Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,679 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Today was cooler, a breeze and 93 degrees. We have been talking about it and checking out different places and have decided to move. We are staying in Texas because at our age we don't want to go through drivers tests. We found a place in Amarillo TX, which is north western Texas. Its 55+ community and the home is smaller. It is about a 6 hour drive from here. We listed our house today so will see what happens. Amarillo is still hot but not as hot as here. Been watching the temps. Well that is my latest news. Have a great rest of the day. Hugs all.

Optimism is a prerequisite to progress. It provides the inspiration we need, especially in hard times. And it provides the encouragement that wills us to chase our grandest ambitions out into the world, instead of locking them away in the safe quiet of our minds.
    - Shimon Peres

• jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,357 Member
    Options
    @LindieMaeP .. Beautiful flowers. We were muggy today. We had a slight chance of rain, but only clouds hung around.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,240 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and I am so glad we are getting close to the weekend. I am excited because I have Monday and Tuesday off work. So that is going to be great. I am loving it. I get some more time off. I do love my job but I love spending time with my husband as well. He is my everything.

@LindieMaeP - Nice photo. Maybe go for a walk in the morning. It has been raining here the last couple of days so I have not been able to go for a walk. It really stinks.
    @Kurtize - I hope everything goes as planned for you. That would be nice if the weather was a little easier on you.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    It’s 58 feels like 58 with a high of 83 today. Insight Timer Quote: Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.—Jim Rohn I AM: I rely on the Universe for strength and power during stressful situations. Action for Happiness: Make a thoughtful gift as a surprise for someone. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,787 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 169/305 mile a day this afternoon, 12 Week Foundations Wk1/D3: Legs + Core in the gym after an appointment this morning and 45 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,483 Member
    Options
    y79vsb1vp6h7.jpeg
    j7ktv5lx1t4w.jpeg
    4iz9vdszbcj6.jpeg
    Good morning everyone, got out for my 10 min outside early, did a tour around the block - took me 12 minutes as I had to walk slow due to the knee issues. I got some great garden shots though. I saw a woman out at the building that is kinda behind ours and she was cleaning the area - I thanked her for caring that much, the building is kind of derilect condos due to be torn down one day, not today though.
    @Tabatha_Cain thanks, and hope your day goes well. now remember you got to get outside to maintain those tanned legs !!
    @jeanhickokhaley1 thank you, we have a bit of a heat wave but cool in the morning, which is when I can go out and enjoy - later it will be too hot for me, so hybernate I do !! 🎵🎵I wish it would rain 🎵🎵 cause we sure need it !! You know when it does come it's gonna pour for days and weeks and then folks will wish for the sun again !!
    Have a wonderful day everyone !!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today! my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Good afternoon all, hope your day is bright. It did get up to 102 but down to 93. Yesterday was 93 almost all day and it was great. I think cooler weather is coming. LOL to think 93 as cooler weather.
    @Tabatha_Cain - thank you. Well everyone have a great rest of the day, hugs.

Daily Affirmation: entrust my entire being to the gentle nurture of Spirit. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and I am almost there to the weekend. Only today and tomorrow. I am looking forward to this weekend. Joe's Daughter is getting married on Sunday. I am excited. One more kiddo down and married. We just have to get our boys to cooperate now and get their lives together. His son is having trouble getting a job as in he is 23 and only wants to game all day so he is living in a camper and playing video games all day while his girlfriend works a part time job so he can buy more video games. He has no want to get a job. The camper is on his grandparents property and they told them they have to be out by the end of October because they are not keeping the heat going in the trailer. So not sure what their plan is there. Joe is upset with his son because they had an apartment together and when Joe moved in with me he told the complex he moved out but they would not remove him from the lease. Well his son skipped out on the last month and now they put the apartment on Joe's credit as a delinquent bill and we just don't have the 1,000 to pay it right now. So we are not able to start looking for our own house. He has talked to his son several times about getting a job and getting that paid off and his son just says oh well not my problem.

@LindieMaeP - I am definitely working on getting outside more to maintain my tan. Today we are suppose to get thunderstorms so today will not be the day for that. I am glad to see you got out a little earlier yesterday.

