Insulin pens left overs

Options
I've another pancreatitis attack at the beginning of the month. So, the regular routine, fluids the a week.. Then what they call 'full fluids' which is things like oatmeal, soups with a bit of texture(no fat). Then slowly introduce more solid, bland food. Once you can tolerate solid food again, start introducing some spices, but nothing too spicey. So this lasted 3 weeks in all and now I can eat whatever I want within reason.
After all that, I don't even crave junk food anymore. I make sugar free jello for when I want something sweet. I drink a lot of water, with a little flavouring.
In other words, I'm back to basics and eating a healthy diet again. I've lost 7 pounds since this began again.
But, the big thing that I noticed was for the first time in a long time, when I have to change my pens on Friday, there will still be insulin in them. Apridra is every 28 days, and Toujeo is every 42 days. It's been a long time since I've had leftovers when I change
them.

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an effective reset of the diet you weren't asking for. Less insulin is a bonus!
  • JudyValentine3
    JudyValentine3 Posts: 42 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    Sounds like an effective reset of the diet you weren't asking for. Less insulin is a bonus!

Definitely a good result for a bad beginning. As of today, I am down 10 lbs and I average 6-7 units of fast acting insulin per day. And I had my blood tests this morning, and if my Freestyle Libre is to be believed, my A1C should be down. We'll see!
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »

Definitely a good result for a bad beginning. As of today, I am down 10 lbs and I average 6-7 units of fast acting insulin per day. And I had my blood tests this morning, and if my Freestyle Libre is to be believed, my A1C should be down. We'll see!

I am hoping it is down for you.
  • JudyValentine3
    JudyValentine3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A1C was down from 7% to 6.9%. Not a lot, but it's something.
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    A1C was down from 7% to 6.9%. Not a lot, but it's something.

Hey - down is down...