Finished Ozempic - No Weight Gain

Options
dianalmay8
dianalmay8 Posts: 10 Member
Hi all, I took Ozempic for about 9 months - went from 210lb to 149lb. I was addicted to eating for anxiety and because Ozempic made me not want to eat, I no longer have that urge. I'm keeping a wary eye on myself to be honest, as I've heard folks do gain it back. BUT I am seeing a naturopath and she is helping me stay on course, making sure I am eating healthfully - getting the right nutrients and taking supplements to up my vitamin D and B12. I'm also taking psyllium powder once a day in water to help me feel full. I've been off of Ozempic since March, and have not gained anything back. I run like a beginner, walk and do weights. I've never felt so good. I am free of obsessing about food 24 hours a day!

Replies

• JCFan3
    JCFan3 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!! You have done wonderful! Your post is just what I needed today. I started ozempic in March of 2023. I have had a very rough time with nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps and now constipation. I have only lost 15 pounds in 6 months. I started at 205 and am weighing in at around 190 currently. My doctor wishes for me to get to around 140 with my height. I have not weighed that since around 8th-9th grade. I would love to learn more about your journey, food choices, ext.. and hear any suggestions you might have to help me on my journey.
  • dianalmay8
    dianalmay8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi JCFan3! Very ice to meet you! Thank you so much for your encouraging words. We can certainly help one another!. I'm now taking Pysllium fibre mixed in water - 1tsp every morning and it helps keep my blood sugar level and my tummy full. It's not the most fabulous thing to drink but I do it religiously when I wake up. Also, what is REALLY helping me is tracking protein and getting over 100 g per day. Keep going! You got this!
  • JCFan3
    JCFan3 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good morning, do you keep a daily dairy of your food intake? Is it open for others to view? Would you mind sharing with me what your eating plan looks like? I have limited knowledge of what a healthy diet looks like. My diet has consisted of fast foods, frozen pizzas, chicken strips ext for a long long time. I have never really been exposed to shopping for and cooking healthier options.
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @JCFan3 YouTube and Instagram are your friends when it comes to switching to a healthy eating and movement lifestyle.

For both goals, START SLOWLY!!

MOVEMENT: Try short walks (strive for ten minutes a day, five days a week, for the first 2-3 weeks, then increase gradually. Add in stair climbing. Spread your movement goals throughout the day. I work in a five story building, and never go to the bathroom on my floor, for example. I also keep 3# handweights at my desk, and during Zoom meetings (with video turned off!), I do arm curls and shoulder exercises. I have an eight pound leg weight under my desk for extensions. I do the extensions, foot and toe joint exercises under my desk, and no one knows but me, lol! I'm an adherent of CARs - Controlled Articular Rotations - of every joint in one's body daily. Can add years of movement to your life. Spread them out thru the day: they take only a minute or two per joint. Do toes, ankles, knees, hips, waist, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, neck - poof, you're done!! They feel wonderful, too!!!

MEALS AND SNACKS: Start doing food prep on weekends. If you have healthy choices to eat in your fridge and at work, you're less likely to reach for frozen, high salt- chemical- and calorie-laced options. Cut up your favorite veggies to eat with healthy dips, or add to grain or noodle bowls. It's apple season: eat a small apple every day. Dip the slices in almond or peanut butter for extra protein and yumminess. Do substitute a high protein shake (25-30 grams per serving) for one meal a day to help ensure you get your 80-120 grams in every day. Try not to go under 100 grams of protein each day (get into the habit (for now) of writing down EVERYTHING you eat - this app makes it easy). Cook up a batch of steel cut oatmeal and put into single serving cups. Top with cut up dates and nuts, cinnamon, etc. It freezes well, and makes an easy grab and go breakfast. Just before eating, I top with fresh fruit, yogurt, and a spoonful of marmalade or jam. YUM!!

Consider donating your frozen pizzas and breaded chicken strips to your work freezer: that stuff is full of unhealthy fats and possibly even carcinogens. Use YouTube and Insta to learn how to make healthy pizza and chicken strips, instead!!

Good luck!!

Sheri