Shape Shifters Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    @pupowl When we have a walker who reports an intentional zero (for any reason), I'm coloring the cell with light purple3 color, so we know it wasn't a zero because they didn't report.

Walkers...please include not just your steps, but the date. It just makes it easier to not have to research or wonder...we have different time zones...dates help. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @pupowl When we have a walker who reports an intentional zero (for any reason), I'm coloring the cell with light purple3 color, so we know it wasn't a zero because they didn't report.

Walkers...please include not just your steps, but the date. It just makes it easier to not have to research or wonder...we have different time zones...dates help. Thanks!
    Jessica

Am I the one you're referring to with the I tentional 0? Just wondering. I've posted each day since I started walking
  • jessicakrall8
    Options

Jessica

Am I the one you're referring to with the I tentional 0? Just wondering. I've posted each day since I started walking

@armygirlarmyof1 Nobody in particular, but pupowl and I need a way to know whether the zero was reported as zero or if it was towards the end of the week and I start filling the cells with zeros, so I thought the color would tell us so that we don't have to go back and search to see if the zero was intentional or accidental and still needs to be filled. Just a little Captains planning in action... Using you as an example though...you have had two days where you reported a zero, so I filled the cell with zero and colored it purple and now we both know that the zero was intended and not a cell needing to be researched or needing to remind the user to report that day's steps. Good plan, right?! See how much effort we put in to make sure everything is correct?! All in a day's work! :smile:

Jessica
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @bearchested I’ve never heard of RAGBRAI but it sounds like a huge physical feat!!
    My kids would of loved ending off in the football stadium too! Sorry to hear that you got sick after all that! Thankfully it happened after so you were able to participate. So many props to you…I’m a wimp in the heat. Congrats on this amazing accomplishment!

• pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Steps
    7/30 18,745
    7/31 13,618
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options

Jessica

Got it, that's a good idea. :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @alleykat69 What's your daily step goal for August please?
    @angmarie28 What's your daily step goal for August please?

@Jlswensen That little smidgen will come right back off in a day I'm sure...so what have you learned in your journey so far? What's working? What needs more attention? Have you tried one of our Group Challenges yet? Would love to hear your suggestions for a new challenge? What motivates you most?

Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 , gotcha and that's an awesome idea
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »

Jessica

Got it, that's a good idea. :smile:
    That is a good idea. But my skillset includes Google spreadsheet, and I have two tips for you both:
    1. You can populate the cells initially with what is called the null value. That is an empty cell (as opposed to one containing a blank). You can test this out by deleting the zero in one of the cells. You'll see that doing so does not affect the summing across the cells. A null cell is treated as a zero for arithmetic summation. This way, you'd be able to distinguish between a cell with no value yet (the null value) and one whose value was set to zero.
    2. Using conditional formatting, there's a way to automatically change the color of a cell based on its value. You could use conditional formatting to make cells with the null value a different color. So initially, all cells would be that color. But when a value is entered in each cell, its color would would change back to the default color. So, as days/weeks go by, it would be readily apparent which cells had no recorded value yet. I can walk you through this if you'd like.

• Sbus12
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @izzyred9400 holy smokes, you get a lots of steps! Are you a runner? I’ve hit 16,000 in a day but have a long way to get to the 20,000 mark. Great job! Very inspiring! Thanks for the warm welcome too! I hear you on the alcohol, I just recently started delving into learning more about wines so I’ve been trying new kinds. I just tried Cab Sauv this week and really enjoyed it! Sauv Blanc is on my list to try. My friend saw me weighing my wine on a scale and laughed and said—only you! Good job measuring!
    Loved your quote too!

@CasandraW nice work! What was your secret this week to you big wt loss?

@nancyinmo nice weight loss! I love when I’m pleasantly surprised. I was today when I checked and I’m hoping it’s still there on Monday 😉

@19shmoo69 good morning to you! Have a great day!

Congratulations to our Top 3 Walkers!!
    @frankwbrown @jessicakrall8 @izzyred9400
    Awesome dedication!! Those numbers are seriously INSPIRING and MOTIVATING!!

Congrats to ALL our steppers! Everyday you put in your steps—you are reminding all of us to get out there and step. Each of us has our own goal and each time we commit to walking, running, moving—we are encouraging others too!! Challenge yourself—compete against yourself.

0qtf2zjnr1tq.jpeg

• Sbus12
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I was looking at our spreadsheet of weight loss and it’s shows 56% of our group had a weight loss the first week! That’s great!! Looking forward to seeing what our collaborative effort can do!

@jessicakrall8 I saw your motivation questions. For me—I need accountability and that means check-ins. My first month, in May, I was active on the site, checking in a lot, and I had a good weight loss. And then by July, I pretty much just came on to put my stats in and didn’t participate as much and it showed in my weight loss since I wasn’t invested. I need that group accountability, I need to know that someone’s out there rooting for me and I in turn am rooting for them and showing them I can “put my money where my mouth is” so to speak. Years ago I did weight watchers in person and that worked great for me since I had a regular group and we kept each other in check. We encouraged each other yet also questioned each other when we didn’t have losses and were struggling. All of us have experienced plateaus and struggles before, and their advice and experiences really help me.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @bearchested - That sounds like an awesome journey, I've often thought going across Iowa or Nebraska would be a great cycle but century temps would be very challenging. Great adventure! Thanks for sharing. Are you on Zwift? If so if you'll send me your username I'll add you as a friend (I'm Merwanjee-Framjee). I'm rebuilding my training kit - and hopefully will have it working soon so I'm actually using my subscription again. I've only ever done one 100 mile ride and it was on the trainer, lol, mad respect!

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    3312 in steps today. We had a small tstorms last night so Dinah wasn't nearly as anxious and we got more sleep 😴. Sigh. But the knee and every where else that has arthritis in it was really stiff the last few days which has meant yoga and lots of stretching and strength training in my lower limbs to help wake them up.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Steps goal 8000:
    7/30 1.821
    7/31 4,253
    8/1 7,969
    8/2 9.061
    8/3 3,729
    8/4 8,638
This discussion has been closed.