Hi, I’m new to this

Options
jqx6r8fyff
jqx6r8fyff Posts: 1 Member
Hi, I’m a male, around 320 lbs, and trying to become more active and improve my life style. I wanted to know if anyone had any tips, recipes, or suggestions. I’m open to everything. Thank you

Replies

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Take a look in the announcements section as there is a ton of information for diabetics. There’s also the launch pad that has great information for beginners. I’d like to say there is an easy formula to follow but you really have to try things out to see what does or does not work for you. Welcome to the group! We aren’t as active as we used to be but folks still stop in and offer advice. We do monthly challenges to so don’t be shy- join us and post your goals, successes or questions.
  • gerripo
    gerripo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What really helped me in the beginning was when I found Linda's Low Carb website. That's even before I found MFP. https://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/

What I like about Linda's low carb site is her recipes use common, everyday ingredients. She uses lots of ground beef and chicken but not things like swordfish filets.

It's hard to offer any tips or suggestions without knowing more about your situation. We can't say to eliminate all the carbs from your house if you have other people living with you who will continue to eat those things. We can't suggest exercise goals if you are physically limited by injury or current health. Personally, I can tell you that strength training was better for me than cardio.

My other piece of advice is simple. Use this site each and every day. Every time I tell myself that I've got this and don't need to come here to record my data.... Well, that's when I reverse course and start to gain back unwanted weight. Every! Dang! Time!

Best of everything to you. May you be richly blessed as you begin your journey.