Favorite book series?

Options
Catfish_Fan
Catfish_Fan Posts: 386 Member
Do you have a favorite book series in your favorite genre of book?

Mine has to be The Realm of the Elderlings series by Robin Hobb, fantasy genre. It was so good I want to read it again, although the time commitment would be huge.

I also really liked The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice (fantasy) but again, I would probably never reread it because it would take too long.

I really got hooked on reading by Terry Brooks and his Shannara series (fantasy), although it is not the best series I have ever read, I have read all the books and there are a lot. I started that one in high school long, long ago, and he finally wrapped it up a couple of years back. It was time.

I'm finishing the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child right now, and it is getting long in the tooth. Maybe Lee Child (pen name) should have followed his plans to kill off Reacher before he sold his book franchise to his brother Andrew (pen name). I'm debating whether to continue it with book 28 after a long break from it. This one is thriller or suspense genre.

Replies

• Btrflydog
    Btrflydog Posts: 1,358 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I really enjoyed The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice as well. I've been thinking I'd like to reread the first one - Interview with a Vampire. Don't know if I'd go through the entire series again - but I do have them in a box so maybe.

This year I started 2 series - The Game of Thrones and City of Bones. I can't decide whether to pick the 3rd book in The Song of Fire and Ice or the 2nd in The Mortal Instruments next.
  • FitMary202
    FitMary202 Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Guido Brunetti mysteries by Donna Leon. Mostly atmospheric, reminding me of a wonderful trip we made to Venice...
  • mikedee_nyc
    mikedee_nyc Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Red Rising by Pierce Brown. First book started off slow and I was not sure what the hype was about. Halfway through it takes off and is a high speed ride through the end of book 3.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Catfish_Fan Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Red Rising by Pierce Brown. First book started off slow and I was not sure what the hype was about. Halfway through it takes off and is a high speed ride through the end of book 3.

I have read that series through Book 3 and loved it as well. I plan to continue it in 2024 with Iron Gold.