Shape Shifters Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• dancingonstarz
    dancingonstarz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl Thank you 🙂. I will weigh on Friday for this week, and I'll weigh again on Sunday for next week, that's no problem.
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose - that's amazing about your half marathon! You inspire me!

@pupowl - I will post a picture of the puzzle boxes when I'm back home this evening. I'm working from the office right now. Using my lunch hour to catch up on our team chat. :smile:
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Steps goal 8000:
    8/20 1679 (worked on the computer all day :s )
    8/21 6159 better
    8/22 8583 score!
    8/23 5119 I can do better!
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thursday steps are 5170. I'm bushed but in Cape with my love. I've been up since 530 am central time. Have a great day yall
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    @angmarie28 Please report your steps for Aug 13th to present.
    Jessica
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 8/22: 13,090
    Wed 8/23: 10,240
    Thu 8/24: 10,113
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Wednesday was a slow and lazy day. I needed a break from the walks, so I didn't do much except for the dishes out of boredom. Yesterday I went for a walk again in the forest. I did not have a good time. There were spider webs in my face the whole time, I tripped and almost fell thanks to a tree root, then I rolled my ankle and later I rammed the top of my foot into the pointy end of a branch. It is bruised and swollen now, but it doesn't hurt. I was feeling a bit sorry for myself at some point lol, but I got over it. :smiley: I did bring my camera, but there was nothing to see. I ran a few errands after my walk and relaxed the rest of the day.
    I blame all the crappy things during my walk on the sandals (well, not the cobwebs). On my barefoot shoes I never have issues with my ankles or tripping. So I am going back to my barefoots afterall! There is a 4km walk I know well that is on pretty soft surfaces almost the entire time and it should be doable with the thin soles of the barefoots. The shorter forest walks are all a mess of small ups and downs with tree roots hiding everywhere so it just doesn't walk very smoothly. I also ordered a second pair of barefoots yesterday. That pair has a thicker sole than my current ones and it is also more suitable for wetter and colder weather so I am looking forward to trying them out. Happy Friday everyone <3
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps
    8/23 7,865
    8/24 2,320 - all day meeting hot temps then severe storms so no walk after meeting & I was exhausted 😞
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @pupowl, I'm sorry your walk was so rough yesterday 😔 but glad to hear that it's not painful though. Thoughts and prayers that you won't have any pain at all and you're able to get back at it quickly
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    @pupowl - what an experience in the forest, sounds frustrating especially when we go out there for the opposite.

You may have previously shared this, what barefoot shoes do you use?

I've done the Vibram toe shoes. And now, I've got the Merrell with the Vibram bottoms. We might have different options due to where we live.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-179
    Current weight-180.2
This discussion has been closed.