steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
Yo. How'd you do?

Replies

• steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I'm down 1 pound. Whee.

Same ol' same ol'. I guess at some level I should be happy that I'm not really gaining any weight, even if I'm not losing any of the extra 10-12 pounds I'd like to take off. I'm not making any real effort, and so I'm effectively maintaining.

To be honest, this whole retirement thing has been more of a challenge than I expected. I am keeping myself very busy, but not in any organized or directed manner. I've got to cut myself a break, and shoot for having an organized plan for myself in maybe 3-6 months. For the moment, I feel like I'm "retirement nesting." That is, Mrs. 0mania and I have been cleaning out and reorganizing parts of the house. We're in the midst of the office right now, and it's a real mess, but it's getting there.

I'll be a bit happier with myself when I launch my new physical activity plan...I'd like to take some introductory self-defense classes, and figure out what I'd like to focus on (in addition to my running). Plus, I want to get back to strength training again.

Have a great weekend everyone!

182/142/146
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,929 Member
    Options
    Down 2.7#. I'll take it. Bouncing around my 220# Goal weight. At least I'm able to get at, or below the 222 I'm allowed. Still not taking off the shoes. ;)
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I'm down 1 pound. Happy with that given my effort.

I'm thinking about joining a gym with a pool and trying lap swimming. Hip arthritis has prevented any meaningful activity for awhile now, and I'm realizing just how atrophied and weak I've become from inactivity due to daily pain. I'm trying to put off hip replacement, but it may be inevitable this year.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Down 2 lbs this week.

DW & I went to eat at one of our favorite places last evening. They have Thursday evenings Prime Rib 1/2 off and of course green salad, loaded baked potato, homemade yeast rolls then we finished up splitting a chocolate brownie warm with vanilla ice cream drizzeled with warm chocolate sause and nuts. So much for cutting back LOL!!. She's worth it though for putting up with me for 33 years this August 25.

However I have made a concerted effort to cut back, carb back, sweet back and going to a local community center over the weekend and check out their hours and the pool for exercising my shoulder and my legs. Gotta get in the habit of exercising. I feel like I can get back in the game so to speak.

400/339/200.0

• crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    It was a good week; I’m down near the bottom of my Green Zone. It’s largely do to my usually indulgent Saturday dinner last weekend being healthier indulgences. I usually go up two to four pounds by Sunday’s daily weigh-on, but I was only up a little over a pound. Therefore, my usual drop from Sunday To my weekly weigh-in Thursday started from a lower point.

I’m just about back to full activity and exercise after surgery on 7/5, and there are just a few exercises I haven’t resumed. Pleased that I was able to maintain during a period of more limited exercise. 👍🏻