Downsizers Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• KarlysFreedom
    KarlysFreedom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @itladyee

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you Hugs.
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 214 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 186.7
    CW 185.6

Phew... that was a hard one! To quote the frog, sometimes it's not easy being green!
    Root canal over (still on antibiotics though) and a mountain of work to do. Gotta keep going but will go get some steps first.

On another note, I was inspired by @aneedlecraft's plan to give herself the gift of a "one way trip to the 200s for Christmas." This made me think about giving myself a gift related to our mini-challenge, too. So, this morning, I found a Christmas gift bag in my wrapping supplies and put a pair of pants from my closet into it that I hope to be able to wear by December 24. I think I will look around for a few more things I already own to add to it - a sweater that is currently a bit too snug, a pair of earrings, etc. Growing up, my mom always made sure my sister and I had a new Christmas dress - I think this is a good gift to myself for several reasons (including the fact that it is fun to get a present! :)) Thanks again, @Slimmersixties, for doing this and the motivation it provides. I'm looking forward to opening my gift on Christmas eve!

• NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Steps: 5,562
    Swim: 3/3
    Mini Walk: 2/2

PW 172.2
    CW 173.6

Ok, I have gained two weeks in a row. There are several culprits with the biggest being my sleep. This has been going on for a few weeks. Poor sleep leads to nighttime eating for me. I have been over calories for quite a bit as a result. I am also going through a medication change which is not helping the sleep.

I feel this big time. I just ordered a highly rated mattress topper to try and address some of my sleep issues. I wake up multiple times a night with pain. Fingers crossed it works.

Have you been able to look into possible resolutions for your sleep issues? Curious what you find.
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 309.8
    CW: 306

🎉🎉🎉🎉awesome work!!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 186.7
    CW 185.6

Phew... that was a hard one! To quote the frog, sometimes it's not easy being green!
    Root canal over (still on antibiotics though) and a mountain of work to do. Gotta keep going but will go get some steps first.
    Great job my friend! You'll fit into those clothes soon enough, I'm sure. Let's get it!!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Please share some NSV’s(non scale victories)

n7l7ow926wzf.jpeg

As I said before I joined the Conquerer Challenge app. I just completed "walking" the length of the English Channel yesterday. On top of that I completed it in 41% of the time goal I gave myself. When you complete the challenge, they send you a medal.. so I'm looking forward to that. I purchased a medal holder to slap on my office wall so I can start displaying them as I get more.

The goal will be to start collecting medals in real life by hitting the races like my brother @JaysFan82. I know I got a lot of work to do to get there, but to be at this point right now when I used to barely be able to get to the next room just months ago... crazy.

Much love yall
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    inshapeCK

PW: 142.3 pounds (down 1.1 pounds) :)
    CW: 142.6 pounds (up 0.3 pounds) :(

After 4 weeks in a row of losing, I now have a gain which is not surprising. In the big scheme of things, I know it is not a huge deal to have a little gain but I was very disappointed when I saw the number on the scale this morning for a number of reasons. On Friday, I was 142.4 pounds so I only needed to lose 0.1 pounds to achieve a maintain today which I totally thought I would achieve and I thought I would even post a loss again this week. I was quite shocked that my weight was up as yesterday I was really proud of my eating decisions (e.g., salad, fruit, no over eating, no testing food when making a meal late last night to take to a family member today who has cancer, drinking water). I also walked for an hour on Friday. I have a feeling the little gain is related to a health problem as last night when I was getting ready for bed, I was shocked at how big my belly had gotten all of a sudden (not from pigging out this time, lol!) and so I knew I was bloated due to one of my health problems. Anyway, it is what at is. Some things are in my control and other things are out of my control. This time I am pretty sure the gain was nothing to do with me and everything to do with my body and one of my health problems. I need to get back down to 142.2 pounds which is what I was in May. I only need to lose 0.4 pounds to get back to where I was in May. I still need to lose 12.6 pounds to arrive at my goal weight of 130.0 pounds. I'm down 27.4 pounds from my highest weight of 170 pounds in 2016. Even though I was bummed with my weigh in this morning, I still press on to achieve my goal.

