Dec 13 - Dec 19

GaGasheesh
GaGasheesh Posts: 1,127 Member
Last Time: 133.4
TW: 131.2

Well, I didn't expect my weight to drop that much, but I guess stress and chasing a 2 year old may have contributed.

Sarah, you've had a few health issues come up, but you're overall so healthy that I'm sure you'll do fine. The "rib" is the scariest thing, so please get that checked out as soon as possible. If your cholesterol is high, I don't think a statin is as big of a deal as I used to think, and they really do work. The worst part is finding one that doesn't cause bad side effects. I'm happy your eye is better. And, finally, your car is fully fixed!

Kelly, your eye issue is concerning, and I'm sorry you're dealing with it along with "life" and the busy time of year. I don't want to scare you, but your symptoms sound like an issue my oldest granddaughter had which was "cellulitis" in her eye. Her eye swelled, and it caused illness symptoms like fever and just being sick. It also came on suddenly. I remember that they did also give her a round of prednisone as well as antibiotics. I would suggest that you go to a clinic if your symptoms persist, and not wait until January.

Lois, it was fun to read about your amazing Disney trip! How fun to have those memories. . I'll bet Rhea was in heaven. You're so busy! I hope you're taking some time to take care of you and your health. Good luck with house guests . . I know how stressful that can be, but also so much fun. I think family being in the same house a few days brings people closer than just a visit for dinner does.

Our son and his family are coming on the 23rd for a week . . meet the new baby, Christmas (including Santa :) ), going skiing (the kids are taking lessons), movie, games, etc. I'm excited, but also of course a little stressed. I'm finishing wrapping today, then I'll start baking and planning activities and meals. They've been shipping their "Santa" gifts here, but I told my son they would have to wrap them, lol. They've done it this way before, and they somehow get it all done. I'm just stashing boxes in their guest bedroom closet :D

I have managed to get workouts. . taking our 2 year old for walks to the park and playing tag and on the playground when we were at their house. Then, my trainer has been coming the 2 days this week, and I've done some Apple workouts too, just 20 minutes here and there. I'm not paying much attention to intake, but just keeping it smaller and mostly healthy food. For now, that's working okay until I have more ability to focus in January.

I'll try to post a photo of the new baby, probably in another post because I'll do it from my phone. Hope you're all having a fun and happy holiday season.

Replies

• GaGasheesh
    1rawmobuo0v1.jpeg
    bvf64sbftvbv.jpeg
  • GaGasheesh
    Man, I needed some make up, LOL.
  • Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,340 Member
    She is so beautiful!!!! and you are too!!! Hush - no make up needed. Love the pics. Thanks so much for sharing and I'm so happy to hear all are doing well. Enjoy your family time!!

Yes, I'm taking time for me.. I nap right after logging off of work...lol seriously I'm still so very tired. I ordered groceries for delivery by 6pm on Monday. I got a text they'd be here after 815-845. Cancelled that order. I was in bed and asleep by then. Picked them up yesterday. And, Yes I do love family to visit. I just feel behind the 8 ball on housecleaning lately. It is what it is and if there's dust somewhere. oh well. I'll give them a duster. LOL. The bed and sheets will be clean...lol

Since the accident and my injury, hubby and I have migrated all of our clothes downstairs to a rolling rack. Well, it's time to get those things back upstairs. So instead of focusing on packing my MIL's stuff, I did take a few hours on Saturday to clean out my master bedroom closet. I had sizes two sizes too small in there. I was then able to move everything upstairs. I have a cube to save and a cube to donate. I'll finish up my daughter's room this weekend and dust my office area as well. I was hoping my friend would be ready to help me with cleaning, but not quite there yet. So I'm on my own. Hubby will help too. Not just me. And with our trip to Cali after Christmas, we're hoping to make it back to storage to gather all newborn baby stuff and get it ready to take with us. We may add a stop on our route to drop off for our friends who will be new grandparents in May. They're pretty excited about the amount of items we have and they also know that we a) buy quality items and b) take care of the items so they will still be like new for them. We're so excited for them and to give our stuff to someone who will appreciate it. My son and DIL are ready to part with the crib and their stuff as well, so someone needs to haul it over there with a truck (I've recommended they come out here to grab it all...lol). I'll take what I can fit in my van each time I go, but the crib will not fit. It's one of those convertible ones that becomes a toddler bed as well.

Had meetings this morning early in Scottsdale so I failed to step on the scale. Also, on the way to work in our 40 degree weather - brr it was chilly. The new van tire pressure sensors were going bonkers and caused me to turn around and have hubby check the pressure One needed some air - but now it's over the recommended amount. Oh my goodness. We'll keep an eye on it and remove some if it continues to show over the amount.
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 689 Member
    You're both absolutely beautiful Sheesh! Congratulations to you and your family. <3

Sarah, I hear you when it comes to the health stuff. Glad you're staying on top of things and even though your appointment is a ways out, at least you have one! Happy thoughts.

Lois, sounds like you guys are super busy too. I'm exhausted this time of year too.. I think everyone is. lol

Well I did go back to a different walk in clinic on Saturday and this doctor said it was an infection on my skin like a sty, so he prescribed me something different and I haven't had anything happen since.. knock on wood. I still would like to know what caused my initial allergic reaction, so I'm keeping my January appointment with my doctor so he can refer me for environment allergy tests. I've had allergy tests for ingestible items in the past, but not for environment. I guess we'll see what he says. My cold is mostly gone too, just a lingering cough every once and a while.

