Chapter 48

Options
I’m 48 and need to get back on track. Lost my father in October 2022 and gained what I call “grief weight”. I need the shed these pounds off.

Replies

• Mahogany333
    Mahogany333 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I feel the same way. I will be turning 46 soon, so I'm trying to get myself in good shape. How have you been doing staying focused?
  • tairosey
    tairosey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in my early 40s and just want to look in the mirror and feel happy and confident again. In the past, I suffered from severe asthma. I gained so much weight from asthma steriods and now that I am well thanks to a bi-weekly shot, I have the energy and strength to do something about it.
  • vedra_b
    vedra_b Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your dad. This is not the same but my son he is an adult has been in the hospital since 12.2022 almost a year. I gained so much weight. I am tired all the time so I too need to get this weight off. So far I am 8 lbs down and goal is 40lbs before June. Its hard some days because we are at the hospital so often. Good luck to you and i would love a motivational partner.
  • nabbigail320
    nabbigail320 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your loss. It's so hard. In my experience grief comes in waves and knocks you over when you're not expecting it. My mom died more than 20 years ago. The waves still hit me but they are spaced farther and farther apart now.