Hey my amazing friend. Those good choices you made will show up on the scale for you next time. You're doing so awesome and I know you will hit that May weight again soon. Keep killin it🫶🏽
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,089 Member
    Options
    The new group challenge for Sep Week 2 is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, 9/10/23. Hope you'll join us for Back to Basics! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10899123/sep-week-2-group-challenge-back-to-basics/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread! Have a great week!
    Jessica
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 172.2
    CW 170.8

@slimmersixties
    Please add me to the mini challenge! Christmas gift/goal 160.
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    NouveauRee wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 172.2
    CW 170.8

@slimmersixties

Woohoo!! 👏🏽👏🏽
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 186.7
    CW 185.6

On another note, I was inspired by @aneedlecraft's plan to give herself the gift of a "one way trip to the 200s for Christmas." This made me think about giving myself a gift related to our mini-challenge, too. So, this morning, I found a Christmas gift bag in my wrapping supplies and put a pair of pants from my closet into it that I hope to be able to wear by December 24. I think I will look around for a few more things I already own to add to it - a sweater that is currently a bit too snug, a pair of earrings, etc. Growing up, my mom always made sure my sister and I had a new Christmas dress - I think this is a good gift to myself for several reasons (including the fact that it is fun to get a present! :)) Thanks again, @Slimmersixties, for doing this and the motivation it provides. I'm looking forward to opening my gift on Christmas eve!

Thank you for emphasizing the idea of a Christmas gift for ourselves. I love this idea. Thank you again for the mini-challenge @Slimmersixties We can do this together!
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW : 214.0
    CW : 214.9

STEPS:
    09/09:
    09/08: 7,932
    09/07: 6,771
    09/06: 7,775
    09/05: 8,953
    09/04: 3,728
    09/03: 11,821
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Friday check-in
    PW: 321
    CW: 319

This hot humid weather has helped me remember to drink more water. I've also been moving a bit more.

@Slimmersixties
    I would like to join your mini-challenge. I want to gift myself a one way trip to the 200s for Christmas. B) So, please put me down for 299. Hopefully, I will be further in, but this is realistic for now.

I've added you to the challenge and love the idea of a Christmas gift to yourself!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 186.7
    CW 185.6

Love this idea! I'm going to gift myself something too just not sure what yet!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    NouveauRee wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 172.2
    CW 170.8

@slimmersixties

I've added you to the challenge x
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    MFP User Name - Learningmoments
    Friday weigh-in
    PW: 186.0
    CW: 187.6
    I don't understand how on Friday was 186.0, Saturday 187.6, Monday 185.0, and now Friday 187.6. That is quite a yoyo. Thanks for any help.

Commitment for Week - 60,000 steps
    Tracking Type - Miles or Steps: Steps

Saturday -10299
    Sunday -10328
    Monday -10532
    Tuesday -11601
    Wednesday -10581
    Thursday -12,798
    Friday -10,000+

Total Steps: 76,345

Commitment for Week for floors - 100 floors
    Saturday - Floors: 18
    Sunday - Floors: 16
    Monday - Floors: 22
    Tuesday - Floors: 15
    Wednesday - Floors: 15
    Thursday - Floors: 19
    Friday - Floors: 16
    Total floors: 121

This article might help
    https://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/g19905270/what-makes-you-gain-weight-fast/
    Also, if you weigh daily and suffer big ups and downs, you might want to take your average weight for the week .... which should be tending down! I use my average weight as it stops me trying to starve myself and reduce my water the day before weigh in !!
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    @Slimmersixties Thank you for the article and the idea for averaging. That would give a more realistic value and a lot less stress. I can definitely tell my hard workout days. The next day, my weight usually goes up. I usually try to have a lower-intensity workout the day before. I appreciate your help.
  • Tail0rMade22
    Tail0rMade22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In Day: Friday 9/8/23
    PW: 189.8
    CW: 189.2

Lost 0.6 lbs. I’m sorry for weighing in late! I stepped on the scale on Friday morning only to have our batteries die and had to go to the store to get some more and it’s certainly been a busy weekend lol. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    @Slimmersixties Thank you for the article and the idea for averaging. That would give a more realistic value and a lot less stress. I can definitely tell my hard workout days. The next day, my weight usually goes up. I usually try to have a lower-intensity workout the day before. I appreciate your help.

Do you use an app like happy scale for recording your weights?
This discussion has been closed.