Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Thanks, Shelley.
    Hope Rocky feels better soon.
    My trainer has a sore throat, too. I didn't get one. My cough is better...nose still drippy.
    This is a Do Nothing But Read Sunday. It's supposed to rain today. We'll see.
    The kids went to the Dickens Faire in Daly City today with all their friends. They love it! They have gone the last few years. We have Bean for a while. That's it.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Chris . Hope they share photos with you. What are you reading now?

Was able to help Rocky get a shower. Water was everywhere. :D

Chris this cough is awful. I don’t feel like doing much of anything. Maybe just sit around. I need to start working on getting in shape for the wedding

Shelley
  • cpanus
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Shelley, I'll be dealing with the shower issue in the near future. Pat has to have his hips done again. Hope Rocky is doing good.
    Reading Noble Storm by William Miller.
    My cough is getting better. Nighttime is the hardest. It seems the minute I lay down I start coughing. Doc gave me two prescriptions that are helping. I am a bum as far as doing anything but sitting. I plan to walk to the Goat Bridge tomorrow morning before Collin gets here. Rain is in the forecast but I have umbrellas!!
    Going to see my trainer at noon today. Hope you all are doing good.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Been doing double duty at home. Jim has a calcium deposit on his elbow which js causing the pain. He apparently needs to let it reason. He can't really do very much.....maybe be just doesn't want to wrap gufts? Lol.

I got a big promotion at work late last week.....larger responsibilities and bigger team. More travel....won't be easy...but looking forward to it.

One mode day of work then off Wed to Tue...will be nice to have a break.

I need to exercise my way into the holidays....eating way too much ;(

Karen
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris just get well. We can start another mini challenge when we are well again. Of course a Noble Storm should involve a very short walk with an umbrella.

Karen congratulations on the promotion. You will do great.

Still feel like crud. I am planning on walking some tomorrow. Even if it’s just on a treadmill

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Karen, CONGRATS!!!! Go going, my friend!! I think you're going to have a blast!
    Shelley, feel better, my friend.
    No walk...just an hour more sleep!! Getting better. Keeping the new meds for bedtime instead of all day. No coughing during the day really...mostly at night.
    It's been raining here...supposed to stop tomorrow. Maybe I'll go out Thurs morning before Collin gets here...maybe.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Feeling a little better Chris. Avoiding the scales though.

Rocky has his first physical therapy session tomorrow. Been eating to much junk. I am pretty upset with myself. Tomorrow I reset

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Getting there slowly, Shelley.
    Had my trainer at noon today after we had Collin in the morning. Ronan was here for a bit but now he has some stomach bug and went home early. Tossed his cookies at least twice today. It was his last half day of school before the Winter Break. He doesn't go back until Jan 3rd.
    We won't have the boys tomorrow...Sara's off too...but we have a bunch of chores to do. Should be interesting to see if we get them all done.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Keep feeling better Shelley!

I did get a good walk in yesterday and went to yoga last night. Planning to get some good movement in thus holiday. We are going to NYC on Saturday for the day so that will be a lot of walking. We are going to see the Broadway musical Kimberly Akimbo, which I hear is great. Bella is super excited.

I worked 1/2 day yesterday even though I was meant to have off...will need to do a little more today. Busy day ahead with holiday prep. I'm going to start it with going to the gym before getting started though once I get the kiddo off to school!

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate goal weight: 148
    Dec 31 goal weight: 168.4

Nov 30 ending weight - 172.4
    Dec 01 - 172.4
    Dec 07 - 170.2
    Dec 14 - 172.4
    Dec 21 - 171.8
    Dec 28 -
    Dec 31 -

Hanging in. Very busy and getting in a small workout or planks or squats where I can.

Kathy

• cpanus
    Options
    Got all our chores done today. Went to wrap Christmas presents and I have no tissue!! Thank goodness for Amazon! Looks like my Saturday will be full of wrapping.
    I have my trainer tomorrow. Next week she's spending it w/her family so no workouts for me. I'm hoping to get my walking back up to speed then. I'm almost done with this cold...man! it's been miserable!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I sure hope the little guy is fee better. Ronan is such a sweetie. And I am with you. This cold has out lived its welcome! I have to make a list of the things I plan to do. If not I get sidetracked.

Paula so glad you are still getting in planks and push ups. Inspiring me.

Karen thanks. I am going to beat this thing. Have a great time at the show. Can't wait to hear your review of it.

I spent the better half of today looking at online cook books. Boring recipes. Ask for easy healthy ones and most you would have to be a chef to prepare. Then I looked up healthy wraps. Now these I can do. Going to go shopping for some fresh ingredients tomorrow. Need to get a start on dropping this weight f.a.s.t.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Ronan is still not feeling well.
    Worked out w/my trainer for 60 mins this afternoon. I won't be seeing her next week. Her family is in town. I'll see her next on New Year's Day with my new year commitment. :#
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,685 Member
    Options
    Karen, So exciting to know you're appreciated!

Is anyone interested in workout videotapes? Don't know if you remember, but there was a huge closing out sale several years ago, and I went overboard.

If you are, let me know, and DM (or text) me your mailing address okay? I used to have them but not anymore. I'll take a picture later and list titles of the couple dozen that I'm not interested in. (Keeping the kelley coffey-meyers though, love her.)

I'm don't want to weigh in. Serious :cry:

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris that is sad. Being sick is bad enough. But on Christmas break! Poor Ronan. Great workout. What is your New Years resolution going to be?

Paula I love Kelley also.

Went to a friends house to look at her new Tonal. Expensive. But if you are struggling with motivation and have money to burn.....it is really nice. Got Rocky out of the house. Took him shopping. Then to pickup dinner. He waited in the car for dinner. Shopping wore him out even in a scooter.

Going to work out on the Tonal tomorrow. Makes my cough really bad exercising.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Shelley, he's doing better but not quite there yet. I am still coughing a bit and wet nose.
    My new year commitment is to get rid of at least 5 pounds. I did get out of the 150s kinda...I'll aim for 145. We'll see if it takes me an entire year to do it.
    The kids are coming tomorrow to celebrate Christmas with us. It'll be fun. Ronan has a lot of presents to open. Collin ...not so many but he won't care!!
    Paula & Shelley...I like Kelley too!! I have a ton of her stuff.
    Shelley do you have a Tonal? That's cool...I had to look it up.
    Later my friends.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Chris glad to hear he is getting better. I like the 145 weight goal. I will try 140. I am shorter!

No I don’t have the Tonal.. My bestie does. I don’t want something so expensive that if the company goes under won’t work. And the subscription is ridiculous

Baked cookies for Rocky yesterday. He can’t yet. And he gives them out to the kids for Christmas

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    We put in a Raley's order to be delivered this morning...someone...not me...ordered a bunch of chips and dips!! EGADS, MAN...okay, I did order my favorite chips but... :D
    Today should be fun!!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris that sounds delish. You have fun

Shell
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,685 Member
    Options
    Happy holidays, all!

Paula