Aggressive approach to weight loss

Options
Mofit40
Mofit40 Posts: 33 Member
Hello my fellow Fitness Pal community members. I have a question and would like your feedback. When trying to lose weight and selecting an appropriate style that works best for you and your desired goal, how do you handle to uninvited options and interference of ppl that are not apart of your plan or immediate environment. Especially, when they become aggressive and try to take over and change everything and aspect of your plan. Let me know how you would handle the situation from a personal perspective at as a competitor.

Replies

• Mofit40
    Options
    Correction. Not as a competitor. ( because we want to enjoy are jorney, work and effort)
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I listen politely, thank the person for their interest in helping me, then say I may try their suggestions if I am not successful with my current plan. Then stick to what you know works for you.
  • nancywoods102
    nancywoods102 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Actually, I haven't had that situation arise. I really just follow my plan and if I am out, I anticipate and log what will be on my plate the next meal. I do not make a big deal of it as I'm just doing it. I finally have the mindset of get the job done. Reading about the program and deciding 2 pounds a week was a goal I could achieve, a switch turned on and bam, I have not put a single thing in my mouth I have not accounted for in 45 days. I don't know, something is just different. It's not if I reach my goal, but when I reach my goal. I haven't felt that good in years.
  • Mofit40
    Options
    I totally agree with your statement " it is not if i reach my goal but when i reach my goal. Knowing what works best for yourself is also the general idea. It's all about maintaining your health, happiness and well-being, for me when I can't get an overly opinionated person to back off I become discouraged and disinterested, but I have been taken new approaches to reach the (when) of my goal.