Weight No More Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    v1ccyprr9wfi.jpg
    My afternoon walk today. I went round the perimeter path of my local park.

bl3auw468f1e.jpg
    My husband has just gone out to meet friends, so I'm going to grab a bite to eat and go for another walk. It's expected to rain for the next few days and I know it won't be so motivating. I may as well grab hold of this momentum while I've got it.

• BodyTalking
    edited August 2023
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Weigh-in-Saturday
    Starting weight: 81.7 kg/180.12 lb
    Previous weight: 79.6 kg/175.49 lb
    Current weight: 80.1 kg/176.59 lb

I am trying!

I went for that walk and reached 20k steps again. Now, the rain is here, I will have to push myself to get moving.
    This is from my evening walk, in another local park.
    oybl6mzj04lq.jpg
    r4dbcosou3c3.jpg

• cedarfoxy
    cedarfoxy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    cedarfoxy / Emery
    Weigh-in-Saturday
    Previous weight: 186.6
    Current weight: 185.3

@minstrelofsarcasm - I love your frame for reflection, and I'm going to try it myself (even though I struggle with being vulnerable).

Food:
    I seem to be quite good at compartmentalization and I have been putting food behind a wall and just not caring about it. It does take up a fair amount of brain power to put it behind the wall in the first place though, so I have been getting more fatigued (and none of that has anything to do with reduced calorie consumption, of course).

Exercise:
    What exercise? I did walk to work once this week (a bit over 2 miles), but that's it. I am nearly over the tail end of a cold, and I've been gentle on my body. I've just bumped my step goal back up to 4000 steps, and I'll hang out there for a little while.

Mindset:
    I've been struggling with whether losing weight is in my best interest or not. I'm aware of the research and I've gained and lost weight plenty of times. The thing is that I don't know my set point range. I know it was around 165 in 2016, so that's where I'm heading now, but it could be much higher given how life has gone in the years since then.

I'm also struggling with brain tumors. I had one removed which was great, but the location left me with some temporary motor deficits in my face and a seizure gave me transient sensory deficits in my arm and hand. That one is a slow growing tumor, but I worry that it will make those deficits reappear. I'm an acupuncturist and a teacher, so I kind of need both my hand and my mouth to work properly. The surgery itself also caused attention, concentration, and memory changes so I now have ADHD with a dose of "where did I put my keys" thrown in.

All that to say - I want to take care of my body and prepare for the future. I'm pretty sure that involves weight loss (and changing my dominant hand and getting back into ASL).
  • uclaxtina
    uclaxtina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 191.4
    CW (Current Weight): 190.2

I’m feeling proud of myself today. A month ago I struggled to drink more than a glass of water throughout the day but for the past month I’ve been regularly drinking 8 or more. I’m going to keep working on it to stay consistent. I also added at least 30 minutes of any type of exercise. I mostly walk but sometimes yoga or elliptical or some strength training. Motivating myself to get my exercise in each day is the hardest. But I work a very sedentary job and I know I have to make the effort.
    Reading other’s posts on MFP has inspired me. Everyone is on their own journey and yet very supportive of each other.

Happy Saturday everyone!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 212.4
    Cw- 211.4

I missed last Saturdays weigh in as I was on vacation with my family. But im happy to see that loss. I was 209.8 before I was pregnant, got up to 212.4 and now to 211.4. I want to gain the least amount I can with this pregnancy since I am so overweight to begin with! Especially in the first trimester i dont want to gain any more. I've been nauseous a lot and most of favorite foods haven't tasted good to me so that helps lol
  • FitBee9
    FitBee9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    FitBee9
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 176.2
    CW: 175.8

STEPS for July 30-Aug 5
    July 30: 20,523
    July 31: 1707
    Aug 1: 4683
    Aug 2: 6750
    Aug 3: 7892
    Aug 4: 7081
    Aug 5: 8749

