Living The Lifestyle - Monday 7/31/23

Options
crewahl
crewahl Posts: 3,954 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub(Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Morning rituals

Okay, this is a little silly, but - do you have a cup or mug that is “your” mug for your morning brew, or is your morning beverage served in whatever mug is handy?

And to tie it to the lifestyle, what does that say about how you manage your weight?

Replies

• crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I’m a “my mug” sorta guy.

nd5ludr6zppb.jpeg

It’s a “whale’s tail” style mug from Edgecomb Potters. I think it say that I know what I like, and that I tend to stick with those things - same breakfast, same lunch, etc.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,095 Member
    Options
    I usually use "my cup", except on Wednesday. I bring two travel cups of coffee to my WW meeting, one during, one for the trip home.
    Always had "my mug"(not necessarily) this one, since the service.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Here my mug is my face :-)
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I am also a creature of habit, and I do have my "special" mug for my coffee. Actually, it's a travel mug, and I am so set on using that one that I ultimately bought 2 extras! To be fair, I like it because the opening is just right, not too big and not too small, so I don't burn myself on the hot coffee when I take a sip.
  • Brian_19
    Brian_19 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    >what does that say about how you manage your weight?

Well, it's a classic wide-bottomed style, so make of that what you will. Lol. This is my daily go-to mug, and I love it! I'm ready to roll, but appropriately cautious about spills.

4pz1qdv54rbf.jpg
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,009 Member
    Options
    Cup/Mug about the same for me but it's black decaffeinated coffee so no bearing on the weight.
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My "mug" is a can of Diet Coke. What it says about me is that I am an addict.

I do drink ice water out of a mug later in the day. I use the same boring black one (often just rinsing it out several times rather that actually washing). If and when it breaks, I will just move onto another in the completely non-matching collection.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    Nope no special mug for me, just the first 1 my hand touches in the cabinet
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,283 Member
    Options
    I do have a mug. One at home and one at work. I also have one mug for coffee and one for tea. I'm complicated. ;-)
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,485 Member
    Options
    No mug. But my first stop is coffee. Bathroom fills in the time while the coffee is brewing.

What does no mug say about my program? Maybe it’s that the exception proves the rule. The only part of my routine that is not exactly the same every day is I just grab the first mug on the shelf. It’s my walk on the wild side for the day.