Options
steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
Yo. How you'd do?

Replies

• steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I'm up 0.4 pounds. I'm really struggling with my weight these days. There are no excuses, I'm simply eating too much, mainly via snacking on junk at night, and also by too much eating while I'm away. I've been bouncing at the absolute top of my BMI range, and have peaked into the "overweight" category a couple of times. This really feels like a failure after going for so many years in maintenance.

When I'm home, my three primary meals are fine (i.e., as I planned). However, after dinner, I've gotten into the bad habit of having a few runs at the candy. I'm estimating that I'm probably pulling in an extra 600 calories a day without thinking about it! I've been trying/planning to start breaking this habit via substitution. For example, if I can keep some cut watermelon around, that would certainly be better (and more filling) than candy! In the past I've substituted by having a glass of tea at night. Perhaps I need to get back to that as an alternative.

I've also been traveling. We visited one son this past week, and will be visiting our other son this upcoming week. Each place has kosher options, but then I'm back to eating in restaurants, and I'm not sure I've ever gotten to the point of managing portion control when I eat out. That's something I'll have to focus on this week.

On the positive side, I'm still exercising regularly.

On the negative side, I think I have to go out today and buy a couple of button down shirts with bigger neck sizes. Ugh.

182/145.2/146

• imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,947 Member
    Options
    In down. 2 lbs this week but still up overall from my last weight reduction run of about 9 lbs +-.

@steveOmania Your experiencing my life of so many years. I want to take the weight off but I guess in my brain it's not wanting to cooperate. There are periods of time that I just want something I don't need that's kinda on the special side.

Example yesterday DW and I stopped by a new local Bakery DW and I split a Brownie and a Chocolate cookie. Didn't need it but sure was good. :)
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,929 Member
    Options
    Down 3.6#. Just riding the merry go round on the bouncing horse. Was a full pound lower yesterday. need to make those lowers stick around. Need to stick less food in my mouth. Was able to weigh in at WW on Wednesday.
    And so, we continue.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I'm up 1.2 over three weeks.

I just attended a high school reunion, and I'm mortified at the pictures of me. There hadn't been a reunion since 2014 when I was nearly at the peak of my weight loss on the old WW program and feeling great. I was at the very low end of the BMI chart when I graduated. I honestly think some people didn't recognize me.

I've known this reunion (and a college one) were happening since the beginning of the year, yet I couldn't get it together to lose even 20 pounds. The problem is definitely between my ears.

I've decided that today being the start of a new month is the perfect time to aim for 30 days of intentional behavior regarding my health. I know small changes add up. (Positively and negatively.) Hopefully that will get the ball rolling on establishing some good habits.

To the others on this thread who are struggling, I'm cheering you on behind the scenes. We all know WHAT to do and we know the WHAT doesn't have to be crazy or punitive.

Let's all have an intentional and mentally engaged week.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    Don’t hate me, but . . . I’m up 3.4#, and happy about it.

“Why is this man smiling?” Because I feel like my approach to weight management is working, and that’s a good thing. My intent is to live in a zone where one bad meal or one bad day doesn’t jeopardized my week or my free Lifetime status. This week, on Wednesday evening, we ate out and I ended up having a larger than planned meal. We came home, ran into our neighbors, and ended up having them over for crackers and cheese and some drinks.

So I was up three pounds from the prior day on Thursday morning in advance of my evening weekly WW weigh-in. I ended up weighing in within my Green Zone, which means I didn’t need to make any change to my eating pattern for this week.

We all know what John “Hannibal” Smith said on The A Team - “I love it when a plan comes together!”