• BodyTalking
    Options
    @cedarfoxy I can only try to imagine what you're going through and, if you feel weight loss shouldn't be your priority, you can still have it controlled in the background as you concentrate on something like strength training and whatever your doctors suggest. Looking after yourself as a whole will be key and all the positive things you do for your mind and body should help xoxox

@Zumba_Luvah I have no idea what it must be like to control your weight during pregnancy but wish you all the best as you figure it out. When food doesn't taste good, it's clearly not what you're meant be eating anyway 😄
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    m1m5acru1kml.jpg
    It has been raining all day 🌧️ but I went out for an hour's walk anyway.
    It's a great day for snails, the wall outside our building had loads of them.

o8fc8p315i49.jpg
    Just remember, even if you're progressing at a snail's pace, you're still heading in the right direction.

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    melaniedscott
    Saturday weighin
    PW: 235
    CW: 235

My car saga continues. I have done better on calories most days. Until yesterday, I did better on walking. Thursday will look bad but I was running around all day (car saga, dr appts). Next week I'm traveling a bit for training and have million things to do. Let's hope I can do it mindfully.

• BodyTalking
    edited August 2023
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Steps 30Jul-05Aug: 80,568
    S 6463
    M 10113
    T 4630
    W 10302
    T 20116
    F 20398
    S 8546

Daily Cheers to a BETTER ME!
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪🟫 30Jul-05Aug
    🩷🧡💛😏😏😏😏 Core/Flex/Balance
    🩷🧡💛😏😏💜😏 Workout
    🩷🧡💛💚💙💜🤎 Tone - BLABs
    🩷🧡💛💚💙💜🤎 Walk/cardio
    🩷🧡😏💚💙💜🤎 6,000+ steps
    🩷🧡💛💚💙💜🤎 1.5+ litres water
    🩷🧡💛💚🔵💜🤎 Caloric deficit
    Steps total: 80,568
    Caloric deficit total: 5581

Still working on it, but, I did get 20k steps twice this week, increased that total by a fair amount, and am heading in a better habitual direction.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    The August Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Aug 6th. Please join us for PFW + 1 Challenge. You'll have to stop by to figure it out!!! Acronyms are tricky things!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10896586/august-week-2-group-challenge-pfw-1-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • trebled_egg
    trebled_egg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 240.0
    CW: 240.0
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Rachelrjh

Pw: 155
    Cw: 153
  • JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    JessicaVRosati

Weigh Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 149
    Current Weight: 150

Starting Weight: 159
    Goal Weight: under 140

Steps 07/30 - 08/06 55,650

Ugh. I get plenty of exercise. I generally have a small calorie deficit, but I need to be more consistent tracking my calories. It can just be a bit demoralizing when I think I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing, but the weight doesn't go down. I'll keep working on it. I'm more concerned with functional fitness than weight loss, but I'd still like to see that number go down.

Keep up the good work everyone! Thanks for sharing your stories.

Jec
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    @Emm_165 30 lb loss since April is great, well done. What do you think are the main factors that aided your loss?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

4dfmdtluomjr.png
    wvteb18zl3ez.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    cdjhnsut4fxe.png

By Pounds
    ensvmbdfmbd4.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    wmltvdv514m8.png
    g2nxnijx6s4b.png

By Pounds
    8jwhjec0n02w.png

Team Winners
    97pxhinvltes.png
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT: 240 (2015)
    LOWEST WEIGHT: 152 (2020)
    AUGUST START WEIGHT: 191.8

USERNAME: i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    WEIGH-IN DAY: Mondays
    PW: 191.8
    CW: 187.6
  • EDTake2
    EDTake2 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Weigh In Day: Mondays
    PW (Previous Weight): 188.1lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 186.8 lbs.

This week was a very tough week. I was sick with Covid. I was not able to keep up with the physical activity, and my food calories. Some days I might have eaten more and same days didn't eat at all. I am doing much better today and should be able to start back with exercise and CC by the end of the week (fingers crossed).
This discussion has been closed.