Hockey is still going in full force. We have it all night tonight, tomorrow night and 2 games Saturday with both kids. Plus our daughter has a birthday party to go to and I have a Christmas get together to go to with some friends. There really isn't enough time in the day. I can't wait to get out to our cabin and relax lol We haven't been able to get out there often enough with the kids schedule being so crazy but hubby and I are going with our pup on December 22 for the day/night. At least we'll get out there for 1 day. We're hoping to go back with the kids after Christmas, but it sounds like our daughter might have some last minute hockey practices tossed in during the holidays now.

We are also having some crazy warm weather this year and we have hardly any snow. I'm sure January and February will be crazy cold though.

Anywho, back to work!
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,971 Member
    LW: 127.6
    TW: 128.6

First, sorry to be late in posting. I was doing just that yesterday in the early afternoon when the doorbell rang. I figured it was another company selling roofing, windows, etc. We get those cold calls all the time. So I let hubby answer it. Than a couple of minutes later, he came to the bottom of the stairs and said "Can you come down for minute? I think we have trouble." So I just abandoned my post. Turns out our neighbor up the street had noticed that the "chatty neighbor" I mentioned last week had not yet picked up her paper from her driveway, and since it was after 1 p.m. the neighbor knocked on the door. She did not get an answer, so she went home and called. Again, there was no answer. I think I've mentioned that the chatty neighbor lives alone, has some health conditions, and doesn't go to the doctor like she should. Long story short, I was finally able to get her to answer the phone and she said she was just really, really tired and had just gotten up! Later, I checked with her again about anything she might need from the store and she asked for some juice and raisin bread. When hubby took those over, she would not open the door. Just shouted for him to leave it on her porch. Then I saw her today when I was driving in from my class, and she was attempting to get her newspaper, but looked super unsteady on her feet. Now she's not answering her phone again. I will try again later and will go over if she doesn't answer. Hubby is ready to ask 9-1-1 to do a wellness check.

But back to the weigh-in, I'm not surprised to be up a pound. I had to really curtail my walking for a couple of days to see if my calf muscles would get better. They have. They're still a little sore, but much, much better than on Monday. And although my steps and burn were down for a few days, I was not cutting back on intake, so there you go. I hope things will even out next week. With the holidays coming and all the hours I'll spend in the car, I will be happy to just be even an ounce under 130 come New Year's Eve.

Sheesh, I am so glad that you posted the other day, even if you had to do a short one. I was getting worried. And I second everyone's comment about both the beautiful baby and beautiful grandmom. I really love your hair. Mine is still fading, and I wonder again if I should bite the bullet and get a base shade and some highlights. You look much younger than I know you are, and congratulations on the 2+ pound loss. I told you that we'd be in the same ballpark again soon.

Kelly, I'm glad the eye is doing better. It does sound like you had a reaction to something you were exposed to at that game. I will think about you enjoying some peaceful and restful time at the cabin on the 22nd. That's one of the days we'll be on the road.

Lois, I'm glad that you're taking that nap after work. It's funny. I mentioned to my doc that sometimes I feel tired after I eat lunch, and she replied, "It's okay to take a nap, you know!" So keep doing that and don't worry about dust. Just enjoy your company.

And regarding my health stuff, I got a good report from my dexa. There's was a little loss in the left hip, but the density in my spine and right hip actually improved a little.

I appreciate that everyone wants me to get the mammogram done as quickly as I can, but I honestly don't want it done right as we leave. When I get back, I'll check to see if there has been any cancellations, although I can't imagine someone cancelling a diagnostic mammogram. But that does remind me that I need to let my doc know how long I have to wait.

Before I go, here's my 7-day averages from last week:

Steps = 10,297 (not bad since I didn't make anywhere near 10K on 2 days)
    Kcals burned = 1,738 (worry must burn calories since my activity was less!)
    Stairs = 12 flights

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,971 Member
    Happy Sunday everyone. Man, it is one cloudy, damp and very dark day here. We were supposed to get torrential rain today, but that has either been delayed or the forecast has changed. We've had strange weather patterns lately. Sheesh, that inch of snow last Monday was actually 2.5 inches. I'm a bad judge of amounts. :p

Between the snow and the rain, we've had several days that were unseasonably warm. Yesterday was in the low 50's so I got an outside walk in. This was my first outside walk since the one that I think triggered the calf pain. My legs are still a little sore, but not much, and the walk didn't seem to make it any worse. I also got on the TM last night after we got back from having coffee with some friends, so I was feeling good about Saturday's activity. But a little while ago, I discovered that for some reason, my fitbit did not pick up my activity for yesterday. :s It seems like ever since Google bought fitbit there are periodic glitches. I tried adding activity manually, but although I knew about how many steps, the app asks for time walked and distance--both of which I had to guess. At first, I saw that the number of steps extrapolated from that was too high, and I so deleted what I added and made an adjustment. Now it is too low, but I'm going to let it stand. I can see a new fitness tracker in my future.

Things are continuing to evolve with my chatty friend and neighbor, too. Finally one of her friends was able to contact her brothers who both live in the DC metro area, and they came up today to check on her. Right now, she's at the ER with one brother and the friend, and the other brother and his wife are doing some cleaning in her house. I'm relieved. These changes in her health happened fast.

Well, it's time for me to get some steps (I have less than 2K at 6 pm!) I spent a chunk of the morning finishing a book. If you want a good novel try "Maybe You Should Talk to Someone" by Lori Gottlieb. Hope all is well with everyone. I can't believe that Christmas Eve is just a week away.