Living The Lifestyle Thursday 9/28/23

Options
imastar2
imastar2 Posts: 6,010 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub(Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: When Your Favorite Foods or ingredients change or disappear from your go to store do you have a plan?
Do you go with the flow? Or do you make a decision to do your best to locate or just substitute and move on.

Replies

• cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options
    Amazon.com!
    They seem to be able to provide anything I want or need!
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,957 Member
    Options
    I usually start with a tantrum . . .

The hardest part? Getting an honest answer about the situation. I can’t get my Healthy Choice Fudge Bars, and the manufacturer and the retailers are pointing fingers at each other. Similarly, I can’t get Fiber One . . .

I usually end up researching alternatives once I exhaust denial as a strategy. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,099 Member
    Options
    crewahl wrote: »

The hardest part? Getting an honest answer about the situation. I can’t get my Healthy Choice Fudge Bars, and the manufacturer and the retailers are pointing fingers at each other. Similarly, I can’t get Fiber One . . .

I usually end up researching alternatives once I exhaust denial as a strategy. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I get Fiber One bars at Amazon.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,287 Member
    Options
    I shop multiple stores. So, I rarely have an issue. I usually have back-up items, just in case.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,957 Member
    Options
    Al_Howard wrote: »
    crewahl wrote: »

I get Fiber One bars at Amazon.

Looking for the Fiber One Original cereal. (Those bars are just gas wrapped in foil for me.)
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Some holdover attitude from the supply issues of the past few years -- I just substitute or do without. Though I have been known to drive hundreds of miles to pick up some non-food items I really wanted, so I'd never say never to doing something similar for a food. (I've been thinking about lime pickle a lot recently . . .)