Living The Lifestyle - Monday 10/30/23

Options
crewahl
crewahl Posts: 3,954 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub(Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: What’s for lunch?

What’s your go-to, low-calorie, easy-to-make lunch?

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,095 Member
    Options
    Our go-to is a sandwich of turkey breast (lowest sodium avail) on 60cal ea wheat bread. I add an apple and some baby carrots. This is about 300cal, or 3WW points.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,283 Member
    Options
    Aldi has a canned soup by a German company called Deutche Kutche (umlat over the u), which is a hearty potato soup...huge can. Three servings per can, 90 calories per can. I eat all three servings...so, it's 270 calories for an incredibly hearty and filling lunch. Great with crunchy bread.

Their other soups are very good, too. Highly recommended.
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Easy-to-make means either a cold salad or reheating some leftovers.
    Here's one I do that gives leftovers:
    1 can diced tomatoes (I prefer to use versions with flavor, such as fire-roasted, garlic, or green pepper)
    1 can corn kernels, drained
    1 can beans, drained and rinsed (my favorite is actually lentil soup)
    Put 'em all in a pot, add black pepper maybe a bit of salt, and cook for 10 minutes.
    Makes several meals, add a little something different to prevent boredom, such as precooked meat, another vegetable, or just some interesting spices.
    My favorite is to add half a diced avocado and some cilantro.
    Around 250 calories without the add-ins if divided into thirds, but adjust the amount you serve to fit target.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I have two . . .
    • Turkey breast on low calorie whole wheat with fat free cheddar slices;
    • Fat free cottage cheese with pineapple bits.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,009 Member
    Options
    Some type of protein for lunch today was two slices of cure 81 ham each with a slice of sliced sharp cheddar cheese. Other days maybe a green salad sometimes a can of chicken mixed with some mayo. I won't go there when I'm misbehaving.