Username: laurabb99
    weigh in day: Monday
    PW 208.4
    CW 209.6
  • GarysGirl78
    GarysGirl78 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    GarysGirl78

Weigh-in day: Monday (Late post, again 😔, so sorry. I did actually weigh in yesterday)
    SW/HW: 78.83 kg / 173.8 lbs
    PW: 60.3 kg / 132.9 lbs
    CW: 60.1 kg / 132.5 lbs

Hope these crazy times at work end soon. I’ll try to do better here… At least my weight is back to where it was 2 weeks ago.

Steps will follow shortly.
  • GarysGirl78
    GarysGirl78 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Steps last week:

Sunday - 13290
    Monday - 12422
    Tuesday - 11661
    Wednesday - 12965
    Thursday - 12370
    Friday - 10582
    Saturday - 10280

Total steps - 83570
    Daily step goal - 9000
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, time to get caught up with everything that I've been neglecting.
    uclaxtina wrote: »
    I’m feeling proud of myself today. A month ago I struggled to drink more than a glass of water throughout the day but for the past month I’ve been regularly drinking 8 or more. I’m going to keep working on it to stay consistent. I also added at least 30 minutes of any type of exercise. I mostly walk but sometimes yoga or elliptical or some strength training. Motivating myself to get my exercise in each day is the hardest. But I work a very sedentary job and I know I have to make the effort.

@uclaxtina -

It sounds like you're already off to a great start! Do you like listening to anything in particular while you walk? I used to save up podcasts to listen to while I walked.

I missed last Saturdays weigh in as I was on vacation with my family. But im happy to see that loss. I was 209.8 before I was pregnant, got up to 212.4 and now to 211.4. I want to gain the least amount I can with this pregnancy since I am so overweight to begin with! Especially in the first trimester i dont want to gain any more. I've been nauseous a lot and most of favorite foods haven't tasted good to me so that helps lol

@Zumba_Luvah -

Have you had any cravings yet? Let us know all the details!!

Ugh. I get plenty of exercise. I generally have a small calorie deficit, but I need to be more consistent tracking my calories. It can just be a bit demoralizing when I think I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing, but the weight doesn't go down. I'll keep working on it. I'm more concerned with functional fitness than weight loss, but I'd still like to see that number go down.

@JessicaVRosati -

Whoa whoa whoa, even if you're doing everything you're "supposed" to be doing, the numbers on the scale won't always agree. Have you been eating anything sugary/salty? Drinking more alcohol? Stressing more? There's so many factors that impact water retention, even in the face of a caloric deficit. I bet you're doing better than you think.

• minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Emm_165 wrote: »
    Small loss this week but every bit adds up. 30 pound loss since April ❤️ Have a great week all!

@Emm_165 -

Congrats on 30 lbs since April! That's phenomenal!

EDTake2 wrote: »
    This week was a very tough week. I was sick with Covid. I was not able to keep up with the physical activity, and my food calories. Some days I might have eaten more and same days didn't eat at all. I am doing much better today and should be able to start back with exercise and CC by the end of the week (fingers crossed).

@EDTake2 -

Yikes, Miss Rona has not been good to anyone. Are you feeling any better today? I'm sending you all the support and good vibes I've got at my disposal.

Hope these crazy times at work end soon. I’ll try to do better here… At least my weight is back to where it was 2 weeks ago.

@GarysGirl78 -

What's been going on at work? Is it just a bunch of deadlines? Meetings?

• HH1006
    HH1006 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In Day: Tuesday

PW:117.6lbs
    CW:115.6lbs
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    August 6th

Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: July 30th - 206.0
    Current Weight: August 6th - 205.9

Steps

Sunday - 6402
    Monday - 5924
    Tuesday - 5517
    Wednesday - 8082
    Thursday - 6045
    Friday - 5929
    Saturday - 5599

Total - 43498 steps
    7000 k daily goal
  • alexhomeandcoffee
    alexhomeandcoffee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hola guys, I’ll be skipping this week’s weigh-in.

I’ve been weighing myself throughout my day for the past week. My husband is helping me fast from looking at the scale this week, he hid the scale batteries and I’ll be given them back next week.

I need to work on my relationship with my body mentally
  • JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    Options

@minstrelofsarcasm

"Whoa whoa whoa, even if you're doing everything you're "supposed" to be doing, the numbers on the scale won't always agree. Have you been eating anything sugary/salty? Drinking more alcohol? Stressing more? There's so many factors that impact water retention, even in the face of a caloric deficit. I bet you're doing better than you think."

We just had our first graduation at RICA yesterday and the weeks leading up to it were a whirl wind of preparation activities and events, so yes, to your intake questions. Thanks for the reminders and words of encouragement.
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 192.2 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 189.2 lbs

Glad to see the weight from my work travel is gone and then some! We are on vacation next week, so it is nice to see a loss before that.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Hola guys, I’ll be skipping this week’s weigh-in.

