Weight No More Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,159 Member
    Options
    The August Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to start on Sunday, Aug 20th. Hope you'll join me for the "Write Your Own Ticket" Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10897506/august-week-4-group-challenge-write-your-own-ticket#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,962 Member
    Options
    😬 oops! I forgot to weigh myself this morning. I'll try to remember tonight and do a morning-time weighing tomorrow.
  • GarysGirl78
    GarysGirl78 Posts: 107 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    GarysGirl78

Weigh-in day: Monday (Late late late post, again 😔, so sorry. I did weigh in Monday, just didn't open my laptop once this week to post here.)
    SW/HW: 78.83 kg / 173.8 lbs
    PW: 60.1(3) kg / 132.5 lbs
    CW: 60.1(2) kg / 132.5 lbs

Tiniest of losses :D But rounded off no change...

I know I'm too late and it won't count anymore, but just to be complete - steps last week:

Sunday - 13803
    Monday - 9946
    Tuesday - 13507
    Wednesday - 13892
    Thursday - 15724
    Friday - 9539
    Saturday - 14737

Total steps - 91148
    Daily step goal - 9000
  • abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    abp1025
    Friday Weigh in

PW: 192 lbs.
    CW: 192 lbs.
  • cedarfoxy
    cedarfoxy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    cedarfoxy / Emery
    Weigh-in-Saturday
    Previous weight: 185.3
    Current weight: 185.6

Food:
    I have been feeding my sugar cravings and that is leading to more sugar cravings. I know that when I eat lots of sugar and processed food my body doesn't feel great, but I didn't make time this week to do any meal prep and that means that I have just been going from one random food to the next. And not tracking...

Exercise:
    I had a lovely backpacking trip Sunday to Monday, but otherwise didn't do any exercise except getting my steps. I'm not a hot weather person, that's for sure.

Mindset:
    I don't know why I'm surprised, but I am quite tired. I am transitioning out of my bookkeeping job and transitioning into my faculty position. I'm also working on entering the doctoral program. As I am moving away from the bookkeeping position, I have a ton of work to do in order to document my position and hand off tasks which is going to involve documenting the status and next steps of each task that I have in progress. It feels quite overwhelming, especially in the context of everything else that I'm trying to do.

Medical:
    I know that feeding my brain tumor / cancer sugar isn't great, and I know that I'm not doing myself any favors, but it's hard to address the long-term issues when faced with the short-term delicious and easy. I'm not even sure what I would do to change my diet in order to support my brain health. Every time I look for that kind of diet, I end up overwhelmed with the differing information. I know that sugar and processed foods aren't great, but I am struggling to decide what I actually do want to eat.
  • JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    JessicaVRosati

Weigh Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 150
    Current Weight: 150.6

Starting Weight: 159
    Goal Weight: under 140

Steps 08/13-8/19: 670555
    Sun 8331
    Mon 8509
    Tue 7953
    Wed 10952
    Thu 7932
    Fri 13649
    Sat 9729
  • BodyTalking
    edited August 2023
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Weigh-in-Saturday (sorry I'm late)
    Starting weight: 81.7 kg/180.12 lb
    Previous weight: 80.4 kg/177.25 lb
    Current weight: 80.3 kg/177.03 lb

I suppose it's better than last week 🫤 The temperature has been high again, 32°c/90°f, or stormy (I got completely soaked to the skin) and I just couldn't find the strength to push for goals.

I'm going to Poland for a holiday this Wednesday and will miss the next two Saturdays (unless our accommodation places have scales). Hopefully, I'll get some good stepping days though 👣

Steps 13Aug: 59835
    S 12052
    M 6567
    T 11200
    W 6298
    T 13024
    F 3079
    S 7615
  • BodyTalking
    edited August 2023
    Options
    9i1c9nqx94ox.jpg

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    GarysGirl78

Weigh-in day: Monday (Late late late post, again 😔, so sorry. I did weigh in Monday, just didn't open my laptop once this week to post here.)
    PW: 60.1(3) kg / 132.5 lbs
    CW: 60.1(2) kg / 132.5 lbs

Tiniest of losses :D But rounded off no change...

I know I'm too late and it won't count anymore, but just to be complete - steps last week:

Sunday - 13803
    Monday - 9946
    Tuesday - 13507
    Wednesday - 13892
    Thursday - 15724
    Friday - 9539
    Saturday - 14737

Total steps - 91148
    Daily step goal - 9000

Just for clarification...this is for Aug 6-12? I'll add it to the monthly totals but won't recalculate last week.
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    I have been really sluggish on getting things posted...I spend so much time working on machines, actually doing brain required stuff off work is a big -1 on my to do list.

Melaniedscott
    PW: 230
    CW: 230

Sun: 2924
    Mon: 3787
    Tues: 2344
    Wed: 3524
    Thur: 3810
    Fri: 1675
    Sat:1000

Late post. Sorry.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,277 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

5wraboexm6bg.png
    0p3cieibehwt.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    4fy3gr9esndr.png

By Pounds
    s3x3x1s5560i.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    iw0spnc3zqfw.png
    8trjul35abjr.png

By Pounds
    ox5xspiu4ggg.png

Team Winners
    1a6vv7pzx9if.png
  • 2BFitgranny
    2BFitgranny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Username: 2bfitgranny
    Weigh-In Day: Monday (August 21)
    PW: 210.7
    CW: 209.5
  • GarysGirl78
    Options
    Just for clarification...this is for Aug 6-12? I'll add it to the monthly totals but won't recalculate last week.

Correct :) And I don't blame you, my own fault for not posting on time.

Could I be moved to the support group for a couple months though after this month, please?

I tried to do it all, but with work being extremely busy, my running schedule for my 1/4 marathon in October, my dog and daily household chores/cooking (healthy! it really takes a lot more time to shop, prep and cook)/shopping/etc. I just can't seem to get myself to open my laptop in time anymore.

I'll still check in and will try to post weight and steps as often as I can, but with me being so close to maintenance and everything listed up there I could use a little time 'off' so to speak o:) Would that be possible? Or should I just opt out completely?

• GarysGirl78
    Options
    That being said...

My - on time - stats for the week B)

GarysGirl78

Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 60.12 kg / 132.5 lbs
    CW: 60.01 kg / 132.3 lbs

Steps last week:

Sunday - 10948
    Monday - 11404
    Tuesday - 15538
    Wednesday - 10679
    Thursday - 13800
    Friday - 11653
    Saturday - 13985

Total steps - 88007
    Daily step goal - 9000
  • EDTake2
    EDTake2 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Weigh In Day: Mondays
    PW (Previous Weight): 187.0lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 185.6 lbs.

trying to get to goal (august goal under 180lbs), but it does not look like I will make it. COVID did take two weeks for my body to fully recover (I still have COVID brains though). Progress is progress, and as long as I am better today than I was yesterday, I'm happy.
  • melaniedscott
    Options

Could I be moved to the support group for a couple months though after this month, please?

I tried to do it all, but with work being extremely busy, my running schedule for my 1/4 marathon in October, my dog and daily household chores/cooking (healthy! it really takes a lot more time to shop, prep and cook)/shopping/etc. I just can't seem to get myself to open my laptop in time anymore.

I'll still check in and will try to post weight and steps as often as I can, but with me being so close to maintenance and everything listed up there I could use a little time 'off' so to speak o:) Would that be possible? Or should I just opt out completely?

You are stressing yourself out! That's a big load. I totally understand the not wanting to open a computer (most of my mfp is done on my phone). We can put you on support for Sept if you need it and go month to month. Just let us know when you want back on regular team.
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    laurabb99
    Monday
    PW - 209.1
    CW - 208.3
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options

@GarysGirl78 -

Oh goodness, you've got a lot going on; it makes sense that you're burning out.

I am moving you to Support, with plans to bring you back to the standard team in October. You can check in as often as you'd like and compete in the steps challenge, you will just no longer be contributing to the team's overall weight values and percentages.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited August 2023
    Options
    So I pulled a muscle in my back over the weekend, and have not been the smartest about recovery. I went to my personal training session on Monday, and my workout yesterday morning, and even my planned workout for today.
    • On Sunday, standing up straight was impossible and movement hurt.
    • On Monday, standing up straight was dependent on either a heating pad or an ice pack, depending on where I was in cycling between the two. Walking was slower and awkward, but possible.
    • On Tuesday, I could feel the tightness in my lower back and had to maintain perfect posture or else it would hurt, but I could manage walking and stairs without pain.
    • And Today, the tightness is still there, but I've got a decent amount of mobility back. I focused on cardio this morning, which may have helped me loosen up, but the day is young, so we will see.

The issue now is that I am paranoid about making it worse. One wrong move and I am back to where I was on Sunday. My weight has also been showing the water retention from my body trying to aggressively restore my muscle, and that's been playing with my head as well. As much as I recognize where it's coming from, and I appreciate what my body is doing, it's hard to shake the number on the scale.

This isn't really a matter of asking for advice, and more a matter of venting to the group about mistakes I could have avoided, and a mindset I am still trying to break out of. I'll be nicer to my body over the next coming days, I swear, but my mental health would not have done well had I gone into full recovery mode.
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    August 20th

Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: August 13th - 206.2
    Current Weight: August 20th - 206.4

Steps
    Sunday - 6673
    Monday - 6300
    Tuesday - 7469
    Wednesday - 6754