7/30 - 11,816
    7/31 - 12,701
    8/1 - 10.954
    8/2 - 13,626
    8/3 - 8350
    8/4 - 14,142
    8/5 - 11,180

Total: 82,769

*sorry @melaniedscott I’m so late to post! Crazy weeks!

No judgement I'm trying to figure out where Wed & Thurs went. And why I didn't get the steps post up ... Now ...I'll do it now.
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sorry am late for weigh in - been snowed under this week and def need to get my butt in gear!

username - podperson1
    PW - 216.8
    CW - 215.4

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    ~Step Challenge Results ~
    AUGUST WEEK ONE
    Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 7
    Total Steps: 422,819 (+12.65% from last week)
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 60,402

The Leaderboard -

@GarysGirl78 - 83,570 total | 11,939 average
    @i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR - 82,769 | 11,824 average
    @BodyTalking - 80,568 total | 7,950 average
    @FitBee9 - 57,385 total | 8,198 average - Most Steps in One Day!!!
    @JessicaVRosati - 55,650 total | 10,831 average
    @9Harvey - 43,498 total | 6,214 average - Most Consistent!!!
    @melaniedscott - 19,379 total | 2,768 average

All of our bolded steppers set a goal and met it, based on their average steps per day!

That is a strong start to the month (well, for everyone not me)! Welcome to the team @FitBee9! Look at you, rocking the most steps in one day on your first week!

We have five weeks in this challenge, so 2 million seems like an easy goal. Can we hit 2.5?

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    deo1bahczcgc.jpg
    Someone shared this on a Stridekick group and I thought I'd share it here. I checked it out and, yes, this is how pedometers classify activity levels.

30 minutes of moderate activity, such as walking, is around 3000-4000 steps. I'm going to start thinking about what I do in 30 min chunks and see if it helps me be more consistent.

Have a happily active weekend
    🚶🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♂️🤸🏼‍♂️🏋️🤾🚴🤼‍♀️🏌️🏇🤹🏊🏻‍♀️
  • BodyTalking
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Following on from my previous post about activity levels, I thought I'd take a look at what I actually do in blocks of time (according to recently recorded walks) and I did a morning workout (general exercises and hand weights) to give myself a personal guide.

ic4xlio916jw.jpg

I hope it's useful for you too.
  • uclaxtina
    uclaxtina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 190.2
    CW (Current Weight): 190.0

Happy Saturday everyone!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 211.4
    Cw- 211.2
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 198
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to weigh in at home so I am using my weight from the Dr last night. I had an appointment for my weight. She wants to try me on a different med and see if that will help me but not sure if my insurance will cover it. She also wants me to lift some weights. I got home Thursday night and have been cleaning my house and doing laundry ever since. This is the only weekend I have free. Later today we are either going to the fair or the carnival that's in town. I do have to get food shopping also. Being gone 2 weeks takes a lot to get caught up on.
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Weigh-in-Saturday
    Starting weight: 81.7 kg/180.12 lb
    Previous weight: 80.1 kg/176.59 lb
    Current weight: 80.4 kg/177.25

Oh well, I did have two days of surplus calories 🙄 and I haven't done as many steps as last week nor have I done much in the way of exercise.

avygs399jckj.png
  • FitBee9
    FitBee9 Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    FitBee9
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 176.2
    CW: 174.0

STEPS for Aug 5-Aug 12
    Aug 6: 10,520
    Aug 7: 10,396
    Aug 8: 4683
    Aug 9: 6578
    Aug 10: 648
    Aug 11: 3100
    Aug 12: 972
    TOTAL: 42,214

The dog is out lame, and I didn't do any big hikes this past week, lol. Hope to have a bigger number next week!
  • JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    JessicaVRosati

Weigh Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 150
    Current Weight: 150

Starting Weight: 159
    Goal Weight: under 140

Steps 08/07-08/12: 77352
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    The August Week 3 Group Challenge is open and will begin on Sunday, Aug 13th. Please join me for a Virtual Scavenger Hunt. Bring your creativity!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10897051/august-week-3-group-challenge-virtual-scavenger-hunt#latest