I’ve been weighing myself throughout my day for the past week. My husband is helping me fast from looking at the scale this week, he hid the scale batteries and I’ll be given them back next week.

I need to work on my relationship with my body mentally

@alexhomeandcoffee -

You got it, your weigh-in has been excused for this week.

What makes you want to weigh yourself throughout the day?
  • alexhomeandcoffee
    alexhomeandcoffee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm that’s a great question! I think it’s a false sense of control. As if, me, looking at the number on the scale every other hour would help me make the right decisions concerning my health. I’m no scientist, but I don’t think that’s how health works
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I didn't post my steps last week, so I'll do that now and steps post later. Moving slow this week or maybe the week is just moving too fast for me...

Sun: 5065
    Mon: 2752
    Tues: 3760
    Wed: 4006
    Thurs: 1796
    Fri: 1000
    Sat: 1000

Didn't move much Friday and Sat. Have been very tired and unmotivated. Not an excuse. Need to move more.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm that’s a great question! I think it’s a false sense of control. As if, me, looking at the number on the scale every other hour would help me make the right decisions concerning my health. I’m no scientist, but I don’t think that’s how health works

@alexhomeandcoffee -

Yeah, that's definitely not how health works. Your lowest weight of a day is either going to be immediately upon waking up (after using the rest room), or immediately after a fasted workout (which shouldn't count, because you're likely dehydrated).

As soon as you consume anything that isn't water, your body is going to start processing it, which requires water retention, which increases your weight. If your body is repairing muscles, it will hold onto water to help move amino acids to where they need to be. If your body is stressed, you'll see inflammation, which holds onto water to attempt to cool down. Burning fat requires and consumes water, and then releases carbon dioxide, which slowly leaves your body over time through your breath and other expelled gases. Most likely, all of these things, plus millions of other processes, means that your lowest expected body weight is right after that first toilet flush of the day.

But I get it. I've done the "how much weight did this burrito make me gain" thing, where I compared my weight after lunch to what it was in the morning and marveled at how the less-than-a-pound burrito resulted in a three pound gain, despite the fact that it wasn't the first thing I ate that day, and I drank half a gallon of water over the course of the morning, and I was stressed, and my sore muscles likely needed to hold onto ingredients to repair themselves.

And even as a scientist, I get it. Sometimes you just want to see how the number changes, because you think you have more control over ever detail than you really do. But here's the secret: Your body doesn't know or care that you're trying to lose weight - it's just doing its best to keep you alive.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    OFFICIAL TEAM BUSINESS
    First things first, I would love to announce that @BodyTalking has stepped up into the role of Motivator!
    I'm super excited to see what she can bring to the team :smiley:
    Welcome aboard!
    Weigh Day Reminder!

I am currently missing weigh-ins from the following:

@careyella
    @akstamps
    @2BFitgranny
    @podperson1
    @CassiaS1
    @ssssseika

Here's who I'm expecting to hear from today:

@ljdanny

Aaaaand here's all the folks with upcoming weigh days:

@rachelrjh
    @abp1025
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    @Marcy2890
    @melaniedscott
    @BodyTalking
    @JacquelineRochelle
    @JessicaVRosati
    @trebled_egg
    @cedarfoxy
    @uclaxtina
    @FitBee9

If anyone needs to move their weigh-day, be excused, join the support team, or anything at all, do not hesitate to reach out.

A Quick Note...
    I will be traveling to Wisconsin for a yearly tradition of going to the Renaissance Faire with friends, so I will not be as active starting tomorrow through Monday. If anyone has anything they need, please have patience.
  • 2BFitgranny
    2BFitgranny Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Username: 2bfitgranny
    Weigh-In Day: Monday (August 7)
    PW: 210.1
    CW: 211.6
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Steps for 7/30-8/5

7/30 - 11,816
    7/31 - 12,701
    8/1 - 10.954
    8/2 - 13,626
    8/3 - 8350
    8/4 - 14,142
    8/5 - 11,180

Total: 82,769

*sorry @melaniedscott I’m so late to post! Crazy weeks!
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,928 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    OFFICIAL TEAM BUSINESS
    First things first, I would love to announce that @BodyTalking has stepped up into the role of Motivator!
    I'm super excited to see what she can bring to the team :smiley:
    Welcome aboard!

A Quick Note...
    I will be traveling to Wisconsin for a yearly tradition of going to the Renaissance Faire with friends, so I will not be as active starting tomorrow through Monday. If anyone has anything they need, please have patience.

Thank you 😁
    If there's anything you'd like me to do while you're away, let me know.

p45pi2clz6ns.jpg

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    I'm going to weigh in tomorrow. I just traveled 13 hours home today so I didn't get to weigh in.
  • Marcy2890
    Marcy2890 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Username: marcy2890
    Weigh-In Day: Friday
    PW: 150.8 lbs
    CW: 149.6 lbs
This discussion has been closed.