Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to go well. We have laundry to do and I have church to watch. I am currently doing a load of dishes in the dishwasher. I love that thing and it was a great investment about 5 years ago. I try to keep the trap cleaned out and maintain it well so I hope it lasts a lot longer. It is portable so I wheel it over to the sink and hook it up and then wheel it back when I am done. It has a cutters block top so I can use it to cut things and it is parked right new to my fridge like an actual counter. I love it.

@bbonet3 - That is so awesome. I bet you are excited to see her. I cannot wait to have my first grandchild. I agree with holding off on daycare as long as you can. I always had my family watching my kids until they were almost 1 years old.
    @cormierannie - Thank you for that reminder. I have to go get a walk in. I really do.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Ok. That is good. I was just always told be careful not to push if it hurts. I had physio after surgery on my wrist and I have had physio on my knees. So I do get the physio side a bit. My hand still isn't 100% but they said it was pretty much all I was going to get after having to reattach ligaments in my wrist. I cannot do regular push ups because my wrist cannot hold the weight. It really stinks.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,479 Member
    Options
    ru23x8y51xl9.jpeg
    1jws757374dx.jpeg
    p4u3vy5utxtf.jpeg
    Good afternoon teammates, hope your weekend is going well, so how was week 1 for you? I did ok, and hope the trend continues. Calcium is good to track as I have no idea how much I get from food as I can't take supplemental - it causes muscle cramps and knots. Rather avoid those, they are painful.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a good day outside bad air quality due to the smoke. Went to Church and had a great fellowship. When I got home one of our friends was there for a short visit. I was a little surprised at how much weight he has gained in 10 years. Got my walks done. Did some laundry and played 3 games of Yahtzee and 3 games of Skipbo with Hubby. Tonight we're having breakfast for dinner.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a good day outside bad air quality due to the smoke. Went to Church and had a great fellowship. When I got home one of our friends was there for a short visit. I was a little surprised at how much weight he has gained in 10 years. Got my walks done. Did some laundry and played 3 games of Yahtzee and 3 games of Skipbo with Hubby. Tonight we're having breakfast for dinner.
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    4m0rn911dal9.png
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and even though it is early Joe and I are awake. We usually get up at 5 am but my dog started barking for some unknown issue that woke me up and then Joe started having tummy issues so that woke him up. So we are up an hour and 15 minutes early. That works for me though since I had to get Joe's clothes in the dryer this morning so he could have them for work. Now I know they will be dry in time for him to get to work. Yesterday we actually made it for a motorcycle ride. It was great. I really love the motorcycle rides with my husband.

@LindieMaeP - Love the photos. I take some supplements, not many though. I have not found one I really like except at Walmart and we really never go there anymore since it is such a bad store. Those are the only ones I have found that I like.
    @CSEGUIN2 - The smoke is getting to us again too. I was hoping since they had not mentioned the air quality in about a week that the wildfires were improving and possibly gone. That is apparently not the case and I feel bad for those in Canada that are really suffering because of this.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,122 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,331 Member
    Options
    It’s 74 feels like 74 with a high of 88 today. Insight Timer Quote: Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.—Corrie Ten Boom I AM: I am determined to maintain a state of happiness. Action for Happiness: Use one of your strengths to overcome a challenge today. Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 14,633 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 139/305 mile a day, Daily DB 2.0: Lower Body after breakfast and 45 min on Slim Cycle after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    good morning, everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i am clearing out some more of my storage unit later this afternoon. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon travelers
    One of my new favorite quotes is:"finding peace by not paying attention to all of my thoughts" by Heather Robertson
    I'm always fighting my thoughts & the most troublesome lately is that I'm getting too old to workout. It sounds so silly saying it out loud but I've always worried about getting older. It started when I was a little girl. One of my main goals is to get back to the gym regularly. I also continue to pay the same rate I did before a new company took it over since I was already a member. I do exercise at home & always have in between my gym days. But I love going to the gym. It's my special just for me get away place. I"ve been going to the same gym for 30+ years & it's 3 blocks away & has a year round outdoor pool. I haven't gone due to legit medical reasons that started it but I can go now & I did this morning & I feel GOOD!! I will not pay attention to those thoughts as best I can. I'm the kind of person who feels better the more I move that's why I chose the kinds of work that kept me on my feet most of the day. I'm mostly retired now so can choose the time I want to go for the most part.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Tabatha the fires unfortunately are still going strong in Canada. The air quality depends on which way the wind blows when it comes to the fires. Here we were warned this was going to be the norm all summer. Just waiting for the wind to change direction again.

Today has been a cooler, breezy day. The smoke is still in the air. Went for my walk this morning and had troubles getting my hip to cooperate with the plan. But did get it to. Then went with Hubby and our friend so they could go fishing. I hung out and also went for a short walk that I didn't track outside of steps as my phone was forgotten at home. After we got home I did my planned workouts and had a short visit with my friend this afternoon. Also did laundry, dishes and some reading. Tomorrow is TOPS. Not sure how the scale will react but it will be what it is.
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain .. I haven't been on a motorcycle for years, but they are fun.

@Patti241 .. Good afternoon!

@Evamutt .. Good for you. Enjoy your time at the gym.

• LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, I hope your Monday is going well and you are getting a lot accomplished as best you can. It's a warm day here and did some domestic engineering and what not and now just enjoying some free time. Still have to get some steps in but can do that later, after dinner.
    @Tabatha_Cain I order my vitamins from Vitamart - I get webber naturals Women's 50+Complete Multi vitamin which is one a day and I prefer one a day- I also take 1,000 UI Vitamind3 and that also is webber naturals but that I can buy in a drug store with no issues. I do like the webber line. it's too bad your walmart is not a good store to go to, maybe one by the parents would be better? or across the boarder ? lol How's Joe doing, is his meds finally working for him to function? Sounds like you had a great bike ride !
    @CSEGUIN2 it's a shame about all the wild fires going on in Canada - it's like the whole country is on fire but really I think I read, like 10,000 acres have burnt now - in BC the military has been called in to help - it's so bad. In Vancouver we are not getting the smoke at all - as you said it depends on the direction of the wind and the wind right now is coming from SW so nothing from the north where the fires are. We do have water restrictions because we are so dry. Some care, some do not. Sounds like you had a nice day today.
    @Evamutt I enjoy thinking about being a rocking chair grandma but not today - I will keep moving as long as these legs will get up and move and when they stop, then I will enjoy the rocking chair time. It will let me do some decent reading and not feel too guilty about it or the dust bunnies LOL Glad you enjoy going to the gym!
    83y3fbwrn01y.jpg
    35imx4tuchhf.jpg

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,670 Member
    Options
    Yesterday most of the family was here and today our granddaughter will come over to see her Uncle. We had the car towed to Christian brothers auto place, recommended by 3A, they are the ones who towed us. Haven't found out yet how long it will take to get it fixed. David drove me to Tyler so we could rent a car. He will be back over here later then they are off tomorrow to finish up their vacation. So not too much exercise etc. but had a great time. I just got off phone with our daughter Joell, she is starting to feel better, thank the Lord. Hugs all.

Today's affirmation:

I am ME.
    I am not my attachments.
    I am not my possessions.
    I am not the people in my life.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is going to be a good day today. Joe does not work a 12 but his regular shift so that he can have some me time while I am at work and then a motorcycle ride when I get home. I am excited. I am not sure where we are going but it is going to be fun. I know it is. We always have fun on the bike.

@Evamutt - I use to have a similar thought but mine was because I was so heavy. I thought only fit people went to the gym to stay fit because in commercials you only ever see fit people on the machines. It took a while to not feel like I was being laughed at for being there. It is great that you are only 3 blocks from your gym and they have a pool. Good for you for getting the gym so much.
    @CSEGUIN2 - That is so sad. I wish we could just dive bomb the fire with huge containers of water to stop it. I know it sounds great but realistically probably would not work because the ground is so dry. Sounds like you were super busy yesterday. I hope you get a chance to relax today.
    @jeanhickokhaley1 - They really are. Joe and I have rode several times this summer. It has been great. We have been all over.
    @LindieMaeP - Joe is back to 100%. The medicine is on back order for the lower dose he wants to take. So he will be unable to get back on it right away. But he is doing great. I will have to just breakdown and go to walmart to buy my vitamins. I really should be taking a multivitamin. I like your photos today. What type of camera do you use. That is a good distance shot.
    @Kurtize - So glad your daughter is feeling better. Did you book your car rental through 3A? They can do that. I am not sure where you are but we have a deal with Hertz at my 3A office and we get good deals for our members. Just wanted to help. Some 3A offices also have travel agents to book hotels and cruises and tours and stuff you can do for traveling. I would check it out. A lot of the stuff there is no fee for as a member.

Well I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,331 Member
    Options
    It’s 73 feels like 73 with a high of 97 with a heat advisory in effect at noon. Insight Timer Quote: Happy Hijri New Year to those who celebrate. May this year bring more opportunities to prosper and progress.—Insight Timer Team. I AM: I go within when I am without. Action for Happiness: Let go of the small stuff and focus on the things that matter. Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 14,013 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 140/305 mile a day, Daily DB 2.0: Upper Body after breakfast and 45 min on Slim Cycle after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,122 Member
    Options
    Good 🌄
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,670 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Happy Tuesday. @Tabatha_Cain, yes I booked rental through 3A and a good discount. The problem with the car has to do with the Internal resistance of the intake cam solenoid . Once they get parts will only take a 1/2 day to fix. Hoping parts will be here quick. The warranty we got when the new car warranty ran out will cover most of it. They will also pay for rental car. David and Doug left today. We had a good visit. Got back on track and walked this morning, have gotten in almost 3000 steps. Other then that still on lazy side. Have a great rest of the day, quite warm here, 98. Hugs all

pnm764k4wxwn.png
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    kk2woywx9j4a.jpeg
    ckozpq04da1w.jpeg
    Good afternoon everyone, I hope you are all having a good day. How about a purple day? Seems purple is the flower of the day, from the Iphone which of course I can't adjust like I did on the other phone. At any rate, I do like taking pictures.
    @Tabatha_Cain did you bike ride last night? I am not sure what I used to take the picture, either the cannon 12X or the Iphone or the android. Most likely though the Iphone as I am pretty sure it's a picture of the Fraser River coming from Richmond on the skytrain ... I am planning on getting a new Iphone soon and see what I can do with that. I barely use the Cannon but I should use it more.
    @everyone how is the challenge with the calcium going ? I am learning a lot about what is in my food!!!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a good day. Cooler temps and better air quality. Went to TOPS and lost 1.75 lbs! Also we had our elections and I did not get leader or co-leader. Less learned only stand for on position. I was a little disappointed but in the long run I think it'll will be better for me to not have that extra stress. I will still keep some of my duties as the leader has asked me to. I will be able to concentrate on me more. This afternoon I visited with some friends.

Connie