there is a chance of strong thunderstorms here over the next two hours. then, once the chance of strong thunderstorms has passed, the temperature will be cooling down a lot. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short indoor run before it got too hot here earlier this morning. i went for an indoor walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i went to pick up my tennis volunteer package this afternoon. now i will be all set for when the tennis tournament starts next month. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was rest, weigh and TOPS day. Up 2 lbs. I believe I know what the reasons are. Back on track starting today. My goal for next week is to be down at least 2.5 lbs. This will make up for the gain plus a half pound. Time to step up the exercise! I truly need to get my workouts back on track. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain so we will see if I can use that time wisely to get my TOPS program ready and work on my strength workouts. Also today was our TOPS nominations. I was nominated for leader and co-leader. It will be interesting to see what happens.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Amazon Prime Day !

I stocked up on my Orgain Protein Powder for the year. This is my 3rd Prime Day stocking up on Orgain Protein Powder, now!

Also got a Ninja blender to make smoothies with :). I'd been eyeballing a Nutribullet, but the Ninja was on a good Prime Deal :shrug:.

Best deal of the day: got Levi 505s for hubby for only $23 :o (66% off) Anyone else score a good deal?

(PS - Colonoscopy went great! Don't have to do it again for another 10 yrs)
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,240 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well. Today is Wednesday. Joe is going to be working a 12 hour shift today. I am not sure what I will do tonight. Maybe go for a walk or something. We will see. I am really ready to get this weight off. I am. I know it takes time. I just want it off.

@CSEGUIN2 - That is interesting to see what happens. I hope you get captain if you want it.
    @mkksemail - My daughter got her flower girl and jr bridesmaids dresses off amazon. They were on sale. Awesome on the colonoscopy.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    It’s 71 feels like 71 with a high of 101 today. Insight Timer Quote: Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn’t you.—Rachel Naomi Remen. I AM: I am grateful for my body. Action for Happiness: Write your worries down and save them for a specific ‘worry time’. Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 14,602 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 134/305 mile a day, Daily DB 2.0: HIIT + Core in the gym after work and 45 min on Slim Cycle after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a mostly cloudy and cooler day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i will be going for a walk in a while. i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. when i went to try on the tennis volunteer t-shirts and jacket i got in my volunteer package yesterday, they were too big. so i had to get them in a smaller size. a non-scale victory for me. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,486 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, it's a lovely day here in Vancouver BC Canada - just right for a mornign stroll to Safeway and back again - I'll leave in a bit. I hope you all are having a great day of it.
    @Tabatha_Cain your on the right team(s) for wanting to loose weight sensibly. You will figure out the right path for your food management and exercise as well. It's hard to have a schedule to exercise when you work full time. When I worked, I would take the longest route to the washroom at least once an hour, just to get steps in and movement in. It certainly helped. And I walked home quite often, that was at least 46 min from downtown to where I was living at the time. Wouldn't do it today though, can barely get a half hour in wihtout my right thigh going more numb !!
    Well enjoy your Windsday and have a good one all !!
    tdua5w0bll1m.gif
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,679 Member
    Options
    Well the malfunction ignition light went out, I read it could be something as simple as gas cap not correct, plus they said sometimes it you start car, wait a few seconds start again 3 times it will turn off. Don checked the gas cap and also did the restart and the light went off. He went for his treatment this morning and it didn't come on. We didn't get to see our granddaughter and family yesterday, because Don wasn't feeling good, on Monday he didn't have his regular nurse and the this turned the heat up and yesterday he had blisters and felt bad so we decided on no company. But they will be here again. Its back to 96 again, we had some rain and the heat cooled down but is back up there. The heat was really getting to Don and Kayla (me too) so decided I am turning air condition on at 85 degrees and cooling to 84. Other than that nothing too much new. Kayla and I went for a walk early and there was a breeze so make it nice to walk.
    Have a great rest of the day, hugs and blessings. Joyce

"Strength does not come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't - Nikki Rogers
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a productive day and the rain didn't start till a few minutes ago. Went for my walk, did shoulder physio, calf raises, inclined push-ups, laundry, dishes and some yard work. I am definitely feeling great about today even though I didn't get to work on my program for TOPS next week. Tomorrow is my last day of physio for my shoulder unless they think I need more. But I don't think they will. But my plan is to continue the exercises at home anyways to keep my shoulder improving more.

