Replies

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    7v6slsr53app.jpg
    hjiz29dnhbi0.jpg
    Gdansk, Poland

The first flat we're staying in doesn't have scales, so I can't weigh-in this Saturday 😊 It was just a short flight, 1 hour - should have been 1h25, how'd they manage it? - but there was a wait for the gate to open and on the bus taking us to the plane, all the time standing, so my knees got a bit stiff and, with the added walking on cobblestones most of the day, my feet were achy too. A bonus though, was that booking.com gave us a free taxi to our accommodation, yay!! Hopefully, today will be fine as we're going to see what the beach is like...get my toes wriggling in some sand 🀞

Have a good day πŸŒŠπŸ’™πŸ’¦
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,310 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    So I pulled a muscle in my back over the weekend, and have not been the smartest about recovery. I went to my personal training session on Monday, and my workout yesterday morning, and even my planned workout for today. ...

This isn't really a matter of asking for advice, and more a matter of venting to the group about mistakes I could have avoided, and a mindset I am still trying to break out of. I'll be nicer to my body over the next coming days, I swear, but my mental health would not have done well had I gone into full recovery mode.

One word: yoga.

A couple years ago I did something (bending over to pick up a book) and oh boy, it hurt to stand, breathe, sit, exist. The first thing I did, after a lot of ow, ow, ow, was cat-cow and up dog/ down dog. It didn't stop hurting but it improved some. Then I went to CPR training. Did not go well.

I really hope your pulled muscle feels better fast.

Also, it is Thurs morning and I'm missing two steps posts. Working a 10 hour day today, having lunch with a friend, might not get back here until tomorrow...you know who you are. Well, I hope you do....
    The first flat we're staying in doesn't have scales, so I can't weigh-in this Saturday 😊 It was just a short flight, 1 hour - should have been 1h25, how'd they manage it? - but there was a wait for the gate to open and on the bus taking us to the plane, all the time standing, so my knees got a bit stiff and, with the added walking on cobblestones most of the day, my feet were achy too. A bonus though, was that booking.com gave us a free taxi to our accommodation, yay!! Hopefully, today will be fine as we're going to see what the beach is like...get my toes wriggling in some sand 🀞

Have a good day πŸŒŠπŸ’™πŸ’¦

I'm kinda jealous. What beautiful pictures. And sounds fun, too.
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am late!

Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 189.2 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 189.6 lbs

I am pretty pleased I came back from vacation with mostly water weight gain. I was able to get it down to around where I was with a few days of drinking lots of water. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 193.2
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    erppjchmt7y4.jpg
    PlaΕΌa Sobieszewska

Yesterday, my steps were got by walking through a forest to get to this beach. Beautiful fine sand but, my goodness, it was a workout on the legs and feet. Taking it easy today!
  • Marcy2890
    Marcy2890 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Username: marcy2890
    Weigh-In Day: Friday
    PW: 147.8lbs
    CW: 146.4 lbs
  • alexhomeandcoffee
    alexhomeandcoffee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Alexhomeandcoffee
    Cw: 205.6
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    ~Step Challenge Results ~
    AUGUST WEEK THREE
    Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 5
    Total Steps: 279,198 (-26.8% from last week --added in stragglers)
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 55,840

The Leaderboard -
    @GarysGirl78 - 88,007 | - 12,527 average - Most Steps in One Day!!!
    @JessicaVRosati - 67,055 total | 9,579 average
    @BodyTalking - 59,835 total | 8,548 average
    @9Harvey - 45,237 total | 6,462 average - Most Consistent!!!
    @melaniedscott - 19,065 total | 2,723 average

All of our bolded steppers set a goal and met it, based on their average steps per day!

We lost two walkers last week and one came back...and our steps dropped a bit. That said, we still did pretty well. It was really hot where I am in the mid to high 100's! Stay cool and keep walking!

• uclaxtina
    uclaxtina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 187.8
    CW: 186.8
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 210.8
    Cw- 209.2
  • JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    JessicaVRosati

Weigh Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 150.6
    Current Weight: 150.2

Starting Weight: 159
    Goal Weight: under 140

Steps 08/20-8/26 63158
    Sun 5047
    Mon 9949
    Tue 8713
    Wed 7944
    Thu 8006
    Fri 13084
    Sat 10415
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Rachelrjh

PW: 152
    CW: 150 lbs.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    The August Week 5 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Aug 27th. I hope you will join us for Non-Scale Victories and celebrating our successes! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10898088/august-week-5-group-challenge-non-scale-victories/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Steps 20-26Aug: 76,714
    S 6275
    M 8391
    T 7915
    W 11183
    T 16462
    F 11853
    S 14635
  • cedarfoxy
    cedarfoxy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    cedarfoxy / Emery
    Weigh-in-Saturday
    Previous weight: 185.6
    Current weight: 185.2

Food:
    I did a really simplified meal planning session and I'm excited to see how it plays out this week. I also have plans to do meal prep tomorrow bright and early - before I get distracted or run out of energy. Followed by a lovely brunch! I'm still not tracking my food intake, but with ready to eat delicious food, it's been easier to make choices aligned with my goals.

Exercise:
    Not doing much in the way of exercise recently. It's been hot and I've been really busy - and not prioritizing movement. I've consistently been getting 5000+ steps and I think come September I'll be ready to move up to 6000!

Mindset:
    Doctoral application and working on curriculum have taken over my life. I'm feeling pulled in a lot of directions and I'm really struggling with my ADHD this week.

Medical:
    My doctor is leaving her practice in a few days and I'm worried about how my new practitioner will be. I have a lot of weird health stuff and I'm worried they won't be able to handle all of my needs.
  • Emm_165
    Emm_165 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Username: emm_165
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 256.9 lbs
    CW: 256.4 lbs
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I've missed a week, been super busy and stress eating - which I'm annoyed at myself for, as have been so much better with that lately :(

CW 217.4
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    Melaniedscott
    Sat weigh in
    PW:235
    CW:235

Sun 1000
    Mon 3067
    Tues 3824
    Wed 3293
    Thur 3740
    Fri 1000
    Sat 1500

Some of these are approximations, what with my running around the house yesterday cleaning and cooking. Had a game night with friends.Lots of fun.

We can see crazy heat and working overtime is not good for my steps.

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

ub2mcjeuom39.png
    u0odlqvwki2k.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    1rk8k2xyhde9.png

By Pounds
    gqrfotd46z10.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    p3vho2j3cywu.png
    nj2n76c7crkn.png

By Pounds
    kmwcul9vllvo.png

Team Winners
    ky6q5l6i6qsq.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    It's that time again! Registration is now open for September. If you are already here, you do not need to do anything :smiley:

Please share this link with anyone who might be interested in joining - or suggest it on any forum or discussion where you encounter people who are looking for some team support. Thanks!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10898152/registration-for-new-members-september-2023#latest
This discussion has been closed.