Hope to see you there each day this week!
    Jessica
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Daily Cheers to a BETTER ME!
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪🟫 06-12Aug
    😏😏😏😏😏😏🤎 Core/Flex/Bal
    😏😏😏😏😏😏🤎 Workout
    🩷🧡😏😏😏💜🤎 Tone - BLABs
    🩷🧡💛💚💙💜🤎 Walk/cardio
    😏🧡💛😏💙💜🤎 6,000+ steps
    🩷🧡💛💚💙💜🤎 1.5+ litres water
    🩷🧡💛😏😏💜🤎 Caloric deficit
    Steps total: 67493
    Caloric deficit total: 5040

Still trying to do better and, unfortunately, still not losing weight.
    My overall fitness and health must be improving though.
  • cedarfoxy
    cedarfoxy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    cedarfoxy / Emery
    Weigh-in-Saturday
    Previous weight: 185.3
    Current weight: 185.3

Food:
    Apparently my brain decided that if I don't track or look at my food, nothing will happen. Turns out that's not accurate. I had weight loss (trend weight) early in the week, then climbed back up to where I started. I have been eating delicious food (and I stop when I realize I don't like something) and I'm happy about that, but I have not been monitoring my portions. I think I made some great decisions this week and had a bit of a trade off while I practiced a new skill.

Exercise:
    I only did a few short walks this week, but my average number of steps have been increasing. 5 days out of 7, I made 6000 steps and the other two made my goal of 4000. I will bump up to 5000 steps a day for the next week. And tomorrow I go on an overnight hike which I'm super excited about!

Mindset:
    I've been feeling a lot of stress over the last week with applying for a faculty position, getting the offer, and negotiating the salary. That has definitely taken priority over everything else. I've been putting hours into lesson planning, negotiating, scheduling, and comparing opportunities. It's been a brain slog.

I'm also considering going back into the doctorate program that I took a leave of absence from during COVID. Discounted tuition is part of the salary negotiations, and I'll make more money when I have the degree, but... I'm also exhausted and on the verge of burning out, so something's got to give.

Medical:
    I had a lymph node biopsy this week to check for cancer, and it came back with no malignant cells found, which yay! But the sample also had very few viable cells, so... inconclusive?

It was lovely to catch up and read everyone's messages. I rarely post or "react" to individual posts, but know that I appreciate when y'all share!
  • JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    JessicaVRosati

Weigh Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 150
    Current Weight: 150

Starting Weight: 159
    Goal Weight: under 140

Steps 08/07-08/12: 77352
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    cedarfoxy wrote: »
    cedarfoxy / Emery
    Weigh-in-Saturday
    Previous weight: 185.3
    Current weight: 185.3

Food:
    Apparently my brain decided that if I don't track or look at my food, nothing will happen. Turns out that's not accurate. I had weight loss (trend weight) early in the week, then climbed back up to where I started. I have been eating delicious food (and I stop when I realize I don't like something) and I'm happy about that, but I have not been monitoring my portions. I think I made some great decisions this week and had a bit of a trade off while I practiced a new skill.

Exercise:
    I only did a few short walks this week, but my average number of steps have been increasing. 5 days out of 7, I made 6000 steps and the other two made my goal of 4000. I will bump up to 5000 steps a day for the next week. And tomorrow I go on an overnight hike which I'm super excited about!

Mindset:
    I've been feeling a lot of stress over the last week with applying for a faculty position, getting the offer, and negotiating the salary. That has definitely taken priority over everything else. I've been putting hours into lesson planning, negotiating, scheduling, and comparing opportunities. It's been a brain slog.

I'm also considering going back into the doctorate program that I took a leave of absence from during COVID. Discounted tuition is part of the salary negotiations, and I'll make more money when I have the degree, but... I'm also exhausted and on the verge of burning out, so something's got to give.

Medical:
    I had a lymph node biopsy this week to check for cancer, and it came back with no malignant cells found, which yay! But the sample also had very few viable cells, so... inconclusive?

It was lovely to catch up and read everyone's messages. I rarely post or "react" to individual posts, but know that I appreciate when y'all share!

Our brains want to be in control. But they aren't. Weirdly, there's some research that gut health impacts brain health...so our stomachs have more control than our brains!

I've considered grad school a couple times but if I'm this tired not doing school, how would I ever manage to get school work done too?!? I feel your pain.

You should totally join the step challenge! You don't have to post daily or even by the day--you could just post the end of week number.

Congratulations on the positive test (even if it is somewhat inconclusive)! It isn't bad, so that's good!
This discussion has been closed.