Shape Shifters Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    @angmarie28 PLEASE REPORT IN ALL OF YOUR STEPS FOR WEEK 3 NOW THAT WE'RE IN WEEK 4. THANK YOU! I'VE LEFT SEVERAL NOTES WITH NO RESPONSE.
    Jessica
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Catching up on all the posts. So nice to hear how everyone is doing.

I’m on “leave of absence” for this month and next due to travel, but I’ve been weighing every day I can and I’ve stayed with about a 3 pound range since I reached my goal 6 weeks ago. Feeling good about that but also nervous. I really don’t want to regain my lost weight. I’ve started buying new clothes that I want to fit.

I have an exciting breakthrough on the exercise front. A NSV I suppose. I ran a half marathon on Saturday in 2:03. That’s a 9:27 minute mile. It’s not the fastest I’ve ever run- but the fastest in 20 years. I know it’s the weight loss. It was also a trail run with lots of hills so more difficult than a flat, paved course. And at altitude- over 7000 feet in elevation.

I was third in my age group and I’m super proud of myself!

bravo!!! a half on trails, well done!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,602 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @Cyncia85 Thank you! I haven't heard of search and find puzzles. Are they also jigsaws? The only 'special' ones I know are Ravensburgers escape puzzles.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In
    PW: 160.4
    CW: 161.4

Apparently stress is contributing factor to the gain even though I get my meditation in every morning
    Please excuse me from next week- I'll be on vacation in Vegas
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    8/22 6,202
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Steps Wednesday 5109.
    I'll be so glad when this heat wave goes away on Friday night. Good gravy.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl -- Wow, those cranes! Those are very cool, you always have such interesting photos.

I've been meditating outdoors each morning but I had elk outside this morning so had to stay in. I took a few photos/short video out the window. https://imgur.com/gallery/yksgMZq

Is fall coming in where you live or is it still very much summer?
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo definitely stress adds to weight. I shared an article a while, back about how cortisol cause of the weight gain. It was so small, you’re doing great! Reassess next week.

@Armygirlarmyof1 I’m with you, stop this horrible heat wave!!

@jessicakrall8 hopefully things at work have calmed down. Less fires is only good 😉

@izzyred9400 thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it. Loved the downtown picture and the double bus. Awesome!

@Pupowl Way to go and be brave! Stepping back on that scale, can be so scary and mentally defeating. I also really like your idea of making sure your heart rate is in the zone rather than just steps. Two weeks ago, I started jogging, and I felt immensely different and better when I was really huffing it and sweating. Thanks for the reminder! I need to get back to that. I also do not want to step on the scale as the last week has been not good for me. I need to be mindful and accountable for my meeting like @pedal__power suggested.
    @pedal__power you are so close to breaking that weight barrier, maybe just another week or two, can’t wait to watch you do it!
  • Sbus12
    edited August 2023
    Options
    1uoo9vejapn8.jpeg
    @frankwbrown your new challenge sounds awesome, good luck with that and great job already ranking so high!

@JenHul way to go on your weight loss!!

@ltadakimasu7 love the NSV! It’s always sweeter one of the people notice isn’t it. Good job though!

@SavageMrsMoose show us how it’s done! Keep up these maintaining! Whoo hoo!!

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    @angmarie28 PLEASE REPORT IN ALL OF YOUR STEPS FOR WEEK 3 NOW THAT WE'RE IN WEEK 4. THANK YOU! I'VE LEFT SEVERAL NOTES WITH NO RESPONSE.
    Jessica

@angmarie28 Awaiting your step report for all of Week 3 and half of this week please. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • Sbus12
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 those are beautiful elk!
    Yes—it’s very much summer still in Illinois!

• dancingonstarz
    dancingonstarz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 @Pupowl Would it be possible to change my weigh-in day from Fridays to Sundays?

I'm trying to get all my apps to line up and use Monday as the first day of the week so I can match up my weekly averages for intake, exercise, and weight loss without having to do any mental math. Weighing in on the last day of the week will make that much simpler for me.

Thanks!
  • Pupowl
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @dancingonstarz
    No problem, I will ask for you to be moved. Sunday is the first day of the week for the spreadsheet though. So If you don't weigh in before Sunday, you will have missed a weigh in for this week. If you want I can excuse you for this week, or you can weigh in an extra time. Up to you!
  • Pupowl
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 The big birds on the roof are storks actually! But close enough. :smiley: Seeing big animals in your garden like that is so wild to me. Here deer pretty much run away as soon as they see you. Really cool they just come munch in your garden, with babies even. We had a pretty long period with dry and warm weather (around 78) but today it should finally get a bit better with temps around 60 for a while. I am very much looking forward to it.
    @Sbus12 Thank you! I personally really hate sweating. Working out just to work out is so not my thing. At least with walks I can enjoy nature and get distracted with taking pictures, so it doesn't feel like working out. Good luck with picking up jogging again!
  • Sbus12
    Options
    08vnyxarl9v1.jpeg

Help! I’ve fallen off the wagon with my steps and eating. I need to get back on the wagon! The camp out last week derailed me, and I have struggled since. I went out for dinner last night with coworkers and chose unhealthy versus healthy and added some wine. I know today is a fresh day and I have the ability to make good choices, and each choice brings me closer to my goal. I have to stay positive.

Feel free to do accountability checks with me. I’m open to doing those for others as well—checking in to see how steps are going, exercise is going, recording meals, staying in tune with daily calories. Whatever works!

Steps
    8/22 7,310
    8/23 2,353
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @Sbus12
    Funny picture! I have felt like that a lot. I think the most important thing is to try to make the time your are off the wagon as short as possible. It is so easy to spiral one bad day into another, and another, and then it's a week and then two... Usually 1 'perfect' day helps to reset my mindset, so maybe try for that. I post my steps and calories on my wall every day on my profile which also helps.
This discussion has been closed.