Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    8/12 5,001
    8/13 5,598
    8/14 4,459
    Got over 2 in of rain between Sunday and yesterday so no walking outside- I was exhausted so took a nap during lunch yesterday- tonight, I work after working my FT job
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi @Itadakimasu7
    I'm catching up on past posts. Last week you posted about your blueberry picking! That's so cool! I love that journey for you! I'm inspired to know what I like that with a reason distance from me. I'm close to the city - Chicago.
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Hi @dancingonstarz
    I'm catching up on past posts. Thanks for sharing the pics from your walk last week. Beautiful view! :smile:
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Hi All
    I'm catching up on past posts.

@pupowl - I hope you are feeling better.

@jessicakrall8 - I love that you used to have a piano studio. An Aunt of mine used to play. It is a goal of mine to learn how to play. I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation.

@Itadakimasu7 amazing dragonflies!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Steps
    8/11 11,541
    8/12 13,215
    8/13 12,462
    8/14 15,820
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 and @Cyncia85 ouch!! I hope you are both recovering quickly!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,777 Member
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7
    I think it is a great idea to go for a career switch! And you have been a teacher before, so I am sure you already have a useful skillset. I think it is never too late to start over. Also, I would rather be taught by someone 'normal' than a crazy shredded person. That's very intimidating and imo not even a realistic look for a lot of people. It's also not my experience that is how teachers look from the gyms I have been to, so I wouldn't worry about that. Someone else in our group made a similar career switch not too long ago as well, maybe you can have a chat with her! I believe it was @nancyinmo :smile:
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In
    PW: 160.0
    CW: 160.4
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Steps
    8/15 10,195
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    How crazy is it that I'm thinking I really would love to be a Yoga instructor and fitness teacher? I used to teach and I love it, I love motivating people and hyping them and getting goals set. My main skill set is in art / design and technology. I have the degrees, the certifications, the resume - but gosh it's boring. I have been sick and unemployed for a good bit, was thinking about uh' starting over in fitness. Is that insane? I spent so long building a career - can I start over at 50? My husband does pretty good, but I can't get him to either eat better or work out so I'm not sure how effective I am at my fitness inspiration on others... anyway, thought I would float it here and see what kind of feed back I get. :D:+1: I would have a long way to go, I always think of fitness teachers as shredded and I never will be... but I look forward to fitness, and when I think about laying out designs, building my web site back up, talking to clients and putting together proposals - oh man, it's so dull.

I think it's doable gf. Go for it
This discussion has been closed.