• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 10,858
    9/2 - 14,027
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I’ve put on 16 pounds since April. I looked back at a graph and saw the moment I started to put the weight back on.

It directly coincides with the beer festival I went to for my sister’s birthday. Add to it, a long weekend camping at a NASCAR race in Sonoma, backed by an even longer week camping in Mendocino.

Fun, Fun, Fun.

The lesson: alcohol and Michelle should not be friends
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I’ve put on 16 pounds since April. I looked back at a graph and saw the moment I started to put the weight back on.

It directly coincides with the beer festival I went to for my sister’s birthday. Add to it, a long weekend camping at a NASCAR race in Sonoma, backed by an even longer week camping in Mendocino.

Fun, Fun, Fun.

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

yh699lb7hgrh.png
    d0dfl4gappxe.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    cksu7b1dnobb.png

By Pounds
    juha115ds89n.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    74vcf55ax1g5.png
    0xxshcjmua84.png

By Pounds
    27kikxv1a6oo.png

Team Winners
    pr7s96tv3d6y.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

jy2y4rheey96.png
    5d0k89a0z6so.png
    9a022hu5kq30.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    mpt4pn7dg43v.png

By Pounds
    x6dvhsr4vmwp.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    7mep95wdtbfg.png
    2c12ep2x4e0z.png

By Pounds
    rhuhrpw9grx1.png

Team Winners
    el9oo2br7hej.png
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Almost forgot, sorry for the late entry Linda:

User: rwillems
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday
    PW: 278.4 lbs.
    CW: 279.4 Lbs. (Up 1 pound --- Traveling again so not using my usual scale).

Until next week, stay safe and eat healthy.

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Congratulations, Nacho, Roblin and Brandi, on a great August!
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Steps: 4,505

My week in review: bad! I gained and fell a day short on my exercise goal. That’s behind me and it’s a start to a new week.

I am making jiggs dinner today. It is a Newfoundland dinner that I love but don’t cook too often as the salt makes me retain water. It’s been in soak since lunchtime yesterday at lunch time so hopefully it will add flavour but not too salty. I brought back enough of the meat to be able to make it 4 times. It is so good.

I am headed to the pool for a swim. Have a great Sunday!

@lindamtuck2018

We all have an occasional Bad week. It happens. New week -- New Start. You'll get that pound back and then some.

What is Jiggs Dinner? Just curious. I am on a strict "NO SALT" diet so it sounds like it is not something I would be able to eat but I am curious about regional/Local fare. Some of the best meals I have ever had were from regional recipes that few outside the region ever hear about.

Rick
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am DJ. I live in Florida with my hubby. I have 3 grown children and 6 grands. My hobbies include standup paddleboarding, biking, swimming, hula hoop dancing, reading, and math puzzles. Thank you for all the warm welcomes. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Let's rock this month.

My weekly step goal is 60,000 and 100 floors
    My major goal: meal planning
    Minor: water intake and planks.

I am off to a good start. Organized freezers.

I just added you to the September step challenge ... Can you please give me a step pledge that you plan to hit daily? Thank you

10k/day for 6 days & 15 floors/day. Thank you.
  • Heretochange88
    Heretochange88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! I couldn't find where I was meant to post for a minute! haha.

I am super excited to be part of this challenge... my weight has been getting to me for YEARS but especially lately... I start a program with the hospital next month to hopefully help it (Just a CBT course with some food menu help) and I wanted to get a start on it- so that's what September is dedicated to!

I have been eating my face off for the last 5 months especially and it's resulted in a significant gain... also my body just feels like it is shutting down- my knees are constantly in pain, my feet, back, and neck too. I also saw a video of myself yesterday and I didn't realise how obvious my weight gain has manifested. I feel so powerless.

Saying that, my first week has been a drastic loss- pretty normal for me for the first week or 2. I have to stick to the plan and just do the best I can and see how it goes.

Heretochange88
    Weigh in day- Monday
    Previous Weight- 388.8lb
    Current weight-379.8lb

-9lb!

This week I am going to focus on NO MINDLESS SNACKING!! I am going to try and stick to 3 meals and a couple of planned snacks as needed. I wasn't very good at planning today and I don't have lunch to take to work with me, oops! I can't go to the store either because it's a holiday....so I'm going to have to order a sandwich or something from the restaurant next door. That's ok though, better than snacking on other things!

I am so excited to be in this group. I struggle with my size and it's more the physical limitations that i now have- basic things like hygiene can be a whole workout all in itself.

I am going on vacation in January/February- visiting family in Utah- and I want to shed as much as I can by then because I have to purchase some things for church at that time...and I don't want to be buying 4 or 5xl stuff... maybe a 2-3xl would be nice then!

I'm excited to get to know y'all! Thanks for having me!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Mama530 wrote: »

Fun, Fun, Fun.

I love looking at my graph on Happy Scale. Not that I have about 4 years of data I can see I patterns. One thing I noticed is every year I tend to gain weight late summer/ early fall. I have figured out some of the factors contributing to this so I am trying to be aware over the next litter while. Now you can make adjustments to turn it around.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwillems wrote: »
    Steps: 4,505

My week in review: bad! I gained and fell a day short on my exercise goal. That’s behind me and it’s a start to a new week.

I am making jiggs dinner today. It is a Newfoundland dinner that I love but don’t cook too often as the salt makes me retain water. It’s been in soak since lunchtime yesterday at lunch time so hopefully it will add flavour but not too salty. I brought back enough of the meat to be able to make it 4 times. It is so good.

I am headed to the pool for a swim. Have a great Sunday!

@lindamtuck2018

We all have an occasional Bad week. It happens. New week -- New Start. You'll get that pound back and then some.

What is Jiggs Dinner? Just curious. I am on a strict "NO SALT" diet so it sounds like it is not something I would be able to eat but I am curious about regional/Local fare. Some of the best meals I have ever had were from regional recipes that few outside the region ever hear about.

Rick

It is salt meat/riblets with cabbage, potatoes, carrots, turnip and parsnip. Some people have pease pudding with it but I don’t like that. I prefer riblets and I soak them for about 24 hours before I put them on. I only have it on occasion because of the salt. We bring the riblets home from Newfoundland every year. I bring enough for about 4 meals. The scales are up 4.4 pounds this morning and I didn’t eat that much. Sodium really causes me lots of water retention.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 9,140
    Swim: 1/3
    Mini Walk: 0/2

No pool today. I haven’t been feeling the greatest since yesterday evening. I couldn’t even eat much of my jiggs dinner. We are supposed to take the grandkids out for ice cream this afternoon but I think my husband will have to go on his own.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    5be3bmc5eq83.jpeg

Overdue
    @laquita606

Monday
    @adianeschu

Tuesday
    @aactuallyaash

• Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 716 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Minor: The planks don't seem to be working out as a priority. So I am changing it to nightly evaluation. What worked today and what needs tweaking?
    Major: Bedtime. It is going well at small steps. So it is coming along.

@Heretochange88 Glad you could join us. We are in this together. Great pound loss. Sounds like you are on the right track by being aware of what went well, and what needs tweaking or changing. We look forward to getting to know you too.
This discussion has been closed.