Pre-Challenge Activity #8: Getting Ready (Final Activity)

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,197 Member
edited September 2023 in Social Groups
ipawbzagxu81.png
6d6cfd1hcyeq.png
334m9hpqbidw.png
The 2023 5% Challenge begins ~ on Saturday, July 8, 2023. We hope that you have enjoyed the ‘Pre-Challenge Activities’ that have been shared with you. When considering a journey such as this, there is just SO MUCH information out there. At the end of the day, the over abundance of mixed messages is something that we all need to deal with, that is the reason that many of the activities surround YOUR interest in various subjects; choosing what piques your interest, what resonates with you and allows you to formulate your plans accordingly.

Please remember: We are all individuals and we are all knowledgeable in various areas but there is no way that we can be ‘experts’ in every facet of steps needed to achieve a healthy lifestyle. We each have unique health challenges that contribute to how we’ve gotten to where we are today and, recommendations from healthcare professionals are absolutely paramount when formulating a healthy lifestyle journey, you MUST discuss your plans with your physician to ensure that you don’t try anything that may endanger your health and well-being.

For most of the Pre-Challenge Activities, we have painted a picture with a 🖌️broad brush🖌️ allowing for you to think about some of the activities, while giving you permission to make whatever plans you have your own. There are a few suggestions that have been discussed (and some that have not) that can help you ‘get ready’ for Day #1.

First - review the plan that YOU have developed for YOUR healthy lifestyle journey.

🍽️ Do you have plates ready (if you use special ~ or smaller plates for your meals). Do you have a food scale (for weighing and measuring food), measuring cups/spoons (for portion control)? Do you have a water bottle handy? We are made up of mostly water; most diet/exercise plans stress the importance of hydration. Do you have a good, comfortable pair of 👟sneakers/trainers👟 to use for your exercise of choice? Do you need weights/bands? If so, do you have them or are they in disrepair and need to be replaced? Have you added the 5% Challenge to your 📅calendar📅 so that you are reminded that this is an appointment that you have made with yourself? Have you written down your plans for nutrition/exercise? Have you researched your nutritional goals and written them down (and/or consulted your physician for guidance)? While you are at it, why not tidy up your kitchen. A kitchen that is clean and organized will ensure easier delicious and healthy food prep. Replace ‘bad’ (baked goods/chips/dips) foods/snacks with healthier options. Clean out your refrigerator and get rid of foods that are expired (or unrecognizable!). 👁️Look👁️ in your pantry ~ besides replacing salty and sugar-laden snacks with healthier options, take a look at some of those packages and discard items that may be expired.

📓 Your assignment: PRE-CHALLENGE ACTIVITY #8: Getting Ready

📔Ensure that you can reference all of the pre-challenge activities that you wrote about📔. Your successful participation will be based on ensuring that you follow through with your plans. Remember the Plan-Do-Check-Act that we discussed early on. Work your plan but make adjustments as you may need to to start and finish the challenge and be able to feel great about YOUR JOURNEY!

💭Please think about the suggestions of this exercise and let everyone know that you have committed to the Challenge by making an appointment with yourself. In addition, please share your creative ways to remind yourself to show up!!

Feel free to add your comments to this thread outlining your exercise plan for a successful 2023 5% Challenge (if you blog, you may add the link to your blog here or you may simply wish to copy/paste your writing here - or do both!), but please consider sharing!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PLEASE NOTE: The Seasonal 5% Challenge Teams are very active. You will be expected to participate to the best of your ability.

ALL challenge weeks run from Saturday through Friday - you will be expected to record your exercise and Living the Good Life points based on weekly Challenge Themes. You are expected to record these points daily or at least as often as you can during the week but no later than 11:59 pm each Friday (your local time). In addition, you are expected to weigh in one time per week by 11:59 pm every Saturday (your local time). Your individual team leaders and/or team mates will help to answer any and all questions about where to record your points.

🔮Our individual 5% Challenge Teams are currently being set up.

✉️Invitations to individual teams have been sent out. Members are packing their bags and getting their boarding passes so that they can join their individual team. Until then, get to know some of the Challengers that will be participating right along with you. Once you have joined your individual team, please check your team's instructions, become familiar with them and get to know your leaders and team mates.

📢Announcements will be made when invitations to your individual teams are sent. Please visit this team, the 2023 5% COMMUNITY TEAM often as this will be the best source for up-to-date information.

Previous Pre-Challenge ActivitIes (consider reading/participating in one or all of them):

Replies

• EmPea888
    EmPea888 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey there - thanks for all the pre-challenge information. I'm all set. I've got all the equipment I need - I just need the motivation to start using it! ;):D That's why the Challenge is so great - getting back in to action.

I have set myself up in my calendar. I keep a Bullet Journal so I'm just making a habit tracker for the things I have committed to doing.

Good luck to everyone doing the Challenge!! <3
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,460 Member
    Options
    i'm all set for the challenge! good luck, everyone!
  • amberlinamk1
    amberlinamk1 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I’m all set and ready to go!! Yay! Good luck everyone!! 🤗🤗
  • epivan
    epivan Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    All set to go!
  • 15Katharina06
    15Katharina06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am ready.
  • tjharleygal55
    tjharleygal55 Posts: 515 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Wow, didn’t even think about cleaning out my kitchen. That idea should have come automatically, but it didn’t. Thank you for that and for all of the pre-activities. It has definitely helped me make my plans! Good luck everyone on becoming healthier! 🏃‍♂️🍎🚴🏻‍♀️🥗🏋️‍♀️🫐😴👍
  • sgod50
    sgod50 Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I am ready.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely ready! Good health, here I come!
  • Chubbynomore10
    Chubbynomore10 Posts: 977 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Ready here! First page of my notebook has my plans and measurements! I hope everyone reaches his/her goals!
  • joywilson383
    joywilson383 Posts: 1,385 Member
    Options
    I’m all set and ready to go. I wonder how I can start blogging on here,any ideas?.
  • vexedangel678
    vexedangel678 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Ready to go! :)
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    Packed and ready to head on into the next journey!!
  • cmoak54
    cmoak54 Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Ready and set to go!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,460 Member
    Options
    i am all ready and set to go
  • paceka2
    paceka2 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    PRE-CHALLENGE ACTIVITY #8: Getting Ready

I'm ready and just waiting for the challenge to begin!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    PRE-CHALLENGE ACTIVITY #8: Getting Ready

I'm ready and raring to go!
  • ThursLins
    ThursLins Posts: 1,507 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Activity #8

I'm all set and ready for our fall challenge. I even now have a food scale in my kitchen. LOL. Have wanted one of those for years but never persued. Here we are years later, hubby is with me in this persuit of a healthier lifestyle. He's adding a few kitchen gadgets along the way..... I'm appreciating his new interest in all of this. Have never been his diet police, so am overjoyed at his decision.
  • nbruns83
    nbruns83 Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    I'm four days into the practice week with my team, so I'm ready.
  • 130StrongerEachYear
    130StrongerEachYear Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Entered my measurements. Ready to take off.