Looking for friends

Options
Hi Everyone,

I have posted on here introducing myself, but every time I try to add a person who comments, or peaks my interest I don't have the option to do so!

I use my iPad, iPhone & Mac, but the Add Friend button is never available ... I am wanting to gain friends, so if anyone wants to add me please do so.

I will introduce myself again, in the hope that people might add me, as I can't add them:
I'm in the UK - Born in Bristol but spent the last 30+ years in Derbyshire.
I'm 49 years young - I'm immature & refuse to grow up.
I'm recently widowed (January 2023) - after a short illness, which isn't what he died of.
I became a Grandma (Grammy) in July 2023 - to Amelia-Grace.
I'm waiting to start a training course to obtain my SIA Licence - in September 2023.
I love cycling - I have a trike as I can't be trusted with only 2 wheels.
I'm ADS Autism & ADHD - diagnosed aged 42 & made my childhood make more sense.
I love anything aviation-related - I will talk about planes at any given opportunity.
I'm a bookworm - I predominantly read ebooks & aviation stories.
I'm a crazy cat lady - since the loss of my husband, my cats are my babies.
I don't own a TV but watch AppleTV & YouTube.
I'm an Apple nut - my late hubby would be devasted if he only knew.

To be honest, that's probably about it, so if anyone would like to add me, please feel free, as I can't add you guys & gals.

Love from Grammy Maher aka T

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Grammy Maher! Not sure where you are on your weight loss journey - but I hope (believe) you will find support in this group. I am not "adding" you as a friend - because I don't really do much with MFP socially other than this group. But you will always be engaged here...sometimes within minutes - sometimes it takes longer depending on what people are up to. Hope you stick around!
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    This group is great. There are a lot of long time people that have formed great supportive relationships. I was here a few years ago under a different name and I found that having some people to talk to helped. Not everyone is still here but there are a lot of the same people. I have been back at it for the last 5 weeks and jumped right back in and never felt unwelcomed.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Like Laurie, I don’t do the friend thing outside this site. Most people here know way too much about me as it is. As for the granny thing - you’re a child! I’ll be 76 on Sunday.
    You have time to have many happy productive years ahead. Better to spend those years at a happy weight. Stick with us kiddo 👶.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,930 Member
    Options
    Ha Ms Scout... you're multinamed now are ya? :smiley:

Welcome Fruit Oriented Cat Lady! I hear that Oranges make good phones! :lol: The "introduce yourself" and "getting started" categories in the main forums is where most people who are adding friends can be found!

For better or worse I'm one of the ones like Laurie who mostly posts instead of looking through his news feed!
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Yeah. My first account was made with a work email address that I no longer have access to so I couldn't log in when I came back. Kinda sucked cause I would have liked to see where I started from last time and how long it took for me to get what I wanted.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Yes but you’re here now Scout. No point rehashing the past. Onward and forward! ❣️
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Exactly! 😎😘
  • 4M_7M_M4H3R_4EVA
    4M_7M_M4H3R_4EVA Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone,

I have now figured out how to add people, so I've sent some friend requests out - if you want to accept that's great, if not that's fine, this site can become a bit of a distraction ... but right now that is part of what I'm looking for 😂🥺❤️
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Thank you, everyone,

I have now figured out how to add people, so I've sent some friend requests out - if you want to accept that's great, if not that's fine, this site can become a bit of a distraction ... but right now that is part of what I'm looking for 😂🥺❤️

I hope you’re not offended or feel unwelcome but I’m just not a friends person outside of posting here. At my grand old age it’s about all I can handle. Do stay with us - it’s a small but supportive group.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    +1😎
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    This group feels better than "Friends" - you're all like good family :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    group hug! group hug! :wink:
    :blush:
  • 4M_7M_M4H3R_4EVA
    Options
    @Yoolypr

Absolutely not, I get it - I used to be on here for about 18 months before I looked for friends, sometimes that's the best way, we're all different ❤️
  • PAV8888
    Options
    So ... are you attacking the bunnies yet? (chuckles mysteriously)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I’m still having a hard time with the GRAMMY thing. You are indeed a well loved Grammy. And logically age-wise that is perfectly plausible.

BUT you’re only about two years older than my son! (My son is unmarried with no children I know of). How can someone your age be a Grammy?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    @Yoolypr I am chuckling because she is 49!

I got to MFP a month shy of my 49th birthday.... in 2014 :lol:
  • 4M_7M_M4H3R_4EVA
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @PAV8888 & @Yoolypr 🤣😂🤣

I was struggling to come up with an original name, & now I have it, I'm not sure I want to keep it. I'm thinking of changing my username ... I'm going to have to give it some thought. because I am more like my daughter's older sister in regard to our relationship & I'm probably not mature enough to be a Grammy - I'm a teenager with 20+ years experience 😆

Watch this space ... 🤔
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well do let us know when you change the name. Don’t want to lose you!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Apparently I qualify for 15.... MAYBE!🫣🤷‍♂️
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    ??? 🤔