It's 2023...I'm sticking around for a while.

Options
Cathie111
Cathie111 Posts: 8 Member
Hey all if anyone is around or joins, it's June 2023 but I plan on sticking around a while! A little bit about myself...I've been on MFP since 2011. I've tried losing weight 2-3 times before this using it but failed (I hated exercising because it hurt). I wasn't diagnosed with hEDS (hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos) until 2018 when I was about to turn 39. 2015 is when my chronic pains started. I am a mom of 3, and also a university student (I decided the degree I had wasn't what I wanted, started back in 2021). So time is not on my side! My doctor suggested calories vs exercise, so here I am in this group. I am majoring in Wildlife and Terrestrial Ecology (though my focus is invasive plant species). A friend of mine (who was in her 50's and had fibro) had a massive heart attack recently. I had just been out in the field and it was hot that day, and I noticed my own heart rate sped up to 155 beats per minute and I realized...I NEED to do something. I am short...only 5'1.5" tall, and was about 198 lbs. So I called my doctor. My blood sugars have always been fine, so finding meds would've been difficult. Ultimately, I'm doing it without meds...though I do have ADHD, and will be on vyvanse. Anyway, I'm here! This group is NOT inactive.

Replies

• Nahyeahnah
    Nahyeahnah Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I started my journey on MFP in 2013ish on a different account. Back then I was able to exercise even if I crashed with fatigue and aches for a day after, I wasn't working so I could. However I was too strict I think, I was possibly orthopaedic. I had a massive setback when I experienced a horrible event that had me unable to keep up. It was a couple of years after that I could restart but by then I was having non epileptic seizures, my body had seized up from lack of moving, I have very bad PTSD and well I wasn't ok to come back without friends and I had none in the city I was in. Fast forward to now, I have Functional Neurological Disorder and the disorder isn't predictable, I get very fatigued and sick but am clawing my way back slowly, I also have PCOS and was placed on some birth control that made my weight balloon 30kg heavier than Ive ever been. I became allergic to medications and was was bed and house bound until the last 4 months. Now I'm a bit better, I am on new meds and going to the gym as I can. I find lifting weights even easiest for me as fatigue sets most of my pain and symptoms off but I am still very limited. Trying my best. But I am here! I'd like to lose 10kg by March when I will be getting married but after 2 months back at the gym nothing. Oh well....just keep swimming as says Dory
  • Cathie111
    Cathie111 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Nahyeahnah wrote: »
    Hi there, I started my journey on MFP in 2013ish on a different account. Back then I was able to exercise even if I crashed with fatigue and aches for a day after, I wasn't working so I could. However I was too strict I think, I was possibly orthopaedic. I had a massive setback when I experienced a horrible event that had me unable to keep up. It was a couple of years after that I could restart but by then I was having non epileptic seizures, my body had seized up from lack of moving, I have very bad PTSD and well I wasn't ok to come back without friends and I had none in the city I was in. Fast forward to now, I have Functional Neurological Disorder and the disorder isn't predictable, I get very fatigued and sick but am clawing my way back slowly, I also have PCOS and was placed on some birth control that made my weight balloon 30kg heavier than Ive ever been. I became allergic to medications and was was bed and house bound until the last 4 months. Now I'm a bit better, I am on new meds and going to the gym as I can. I find lifting weights even easiest for me as fatigue sets most of my pain and symptoms off but I am still very limited. Trying my best. But I am here! I'd like to lose 10kg by March when I will be getting married but after 2 months back at the gym nothing. Oh well....just keep swimming as says Dory

You can do it! I started off in June and have lost 20 lbs (9.1 kg). :smile: I keep my calories around roughly 1400 (but I'm not super strict...I eat what I want, I just am more careful about how much of what it is I want, and make "better" choices...may not always be super healthy but I am super busy and don't always have that option). Example, I get ala carte food from take out, vs full on meals and I don't regular sodas anymore. Again, I am not eating super healthy (I was back before classes started but now I'm in full time school and I'm not home a lot), I'd like to eat healthier, but I'll save that for school breaks. I also just got over covid (first time having it) so I'm just blahhh