Shape Shifters Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 311 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @Cyncia85 Make sure you pop in on this week's group challenge...special thanks to you for your input and for planting the seed of the idea for part of it. Hope you'll have time to take part...
    Jessica

@jessicakrall8
    I'll do my best to participate daily (starting with Monday). Gotta get back into my food diary. Thank you!
  • Cyncia85
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Food can be expensive!

Article Share. If you read it, reply with a strategy that is new to you and you're excited to incorporate it into your life.
    Or are there strategies you already use? If so, was it included in the article?
    Or share any other thoughts you had about the article.

10 Strategies to Save Money on Healthy Groceries

https://experiencelife.lifetime.life/article/strategies-to-save-money-on-healthy-groceries/?c_guid=8630714c-f788-4524-b3ca-3a02a9ddb1ac&utm_source=smc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=33293791&et_cid=33293791&et_rid=204395785&et_attr1=weekly_club_connection
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I posted today on the other thread about buying beans, cooking up a big Instapot full and making all kinds of meals out of basically a $1 worth of beans. I will stand by my ode to beans! :+1:
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @Walela617 I need your steps from Jul 30 to current please.
    @JenHul I need your steps from Jul 31 to current please.
    @alleykat69 I need your steps for Jul 30 and Aug 2 to current please.

All walkers, please catch up posting your steps. ALSO, PLEASE post every 2-3 days and let's keep our stats up-to-date. Keeping your stats up takes time for your two captains. I'M ASKING ALL OF YOU TO MAKE A CONCERTED EFFORT TO COOPERATE WITH THIS REQUEST PLEASE. Thank you!
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Gm rockstars. Ik with the humidity extremely high right now my weight would be really off.
    Cw 236.2
    And I've been more tired than usual because it has been so humid.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    8/5 10,008
    8/6 7,370
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    8/5 10,008
    8/6 7,370

Heya @LaurieWrobo ...just wanted to congratulate you...your steps have really picked up. I see you working hard!!! WTG, my friend! Bet you feel like a million bucks after your walks...I know, I do! Enjoy your day!
    Jessica
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in day
    PW; 164.2
    CW: 163.2

Steps
    July 31= 12,707
    Aug 1 = 11,355
    Aug 2 = 11,662
    Aug 3 = 10,706
    Aug 4 = 5026
    Aug 5 = 1560 (forgot fitbit on charger most of the day, oops)
    Aug 6 = 10,796

Question? Has any one tried Apple Cider Vinegar to balance blood sugars? If you have, do you use liquid form? or the gummies?
    I read a post in a different forum that said Apple Cider Vinegar 1/2 table spoon mixed with water, just before lunch helps to level out blood sugars and help with the 3pm wall most of us hit when working 8 plus hours a day. Thanx for any info, enjoy your Day Shape Shifters!
  • Cyncia85
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @JenHul I use the liquid apple cider vinegar. I simply do a shot of it.
    Or I cut up a cucumber and add a splash of apple cider vinegar with some dill and salt. Eat that before lunch or dunner.

I haven't done a cost comparison but I bet the price of the gummies costs more. Also, they are adding a bunch of ingredients to the gummies.
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Sbus12 wrote: »
    @Cyncia85 I went to the pool today after work and I have a graduation party tomorrow. I’m really focused on getting my steps in daily as it’s my goal. I also was very careful how I ate today at the pool and I’m trying to plan ahead for what I’ll eat at the graduation party. I’m trying to truly look at this as a lifestyle change and think what are healthy ways to eat while in social activities. Food is such a temporary reward, I much more appreciate the reward of my clothes fitting better, and my muscles toning up. I just need to continue to remind myself that.

Positive affirmations are very fulfilling. I’ve beat up myself mentally before, but talking positively and accepting that I can have a set back one day but it doesn’t define me the next day has better results.

Carrie Underwood—I am a champion is a fun-positive song filled with affirmations.
    @Sbus12
    I have "The Champion" on my workout playlist. Love that song.

When you say, "beat up myself mentally," I think of my critical/negative self talk. I've been working on self-compassion. I'm glad you got to the pool. It was a super rainy weekend by me. My gym has a pool - I have yet to visit it this summer. :( I've got a few weeks to enjoy the outdoor pool before closes for the season. Hope you stuck to your lifestyle values at the graduation party. Eating healthy at social gatherings can be a challenge.
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    I posted today on the other thread about buying beans, cooking up a big Instapot full and making all kinds of meals out of basically a $1 worth of beans. I will stand by my ode to beans! :+1:

@Itadakimasu7 I agree - beans are great! I'm learning how to cook dry beans. I'm used to canned beans. I've got a bag of black beans in the cabinet I need to conquer.
    Homemade refried pinto beans - with some garlic and onion - so yummy!!!!
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose great job staying under your goal! Glad you’re beating the hear with some indoor exercises. The heat can be so energy zapping!

@looneycatblue nice weight loss! Keep up the hard work! Ever bit helps! You’ve been really consistent.

@Jlswensen Wow! Losing inches is awesome and so rewarding especially when it comes to how clothes fit and feel. Doing measurements is a great way to look at the bigger picture.
    I hope your new asthma med works. Trial and error can be so frustrating. Great plans for August!

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    5630 steps
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8

PW: 178.5
    CW: 176.1

Went back to my daily food journaling and increased my steps. I became engaged again her in this community which I believe really helps me. I need accountability in this journey.

jlmyszjp25ht.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.