Living The Lifestyle Thursday 10/26/23

Options
imastar2
imastar2 Posts: 6,009 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub(Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Food Benge: Do they ever still occur with you? Do you usually stop before too much damage is done? What do you consider a benge.

Replies

• misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,283 Member
    Options
    Binges are definitely still a thing with me. But, fortunately, these days, they only occur occasionally and are normally isolated.

After one, I analyze the situation to determine triggers and what I can do to avert that particular situation from occurring again.

I wish I could say I have found the magic pill for them. I can’t.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Yes - but I protect myself somewhat by having fewer binge-worthy things in the house. I don’t have a silver bullet, other than managing my weight is enough of a priority that I can generally reel it in at one sitting.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,095 Member
    Options
    TOL and I went off the reservation last night. Subway Spice Italian it 32 points. Luckily there was no ice cream in the house.
    Also I was ravenous before taking my fistful of morning pills, so indulged on an English muffin with peanut butter. Still made it under the WW Goal buffer.
    Back on track today.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Al_Howard wrote: »
    Back on track today.

And that’s the key right there . . . 👍🏻
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,095 Member
    Options
    Well... the track was still a long and winding road, but was down this morning. :smiley:
  • imastar2
    Options
    Week I posted this thread and had been on a benge up the 26th October. It has gotten worse. I won't go into it but basically got to get under control. I'm too around 5 lbdms and it may be worse y tomorrow. Urrrg! My mind is running away knowing what's going on.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,283 Member
    Options
    Derrick, you're not the only one to whom this happens. I had a bad day yesterday.

But, each day is a new opportunity. In fact, each meal is a new opportunity. I know you have limited ability to be physical; but I have found walking when the urge to eat hits to often be really helpful. A glass of hot green tea.

I have also found that, if I write down the experience, it helps. Describe the desire, the craving. Where is it centered? Is it a taste craving? A texture craving? Real hunger? How does it manifest itself? What would you suggest to someone else if they were facing the same craving?

Most importantly, resume course as soon as possible. You've got this.
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    They still occur, that's for sure. I consider a binge to be eating too much (at least three times the normal amount) of a given treat for several days. I am very fortunate in that my binges are relatively moderate and of short duration. My most recent was at the beginning of the month when I had a big bag of Cheetos and a big bag of potato chips over a couple days. I think I threw in a pint of ice cream, too.
    It ends when I notice the taste and texture of the food isn't really satisfying anymore, combined with feeling too full. I have no problem throwing the temptation away when I realize this. Good luck regaining control in the way that suits you best.
  • imastar2
    Options
    @misterhub wrote (Derrick, you're not the only one to whom this happens. I had a bad day yesterday)

Thanks Greg it's just one day runs into another until you hit the point in my case I can't breathe when I bend over. I will recover its just a we bit harder the older I get.