🏆Challenge Week 5 Paris France - Freggies & Water

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,243 Member
edited August 2023 in Social Groups
😊 Greetings from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada my home town. Posting early as I am sightseeing and visiting friends. https://ca.hotels.com/go/canada/things-to-do-edmonton

This posting is for information only. PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS ON YOUR CHALLENGE TEAM PAGE. And post questions and comments on your team’s discussion board. Thanks!

🌎️Challenge #5 Saturday, Aug 5 - Friday, Aug 11🌎️

✈️DESTINATION - Paris, France - 6,000 Miles Freggies & Water

Paris is the city of love and is truly a magical place to watch the sunrise. Waking up early one morning in Paris is worth it! You will have the city (almost) all to yourself and feel the stillness of the city just before it comes alive. Treat yourself to the best Parisian coffee and croissants on the boulevard. Now head to your destination and watch the sun turn the sky into a pink candy floss color just before the golden rays light up the whole city. I used to think that the best time of day was sunset. Now it’s sunrise…
fq7vxeycc3vg.png
Race - You must exercise to earn air miles to get your team to the destination.
1 minute of exercise = 1 air mile
DAILY MAXIMUM 120 exercise minutes/air miles.

📝Living the Good Life - Freggies & Water

Fruit & Vegetables = Freggies! You must eat fruit and vegetables to earn points here.

The recommended amount of fruits and vegetables can vary depending on which health organization you ask. The US Department of Agriculture's MyPlate program recommends making half your plate fruits and vegetables. The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends four to five servings each of fruits and vegetables daily. The FDA has recommended that people have at least 5-9 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables every day.

Canada's Food Guide

Vegetables and Fruit: Females 7-8 servings, Males 8-10 servings

The CDC states "0nly 1 in 10 Adults Get Enough Fruits or Vegetables"! It may seem a bit too much to have 5 to 9 servings of fruits and vegetables but it might not be as difficult as you think when you take into account how much each serving really is.

The daily recommended amount is equivalent to almost 2 cups of fruits and 2 and 1/2 cups of vegetables each day. When you think of it this way does it doesn't look that difficult to get your daily recommended dosage of fruits and vegetables?

Here are some typical serving sizes for fruits and vegetables:

Fruits:
one banana
six strawberries
two plums
fifteen grapes
one apple
one peach
one half cup of orange or other fruit juice

Vegetables:
five broccoli florets
ten baby carrots
one roma tomato
3/4 cup tomato juice
half of a baked sweet potato
one ear of corn
four slices of an onion

You may notice that serving sizes on the Nutrition Facts Label of packaged fruits and vegetables are not always the same size as the one-half cup serving size that the USDA has set for the food pyramid. For example, some frozen vegetable blends may list the serving size as 3/4 cup, which would meet one and one half of your vegetable need for the day.

Potatoes are a vegetable, but they don't count towards your 5 A DAY. That's because the main nutrient in potatoes is carbohydrate (starch). When we eat them as part of a meal, they are generally used in place of other sources of carbohydrate, such as bread, pasta or rice. Therefore, potatoes are classified as a starchy food. Other vegetables that don't count towards your 5 A DAY are yams, cassava and plantain.

However, other root vegetables such as sweet potatoes, parsnips, swedes and turnips do count. That is because they are usually eaten as a vegetable alongside the main starchy food in a meal.

✔️To score points this week
1. Each serving of fruit or vegetable = 2 points to a maximum of 10 points per day.
2. Drink Your Water - 1 cup = 1 point. Daily MAXIMUM 8 Cups to record

Summary

Record all exercise minutes. It's 6,000 Team Exercise Minutes/Air miles. DAILY INDIVIDUAL MAXIMUM 120 exercise minutes/miles.

Scoring: 1 minute of exercise = 1 air mile

Living the Good Life

1. Fruit & Vegetables = Freggies! Eat all you want but the maximum to record is 5 servings at 2 points per serving = 10 points max per day.
2. Drink Your Water - Daily MAXIMUM 8 Cups/Points to record

We will record this on one thread. (example)

My Exercise: 30
My Fruit & Vegetables: 10
My Water: 8

****Remember if for any reason your health does not allow you to participate in a challenge please do not attempt it. Always follow your doctor's orders.

Replies

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    I am just down the road from Edmonton. I’m in Villeneuve. This weekend is a air show and I can watch it from my backyard. Have awesome weekend
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    That is very close by. We went to Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village on Heritage Day. Huge rain last night.
This discussion has been closed.