Living The Lifestyle Thursday 8/3/23

Options
imastar2
imastar2 Posts: 6,003 Member
Living the Lifestyle: Wednesday 08/02/2023
misterhub
misterhub Posts: 5,665 Member
August 2 edited August 2
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub(Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Correction mode.
How long do you go before you say to yourself whoops! That's far enough. One meal? One day?
One week? Or I'll start right after (you finish it)

Replies

• ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Because vacations are often a week or more, and I don't act especially abstemious on those occasions, it would be at least a week.

History shows that it can sometimes be more than a year.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    I would like to say it would be just 1 meal, but I am an old fart with much experience, and I know it can all too often be measured in decades!
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,939 Member
    Options
    Short version - I’m living with the Green/Yellow//Red Zones approach. Because of that, I don’t do “corrections” as such to any individual choice or meal or day. I’m only reacting to trends that put my Free Lifetime status at risk.

I’ll spare you the long version for now on the assumption most are familiar with the concept.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Now I pretty much work day to day. Need more stretches of within the stripes.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what you mean by "corrections." I view every meal as an independent opportunity to eat within my plan. Of course, there are days where I'm better at following my plan, and days where I'm not so good! Right now I need to cut out evening snacking if I want to drop a few more pounds. That will take some real focus, and apparently, I'm currently unfocused.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what you mean by "corrections." I view every meal as an independent opportunity to eat within my plan. Of course, there are days where I'm better at following my plan, and days where I'm not so good! Right now I need to cut out evening snacking if I want to drop a few more pounds. That will take some real focus, and apparently, I'm currently unfocused.

Yeah! snacking between lunch and dinner doesn't help either.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,003 Member
    Options
    By corrections I meant a gain of weight. I was doing pretty good 1st of June and lost about 12 lbs but mid July came along and for whatever reason I totally jumped off tract and sure nuff put 10 lbs on before you could blink your eyes.

I think routine sneaks up on me as in a vigorous change in my work schedule. Busy busy busy trying to do too much and just grabbed something to eat with Total disregard for the healthy choice. Unfortunately I cannot overeat on the unhealthy foods. I must stick to what I know works for me.