Options
steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 3,000 Member
Yo. How'd you do?

Replies

• steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I'm up 1.6 pounds this week. I'm sure "it's the salt!" Ha ha. Actually, I've been doing reasonably well in terms of sticking to my plan, and I really do think it's the salt from a very salty meal last night. My weight had been slowly declining over the week, so a higher weight this morning was a surprise.

182/144.8/146
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,095 Member
    Options
    Down 0.8#. Riding a bucking horse. Need to be more careful and mindful every day especially the snacking.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    The “family vacation” a week ago had me up 10.2# from the prior week and in the Red Zone. I acted based on my plan, and limited myself to my daily points until the following studio weigh-in this Thursday. At that point I was deeply in the Green Zone with a loss of 8.4#. In fact, I’m down about two and a half pounds from three weeks ago.

So . . . I changed my daily points. (This is where those of you who don’t enjoy “fun with numbers” scroll on, and I get that. 😉)

I looked back over three months. I’ve had weeks with extra weeklies, and weeks with negative weeklies. My intent remains to be able to use all available points and neither gain nor lose. So over that period I’m down about two pounds, and about one pound below my median weigh-in (where half my results are higher and half are lower). Over the same period, I’ve had an average result of -15 weeklies.

The negative weeks are fewer than positive weeks, but about twice as large a gap from zero. Since that large spikes tend to resolve quickly, I took half of that -15 average and elected to add one point a day, which is seven points per week.

We’ll see how that does, but psychologically it feels better. My daily points start with a three instead of a two, and my healthy eating range starts with a four instead of a three. We’ll ride with that for a while and see how it goes. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,009 Member
    Options
    Up 1.4 lbs. I've been cheating. Going to do it again tonight celebrating our 33rd anniversary.
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Up 1 over the past month -- no surprise. But considering I have a good 20 lbs still to lose, complacency is not appropriate. A few less indulgences and a few more salads needed.