Getting ready for Christmas 2023: how are things going?

Options
SimpleSimonEU
SimpleSimonEU Posts: 151 Member
edited August 2023 in Social Groups
This space is to introduce yourself, report your progress and support each other.

Replies

• SimpleSimonEU
    Options
    I'll start by introducing myself :)
    My name is Simon, I'm almost 50 years old and from Europe. I work in healthcare in a fulltime and demanding (and sometimes stressful) but satisfying job. I have been yoyo-ing my weight and fitness, and have found that physical activity, sleep, stress and diet closely linked. So, although I will be reporting my weight with the goal, I will be working on the other aspects too.
    Looking forward to cheer you on!
    Simon
  • korpinsiipi1177
    korpinsiipi1177 Posts: 11 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Im now littlebit sad because my leg got injury and 1 month no walking. 2 weeks no exercice and now last 2 weeks littlebit gym for hands and back. My goal is run 5km 30 mins but im now too heavy for that goal.

Before covid, i was size S and fast became size L. Im now size M. My goal is to be again size S and this group is perfect because i want do shopping then when smaller and run smoothly.

Hanna from Finland
  • LONDONPARISNY2023
    LONDONPARISNY2023 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Sarah-Jane love the idea of Getting ready for Christmas.Im a huge Christmas fan! I was on MFP from 2019 until last year and succesfully got down to 64 kilos for 1m76.However, have put weight back on and want to be at least 65 for my daughter's wedding in October. So rejoined.(have about 3-4 to lose)Workout every day plus walk my 2 dogs. Feel free to friend me. Look forward to seeing where this group goes.
  • korpinsiipi1177
    Options
    Day 2. Im 2 weeks -500kcal because my leg needs rest. After that im going to be -300kcal to 6.12. Then im going to be maintenance calories. Im planning to be flexible when need to be, but have 1 bigger meal of sweets like ice cream on saturdays.
  • SimpleSimonEU
    Options
    Great work, nice meeting you all :)
    On my way back from Summer Holiday to home. Need 3 more days to get home, unpack, do laundry, celebrate holiday with Family once more :)
    Back to it from Monday August 21st. Did a lot of physical activity on holiday, plan to continue!
  • SimpleSimonEU
    Options
    @LONDONPARISNY2023 Wow, that is a great goal, the wedding of your daughter, congratulatons!
    @korpinsiipi1177 Great start! What does "6.12" mean? Enjoy your icecream, very impoartant :)
  • korpinsiipi1177
    Options
    @SimpleSimonEU Its our independence day. And nice to end from 22.2 to 6.12 my dieting journey this year.

Next years project is to be less heavy to run and go to run events. My weight today is 74.6kg. Trying to lose 5 kilos.
  • SimpleSimonEU
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @korpinsiipi1177 Sounds great Hanna, but still not sure what the unit of 22.2 is. Kilograms? Calories?
  • korpinsiipi1177
    Options
    22.2 is days and month.
  • SimpleSimonEU
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Start weight (aug 20th): 99.4 kg
    Goal weight (Christmas): 92.2 kg
    Weight loss target: 7.2 kg (ie 0.4 kg per week)
    From now on, I will weigh in daily and report weekly averages on Sundays.
    Happy to Friend you for more daily support 💪🏻
    Let’s go 😀🚴🏻
  • korpinsiipi1177
    Options
    New lower weight 74 kilos. It has platoed 2 weeks because I have been gym more and my weights are increased.

My weight normally drops 0.3-0.4kg per week and i have been -300kcal. Inbody says Im losing fat and muscles are up. Going to another inbody test on wednesday, so exited to see 2 months results :)
  • korpinsiipi1177
    Options
    Inbody says i have lost 1.8kg muscle :'( . I know its because 1 month break but i dont give up. I have been lifting in gym 2 times a week and walked 5 times a week. This week walked 19.2km. Because muscle loss my fat has only 0.7kg (between 2 months) gone.

Today walked 8km and leg feels normal. Maybe short runs soon.
  • SimpleSimonEU
    edited August 2023
    Options
    My first full week of logging, here we go! I weigh in daily and report weekly averages to minimize day-to-day fluctuations
    • Start weight (August 20st): 99.3 kg (2 day average)
    • Goal weight (Christmas): 92.0 kg (lose 7.3 kg)
    • Week 1 (August 27): 98.2 kg (lost 1.1 kg this week, 1.1 kg in total, 6.1 kg to go)
    Not bad for a first week :) Will keep on cycling and put in an extra training this afternoon.
  • SimpleSimonEU
    Options
    @korpinsiipi1177 Great walk! Just keep going and you'll be fine!
  • SimpleSimonEU
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I weigh in daily and report weekly averages to minimize day-to-day fluctuations
    • Week 1 (August 27): 98.2 kg (lost 1.1 kg this week, 1.1 kg in total, 6.2 kg to go)
    • Week 2 (Sept 3rd): 97.7 kg (lost 0.5 kg this week, 1.6 kg in total, 5.7 kg to go)
    Happy about this result, still ahead of schedule, but challenges (parties, work trips) ahead.
  • korpinsiipi1177
    Options
    1 week workouts: gym 2 hours 47 minutes (3 workout days), walk 5.7 km, run 5 km.
    Weight is up 0.5 kilos but its muscle. Gym weights are heavier again.

Im motivated because 5km run was my fastest 5k run and last run was 1.5 months ago.
  • SimpleSimonEU
    edited September 2023
    Options
    • Week 1 (August 27): 98.2 kg (lost 1.1 kg this week, 1.1 kg in total, 6.2 kg to go)
    • Week 2 (Sept 3rd): 97.7 kg (lost 0.5 kg this week, 1.6 kg in total, 5.7 kg to go)
    • Week 3 (Sept 10th): 96.7 kg (lost 1.0 kg this week, 2.6 kg in total, 4.7 kg to go)
    Wow, this is more weight loss than I expected. Did a lot of cycling last couple of weeks, with rides of 50-70 km. Maybe that is the trick? Anyway: steady as she goes, lots of challenges ahead!
  • korpinsiipi1177
    Options
    1 week workouts: gym 2 hours 13 minutes. Runs 4.1 kilometers. Walks 8.1 kilometers.

My inbody tests said that im losing muscle and gaining fat. So no more minus calories and eating maintenance calories 3 weeks atleast. Running feels good.
  • SimpleSimonEU
    Options

Start weight (August 20st): 99.3 kg (2 day average)
    Goal weight (Christmas): 92.0 kg (lose 7.3 kg)
    Week 3 (Sept 10th): 96.7 kg (lost 1.0 kg this week, 2.6 kg in total, 4.7 kg to go)
    Week 4 (Sept 17th): 97.0 kg (gained 0.3 kg this week, lost 2.3 kg in total, 5.0 kg to go)

Not sure what happened this week, maybe the 1.0 kg loss of last week was an over-estimation. Some challenges this week, such as multiple parties. Let's get back on track!
  • korpinsiipi1177
    Options
    1 week workouts: gym 2 hours 54 minutes.

This week was recovery week. My weights in gym are increasing <3