Options
    pedal__power
    PW 202.6
    CW 201.8

Steps (goal is 13K)
    8/1 17,334
    8/2 12,159
    8/3 14,034

My NSV for the week is receiving compliments from my teammates in hockey for some improvements that I've been making in my stickhandling and shooting. This summer, I've scored more goals and assists than I have in any other season, reached the top 10 player in the league for points, while the level of competition feels like it's getting harder. It could be that I'm getting older and we're playing against some really quick women who are 20 years younger than me. Since our team doesn't practice, I think most of my improvements have come from coaching through the winter.
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @nancyinmo I'm so glad you are safe, but sorry to hear about the damage. We had a derecho here a few years ago and it was terrifying and so destructive. We lost power for over a week but we didn't have to deal with heat. I hope your power comes back on soon!

@Sbus12 way to go with your steps and for reaching your step goal each day so far!

I'm sorry that I'm a bit behind on reading all the posts. I hope everyone has a great weekend! It's long weekend up here in Canada and I'm really looking forward to having an extra day off and a short work week next week.
  • dancingonstarz
    dancingonstarz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    dancingonstarz
    Friday
    PW: 157
    CW: 157.3(+0.3)
    LTD: 9.3
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    @pedal__power
    Steps for this month started on July 30, so please let us know your steps for 30 & 31 July as well. Thanks!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,225 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 8/1: 10,836
    Wed 8/2: 10,603
    Thu 8/3: 10,294
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ganival
    friday

pw 178.0
    cw 175.2

glad to see some of my vacation hiking muscle soreness/water retention has come off. i've really tried to get back into logging my food this week and focussing on good, solid, low heart rate/intensity exercise.

@frankwbrown congrats on getting thru a hot ride! i've seen videos of this event and it looks like a ton of fun. boo c19, hope you recovery quickly.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    8/2 7,226
    8/3 6,569
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    2787 today
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Sbus12 wrote: »
    It’s Thursday…the weekend is just around the corner. Often the weekend is difficult for people with social events and more opportunities to exceed calorie goal. Try to take a few minutes and make a plan. Doing the same thing will yield the same results.

Throw out some plans for yourselves this weekend!

m59ncb6a84ed.jpeg

I've got alot of chores to catch up around the house and need to get my pup to the vet for her annual shots. I'm going to make a batch of giardiniera.
    Sunday I will see my personal trainer, I haven't seen her in a while because of time, money, and foot injuries.

Goal for Saturday that is specific to my physical fitness - go for a 8-10 mile bike ride. Chance of rain is 41% on Saturday.

What are you weekend goals/plans?
  • Cyncia85
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I owe a few days of steps. I thought I only needed to post 2 or 3 days.

Cyncia1028
    Sun July 30 = 4,087
    Mon July 31 = 7,800
    Tue Aug 1 = 4,833
    Wed Aug 2 = 3,300
    Thurs Aug 3 = 4,420
  • Cyncia85
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Who uses positive affirmations to start/end their day?

One of my go-to affirmations comes from the Kelly Clarkson song Whole Lotta Woman
    "I'm a strong, bada$$ chick with class and confidence, yeah"

What's your favorite affirmation?
    Or what is an affirmation we can use to keep us focused on aligning our behaviors, goals, and values?
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Step Update

8/2: 13,635
    8/3: 10,297
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @Cyncia85 I went to the pool today after work and I have a graduation party tomorrow. I’m really focused on getting my steps in daily as it’s my goal. I also was very careful how I ate today at the pool and I’m trying to plan ahead for what I’ll eat at the graduation party. I’m trying to truly look at this as a lifestyle change and think what are healthy ways to eat while in social activities. Food is such a temporary reward, I much more appreciate the reward of my clothes fitting better, and my muscles toning up. I just need to continue to remind myself that.

Positive affirmations are very fulfilling. I’ve beat up myself mentally before, but talking positively and accepting that I can have a set back one day but it doesn’t define me the next day has better results.

Carrie Underwood—I am a champion is a fun-positive song filled with affirmations.
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    71z3xc3r5jbt.jpeg
    @Zaxa2021 way to jump back into it and get those steps!!

@mulecanter nice weight loss!! Keep up the hard work!

@Cre804 ooh mojitos are soo tasty!! NSV (non-scale victory) you got lots of steps and Whoo hoo! You got to return to the gym for some weight training!

@ganival Wowzers!! Nice weight loss!!!

@frankwbrown you are an inspiration with all the races and events you do!

@pedal__power you are always an all star with those steps! That’s so awesome you’re in the top 10! Keep smoking those younger ones-show them how it’s done!
This discussion has been closed.