Options
crewahl
crewahl Posts: 3,953 Member
Yo - how'd you do?

Replies

• crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,953 Member
    Options
    It has been a strange, strange week. I sorta think I’m still in the Green Zone . . .

Last week, my primary concern was that after some minor surgery I’m banned from activity for two weeks with a slow resumption probable after that. Since I eat my activity points, that means I need to eat less to stay in the allotted points. So I did; this week I’ve been getting a few rollovers each day in anticipation of dinner out Thursday night and this Saturday night.

And I dropped from 174.8 to 168.2.

Okay, normally a large loss is cause for applause. However, I explicitly don’t want to weigh in that low range because I’m concerned it will make me think it’s a sustainable number. Pretty sure I’d drive myself nuts trying to live the “clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy” eating pattern I heard last week.

And what makes it truly strange? I double-track, so I have calorie data. In the absence of activities, my net calories during this week of loss (calories eaten minus calories from activity) have averaged 250 higher than any one week period - while I lost over six pounds!

I’ve played with the data a bit (tortured it, some might say) and what I think I see is that my individual daily weight results correlate closely to my daily calories consumed, but the 14 day moving average of daily weights correlates better to the 14 day moving average of net calories. That suggests activity is important in the long term,but not in the short term.

None of which explains the last week . . . .

So I’m below the Yellow Zone - therefore it must be Green, right?

I’m just gonna keep staying within my available points, increase exercise as much as allowed after next Thursday’s post-surgery follow-up, and see what happens over four weeks. Other than that, I got nuthin'. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,094 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Down 3.2# "trying" to stay under points AND calories seems to be working. Still seeing the proverbial ups'n'downs, but, after 7 days. :)
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Down 1