Living The Lifestyle Thursday Thanksgiving Day 11/23/23

Options
imastar2
imastar2 Posts: 6,009 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic:,Thanksgiving Day
Was 2023 A Typical Thanksgiving for you? Or was it Different from years past?
If you'd like to post about say today freel free.

Replies

• crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,951 Member
    Options
    Things are a little different:

This is the first Thanksgiving that it’s been just my wife and I.
    First Thanksgiving at home in 7 years - used to take my mother to a restaurant.
    First Thanksgiving without dessert.
    First Thanksgiving in ages I’ll end with extra daily points.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,009 Member
    Options
    For many years we've gone with DW 's elderly cousin 88 yo to a No Ga Mtn s buffet. This year was different from years in the past. We got off schedule during g COVID-19 then we went one more year then this year we waited to long to make a reservation and couldn't get one. However we went DW's cousin's home and took all the dinner and it worked out ok.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    The cast of characters at the table changes from year to year as kids grow and come with significant others, friends move away or move on etc. but the type of meal and the spirit of Thanks remains the same!
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,280 Member
    Options
    My son and I are bachelors this weekend, so we rented a cabin on a lake. Ate well and vegged out.

Probably do the same today. 😎
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,483 Member
    Options
    Just me and DW this year. Having our son and/or daughter come down has just gotten to be too much stress with air travel being what it is. We grilled a pork tenderloin, roasted Brussels sprouts and baked some potatoes. Had pumpkin pie smothered in Cool Whip. It was great.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,094 Member
    Options
    TOL and I went to dinner at DS#1's, with DDI-L and their GGS, and DS#2. Nice time, but I'm getting to HATE night driving. Ate way too many desserts, pie w/ice cream, and TOL's brownies (my Kryptonite) right in front of me. Working on getting the small number over, back in WW range.
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    A little late to the question.

It was a pretty typical Thanksgiving with friends, with many of the traditional dishes. I did not go crazy, but neither was I watching points. I did eat a whole apple pie during the preceding week, which was really not in my best interest.