Introducing myself

Options
Hello,
63 y.o., post menopausal, type 2 diabetic. I had my semi-annual wellness check up in Nov. and was not surprised to see that my A1C was 6.3. So I started Ozempic 2 weeks ago, 0.5 dose. So far I am down 10.5 lbs. The nausea, cramps, and fatigue are pretty annoying. Is this typical? Do these symptoms subside?
Thanks.

Replies

• ayameinlove
    ayameinlove Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I just started ozempic. I’m type 2 diabetic. I haven’t had any of the side effects, but I’ve seen in my research that many people do have those too.
  • jlproulx8076
    jlproulx8076 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had nausea for a bit. It does get better. But I started at 0.25 and worked up to 0.5 after 4 weeks. Maybe yours started too high? Also you have to change the way you eat. The cleaner you eat the less side affects
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    The manufacturer's recommended protocol is .25mg for four weeks, then increase to .5mg. I've not had much, if any, side effects, other than occasional constipation. No nausea or vomiting at all. Have been on Ozempic since March 2023; switching to Mounjaro tomorrow, as I've not been able to get Ozempic (I'm self-pay) since November.

Down 30 pounds; 20 to go!

Also, there's a very active Facebook support group (unlike here) that I found useful when starting out... altho a lot of the same questions are asked over and over. There are excellent guides pinned to the top of that group that answer 95% of questions, too.