Connie
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    ty1msecwu116.jpeg
    3m0zsaak4rou.jpeg
    Just a drive by to share a couple of pictures - have a good afternoon/evening all, trying to decide what to have for dinner... think..think..think!!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and it is going to be a good day. I am hoping that things will get better. My name change at work really messed up my computer. Not sure how they did it but stuff is now missing off my computer. So now I have to talk to IT this morning to get it all fixed. Hopefully before my training starts at 10. I need to get this taken care of. I am so mad that it did not get fixed yesterday but oh well we will do what I can. I am going to message my trainer and explain the situation and see what she says for me to do. I really need this training and I am not getting anything out of it since I cannot actually go inside the systems and do what needs to be done.

@cormierannie - That is great that they were too big. I am trying to get the want to do more exercising. I just don't seem to want to today or any other day.
    @LindieMaeP - Yeah I need to start doing something. I have got to get a walk in or something. Maybe I can at lunch time.
    @Kurtize - Sorry Don had some issues and ended up getting blisters. I hope they heal quickly.
    @CSEGUIN2 - That is a good plan. They usually tell you to keep it up at home anyways.
    @Evamutt - It is ok to eat out once in a while. It was decent yesterday but we have rain so I could not workout.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    It’s 70 feels like 70 with a high of 95 today. Insight Timer Quote: Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.—Leonardo Da Vinci I AM: I refuse to let anyone steal my joy. Action for Happiness: Challenge negative thoughts. Find an alternative interpretation. Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,804 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 135/305 mile a day, Daily DB 2.0: Full Body after work and 45 min ride on Slim Cycle later in the evening.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,679 Member
    Options
    Hi all happy Thursday. This is a good article on self care. Part of emails from MyFitnessPal
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/free-ways-to-practice-self-care/?%2
    Have a great rest of the day.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a great day even if I don't get all my steps. I had my shoulder physio this morning and no longer have to go as I graduated. I still have one direction to strengthen in my shoulder so have an exercise to add to my physio workout. I will continue to do the exercises. I have also been cleared to start my original workouts as well. Today I also did wall push-ups, bicep curls, tricep extensions, calf raises, marching and a few small walks. Did dishes and some laundry as well. Called the doctor for a follow up appointment for my shoulder. That's not until about the middle of August. So starting tomorrow I am back to my regular workouts. Just have to start at the beginning again as I don't want to over do it.

Connie
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    qgez3se18mj3.jpeg
    0qoca2mme509.jpeg
    tibcq3d39hs2.jpeg
    Good afternoon folks, sharing some pictures from Steveston, BC - went with girlfriends to get fish and chips and I was good and had one piece of halibut and no treats afterward. Evan passed on gelato this time. Did buy myself a butterfly top. One friend paid for everything so I'll be slipping a lil something in a thank you card to her. Had a great time out and want to do that again !!
    @Tabatha_Cain - start small - 10 minutes, it's amazing how 10 minutes here and there can add up. If you watch TV at night stand during the commercials and walk in place or do some stretch exercises, when the commercials are done, sit down and enjoy your show till the next one. All these little bits add up!!
    @CSEGUIN2 good idea to start small and build up stamina from there. Sounds like a good work out!
    @everyone, have a good Thursday and tomorrow is the last day of week 1 challenge so hope you all are doing well. Most of all hope you learnt something you can use next week!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and I am really hoping this weekend will be a good weekend. I want to spend a lot of time with my husband this weekend. I know he is probably just going to want to play on the computer this weekend. I will have to figure something else to do. He is really stuck in this game right now.

@CSEGUIN2 - That is great. I knew you could do it. It is ok if you have to start all over. That is better than surgery. My Mom and Stepdad both have had shoulder surgery and regret it. They are in so much pain now and their movement is really limited because of it.
    @LindieMaeP - That was a great visit. Love the photos. That was nice of you to get her a thank you card. I do know the exercises ad up. I am just afraid to screw up my elbow even more with strength training because they are already talking elbow surgery for me.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha