Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,252 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , SO GLAD Joe's son can not move in with you both!!! I'm so sorry about Joe's first wife dying so young. But, that was many years ago, and though Joe carries guilt, his S is not "owed" anything after the age of 18 (or graduation). Once we are adults if we are not happy, therapy is available and it sounds like both Joe and his S would benefit should either be willing to go. EASY to say it, HARD to do it!! Sadly many men were raised to "MAN UP" type of attitude which was a horrible way for others to even think!! There are men only groups for depression etc. It's not an easy time to be living in that's for sure.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,479 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone, I hope you had a good last day of week 6 and are ready for weigh-in tomorrow - I expect mine to be high due ot lack of activity due to knee injury and meds but I will accept it and move on. Tomorrow should also be cooler, today was awesome with a cold breeze blowing hard - loved it. Got 2 10 minute walks in!
    @Tabatha_Cain it's so hard for a 6 yr old to understand the loss of a parent, adults can't handle it how can a kid, but now there are resources available and hopefully Joe's son will get with adulting and get the help he needs and learn to clean up after himself. I lost my sister when I was 7 - no help then, just keep breathing and go to school. It was hard - they had no idea, I never said. Today it's not an issue and I deal with things better. I do hope you have a good weekend!
    h0nlmlwmdlkt.gif
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday. We are doing wedding prep today. I am super excited to see our daughter walk down the aisle. She is a good kid. She does sometimes have her priorities a little messed up but that is ok. Sometimes we all do. I have found a dress for the wedding and I think it looks nice.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I have talked to Joe's son about therapy and all that. He just gets angry about it. Joe did grief counseling through his church. That is actually how he met one of his best friends. So I am sure Joe is ok now, his son just did not get the help he needed and now refuses to try.
    @LindieMaeP - That is great that you got in 2 walks. I need to get some walks in. It is very hard for young children to understand. Joe and I have both talked to his son about getting in to talk to someone. He insists he is not depressed, but I am not so sure about that one.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,122 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,331 Member
    Options
    It’s 71 feels like 71 with a high of 100 but gonna feel like it’s in the mid 100’s today. Insight Timer Quote: The soul is here for its joy.—Rumi I AM: I work to improve my talents and skills. Action for Happiness: Be thankful for your food and the people who make it possible. Happy World Humanitarian Day. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,402 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 172/305 mile a day before breakfast, 12 Week Foundations Training-Advanced W1/D6: Shoulders/Cardio after breakfast and 45 min walk after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    good morning, everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i will be going for a walk in a while. i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. there is a free hot lunch meal in the rec room in my building today. i will go there in a while and see what the hot lunch meal will be for today. it gives me a chance of scenery and a chance to meet others who also live in my building. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,670 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Happy Saturday, it is another wonderful hot 🔥 day. Only 105.

6p5qpkpcq3ub.png
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,375 Member
    Options
    Hello airport friends/travelers Just wanted to check in . Nothing much is going on anymore. Our youngest son moved into their former house having sold their house near us & will be looking to buy a bigger house with 1-2 acres in the winter. Haven't found the right one in the past year. We kept their Golden doodle dog at our house for almost 2 weeks. She was fine except for walking. She pulls so much! I tried all the usual things that always worked( except putting a haltti on her ) but nothing worked so I took her with our dogs to the dog park. It feels kinda empty without her here even with our own 5.
    Tomorrow is supposed to cool off a bit after a long run of triple digits. I can hardly wait! I had the skin cancer surgery last Tuesday & it went well. I have a long wound from the outer tip of my eye down to my chin on the side but it's healing & will get the stitches out next Wednesday.
    I lost 2 lbs since this challenge started. I'm in maintenance but wanted to lose 5 lbs but haven't been willing to give up much to obtain it because then if I went back to it, I would just gain the 5lbs back plus I've just been hungrier lately which is unusual for me in the heat but I do go through cycles. Are any of you hungrier for a season at times?
    I took the dogs for an hour walk this morning then did some grocery shopping & think I will stay home, do some weights & some cleaning. Have a good weekend everyone
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 74 feels like 73 with a high of 104 but gonna feel like upper 100’s today. Insight Timer Quote: Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.—Benjamin Spock I AM: I have the courage to make positive changes. Action for Happiness: Look for the good in everyone you meet today. Happy National Radio Day!!! Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,901 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 173/305 mile a day before breakfast and 45 min walk this afternoon.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a beautiful, sunny and warm day day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Good afternoon, happy Sunday and new week. Another warm one, 106. Wishing you all a great rest of the day.

Daily Affirmation: Smile
    Inner Smile Exercise:
    1. Close your eyes.
    2. Breath slowly, deeply, and consciously.
    3. Set the corners of your mouth in just the slightest smile.
    4. Visualize your smile growing larger and larger, and your happiness increasing.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 75 feels like 73 with a high of 97 but gonna feel like upper 100’s today. Insight Timer Quote: Happiness is the absence of the striving for happiness.—Zhuangzi I AM: I allow my life to experiences to bring me ever closer to my highest self. Action for Happiness: Donate unused items, clothes or food to help a local charity. Happy World Senior Citizen’s Day. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,238 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 174/305 mile a day before breakfast, 12 Week Foundations of Training W2/D1: Strength/Conditioning after breakfast and 45 min walk after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good morning, everyone! it is a mostly cloudy day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoy it. i will be going for a walk in a while. i will be doing some dancing later on. early this afternoon, i will be going to a cooking class called cooking healthy on a budget part 2, in my building. i enjoy going to these kinds of classes and other activities in and around my area. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, another hot one, 101 right now. Wishing you all a great day.

Today's daily inspiration:

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean.
    - John Muir
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Hope your day went well.
    vvg9b16019ld.png
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is going to be a hard day. Yesterday Joe and I had the day off together and we deep cleaned the kitchen. I still have some more to do in the kitchen and then when I am done there I am also going to clean the living room. I hope I can stay on task with Joe gone. I want to get it all done for him. I need to. It sucks having to do this alone. We made a plan and we both took these 2 days off, but Joe's boss ended up going to the ER and she messaged him asking if he could come back and work otherwise they would be short staffed. So he decided to give up his day off to go help. He is a good guy like that.

@Kurtize - Thursday we will be right with you in the triple digits. It is apparently so bad they are releasing kids early from schools here because they don't think their ac systems will be able to keep up with the heat.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 77 feels like 79 with a high of 97 but going to feel like upper 100’s today. Insight Timer Quote: What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation.—Glenn Close I AM: I have the capacity to succeed. Action for Happiness: Give people the gift of your full attention. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 18,878 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 175/305 mile a day before breakfast, 12 Week Foundations of training-Advanced W2/D2: Chest/Arms/Cardio after breakfast and 45 min walk after dinner.