Living the Lifestyle: Wednesday 11/01/2023

Options
misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,274 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub(Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Three Things

What are three specific things you can do during the month of November to improve your healthy lifestyle or get it back on track?

Replies

• crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,939 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Interesting question. I’m gonna go with “no change” at this point.
    • I’m content with my weight at this point. I could weigh less, but don’t think it’s worth the effort it would take to live there.
    • I’m content with my food choices. They’re not all great, but I eat “clean enough to be healthy; dirty enough to be happy.”
    • I could have less volatility in my points/calorie consumption on the weekends, but I believe those indulgences help keep me from feeling deprived, and therefore are a positive thing.
    • I’m not interested in challenging myself in terms of activity. I could do more, but I’m not interested in chasing ever-decreasing additional increments of fitness or activity.

We’ll see what my blood work says at the end of November, and what my doctor says at my annual “wellness check” after Thanksgiving. Right now, I’m more motivated to stay the current course than to seek “more” in any dimension.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options

I need to cut down on between meal snacking.
    Be more cognizant of binges, so as to stop/slow down or mitigate them.
    Stop abusing zero point foods, especially apples, which are between 100 and 150 calories each.
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Get back to the gym (I've got my stent in successfully, so no more excuses)
    Cut drinking by 1/3 (down to 4 drinks or less per week, I've actually been doing this for a couple weeks already, but the need for vigilance is eternal)
    Keep tracking