Well I hope you all have a great Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 65 feels like 65 with a high of 89 today. Insight Timer Quote: The spiritual journey is individual, highly personal. It can’t be organized or regulated.—Ram Dass I AM: My health is the most important thing to me. Action for Happiness: Be kind online. Share positive and supportive comments. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,210 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 170/305 mile a day before breakfast, 12 Week Foundations-Advanced W1/D4: Active Recovery in the gym after breakfast and 45 min walk after dinner.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,261 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, I am so sorry about Joe's son not wanting to work. SIGH so many who are dealing with emotional/mental health issues tend to "get deeply into gaming" as a way of escaping the pain of life they feel. It's AMAZING to me how some think working isn't necessary or "It's to hard." My GD told me the other day "I really do not want to work anymore." My response "Do you like to eat? Drive? Hon, I lovous you very much, but if you want to eat, drive, etc. work is the only way to get the money." She took a deep sigh "I know, and I am going back on Weds." She's been out on family leave after having aw Matteo. He's so cute, it's not easy for her to tear herself away, but her partner will take care of him. He'll be fine, and my GD normally enjoys working, plus it's super good money, a plus plus plus. I could have said, "I get it hon, let me see what I can do for you so you do not have to work." But, I'd of been laughing WAY TO HARD!! My Mom taught me as a late teen "If you want to eat, you work. Period. That's it, never come to me for money. Mange yours well" and showed me how to budget. She also talked to me, here's a kicker most youth may not get "Not everyone is a Doctor or Lawyer, someone has to work at an entry-level job." It was so hard at first for me as an entry level job, but I was able to get skills and WOOHOO had a job that wanted me to advance (the market is full of jobs that are willing to do this) and paid for my accounting education! I hope his son can help with whatever issue has him thinking it's okay to play games all day. It is often a complex issue. I feel for you all. Perhaps, his son thinks "YOU OWE ME!" Hmmmm not after age 18! I am glad my Mom was tough on us kids, all but one worked their way in life, well me, until I was hit by an 18 wheeler, but that's a whole different story!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

27 messages since I was last on. Did my best to read through them.

This week has been busy. Sunday was my family reunion and had a great time even in the heat.tst4zapno53l.jpg I am the one in the pink and black tank top. Helping my little cousins and nephew play hot potato. Monday went with Son to doctor appointment in the morning. Then went to my own doctor appointment. Was put on muscle relaxer for my shoulder as I am still struggling with some pain, have to get blood work, and booked an appointment for ECG and echocardiogram. Also had a volunteer information night for the Harrow fair. Tuesday went to TOPS. Gained back most of the weight that I lost the week before. In the afternoon was my ECG and echocardiogram. Wednesday was exercise and visiting friends. Today was exercise, food bank, and working on catching up on chores. Tomorrow should be more normal I hope.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk in the afternoon and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i went to an art drop in program at my building this morning and to play some bingo in the afternoon in my building. i try to go to these activities as often as i can. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    edited August 2023
    Options

jclqzr1ldbi6.gif

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,483 Member
    Options
    lrt3nkvh1jb8.jpeg
    Good afternoon everyone, popping in before I go down to the laundry room to switch out loads, I am getting some good steps in going up and down the stairs.
    @Tabatha_Cain my family are all gamers, they play games on the computer, off the computer, BUT they also realise they need to work to make $$$ as no one is going to support them playing games 24/7 - well a company that needs testers might, so if your step son wants to play games all day all night, perhaps he can apply to test these games that are out there - eventually that will wear thin with everyone, and unfortunately the school of hard knocks might be around the corner. My granddaughter is a gamer, a D&D master - and a few other games she is high level - but she also knows she needs to make $$$ to eat and sleep from time to time. Sometimes it is a lack of self esteem - if they are good at the games, that might be all they need to feel good about themselves. I hope you and Joe are able to work something out - if they have to leave the trailer will they come stay with you all? If so set the ground rules from the get go and be sure you and Joe are on the same page, a united front so to speak. I wish you well with this. It's too bad about the apartment issues too, that is not going to go away nicely either. How'd work go ?
    I hope everyone is having a good thursday !! Week 6 almost in the bag eh !!
    rilwz1ys1a5x.gif

• Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and I am ready for the weekend. Like really ready and wanting it to be over. We have so much to do this weekend. I am pretty stressed out right now. We will figure something out I guess. We always do.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Yes and he does have issues. His mom died when he was 6 and Joe was a mess and kinda checked out as his wife died. They moved back to Michigan from Florida and into Joe's parents house and never got therapy to deal with his mom's death. It was a rough time and they did the best they could, but I am sure he is really affected by it and now feels like they owe him because he lost his mom.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Looks like you had a great time at the get together.
    @LindieMaeP - Joe's son cannot come stay with us. He and his girlfriend are currently living in the camper and they have 2 big dogs and a cat. I am already at max pets allowing in the city limits. Since Joe has repeatedly paid his son's bills several times over the last year Joe is really upset that he had to do that because his son just did not pay it. So them moving in with us would be bad and really stressful situation since his son does not clean up after himself at all. It would be bad.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 59 feels like 59 with a high of 90 today with an excessive heat watch from noon tomorrow through 10PM on Wednesday of next week. Insight Timer Quote: Breath is the bridge which connects life to consciousness, which unites your body to your thoughts.—Thich Hnat Hanh I AM: I do my best to create happiness wherever I go. Action for Happiness: Today do something to make life easier for someone else. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,450 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 171/305 mile a day before breakfast, 12 Week Foundation-Advanced W1/D5: EMOM in the gym after breakfast and 45 min walk.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a mostly cloudy day here today. my daughter says hi to all. last night she played with a local band and she really enjoyed it. my sister sent me a few pictures, as i was not able to be there. she really enjoys anything music related and finds opportunities to play the guitar, the bass guitar and the keyboard. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i did my strength training later in the morning and i feel great! i went for a walk in the afternoon and i feel good. i will be doing some dancing later on. i went to a BBQ that was held at my building this afternoon and i really enjoyed my meal. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    88hbdtgem3lx.jpg