📣Attention Watch out for Scammer

Options
Ceriusly1
Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,761 Member
Steven Townsend. This person joins and gets kicked off and joins again. I get friend requests from him a couple of times a week. I accepted him the first time because I thought he may be interested in the challenge. I have reported him and others have too. I don't know why they keep letting him re-join.

Replies

• EclipsedAgain
    EclipsedAgain Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    I accepted the first request, then got a few more with different variations of the name. Deleted all of them. I’ll never understand this kind of thing.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,267 Member
    Options
    I've gotten requests too but keep deleting them.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,189 Member
    Options
    My favorite creep button is "DECLINE"

We do not need to be "nice" and accept friend requests. Strangers aren't a friend. TY @Ceriusly! For helping members who aren't up to good. Scammers are all they are.
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,393 Member
    Options
    I just deleted one from him today or yesterday. Been getting a lot lately. Decline them all. I only allow members of the 5% as friends and the easiest way for me is to just friend whoever is on my 5% or IBC teams.
  • peppikaye
    peppikaye Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I've deleted them too. I noticed this time he was stephenjtownsend
  • Yiche912
    Yiche912 Posts: 6,254 Member
    Options
    Any man that I do not know will not be accepted by me and left a note on my MFP introduction saying just that. If they are not members of the challenge or I don't know, I ignore.
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,850 Member
    Options
    Have received several requests from him. Declined them all and they keep on coming. I no longer accept friend requests from anyone unless they are on my 5% team.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I keep getting the same 4. As soon as I got delete, they are back
  • peppikaye
    Options
    This man is a menace, how do we stop him?
  • Ceriusly1
    Options
    @peppikaye I wish I knew. Just keep deleting him/her/whoever it is. MFP apparently can't do anything to stop them either. I got a new request from him too.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    I clicked on him to see who he was. On his picture, there were 3 dots in the upper right corner. Clicking on the dots showed an option to block him.
  • Ceriusly1
    Options
    @rstanford3 We do block him but he returns with a new variation of the name.
  • peppikaye
    Options
    Unfortuantely he rejoins under a new name, adds an initial or number and starts all over again. Its a pity we can't block all variations of his name.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,111 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Ah...so we get to play whack a mole. Today was my first request. Maybe he'll find a new hobby.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,560 Member
    Options
    Yes I have gotten a number from him, different pictures, declined.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,189 Member
    Options
    @rstanford3 lololol Randi, I laughed way too hard at this. I have a 1-year-old boy kitty that can be really really naughty when he wants to be. So for a tiny bit I remove him from the bedroom. My 13-year-old cat is still usually in here. He'll do a little bit of meowing and put his paws underneath the door. The 13-year-old will go over and it becomes a game of whackapaw! Of course that is what I pictured what I read your comment. Lol lol