DECEMBER 2023 CHALLENGES -- 12/01 - 12/31

Options

Replies

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone. I hosted Christmas Eve for the family and we had a good time, fun games and great food. Most importantly mom was sure by 17 of her great grands (there are more) and all of her daughters. Not going to think about the great food I ate just going to drink lots of water and get back to it today. Mom and I will have a quiet Christmas together in our Christmas PJs probably all day. I’ll cook while she opens all her presents. 😊

Here’s a picture of my first attempt at a Christmas tree charcuterie board. Not bad 🤣

jw5h7ymkgfet.jpeg

Hope you all enjoy the day with friends and family. ❤️

Kathy 🎄🎄🎄
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I want some, Kathy!! Looks delish!! You are beautiful!!
    We had the kids over yesterday and it was so fun! Ronan had lots to open!! I had to give Sara another laundry basket to carry all the gifts!!
    I'm going to the post office today. My first walk in a long time. This cold just want to hang on. I only have a slight cough and a bit of a wet nose. I just want it over!!!! :'(
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,685 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @KAR1959 @kjs1228 Kathy, Karen, Shelley and Chris,

Here are the workout tapes I want to downsize. Let me know if you'd like any or all of them, okay? No cost obvi! Thanks.

We were particularly into kelley coffey-meyer workouts a long time ago (Chris is that right? had found a great KCM on youtube) and someone here mentioned a video store going out of business and they had some amazing sales and I went overboard because everything was so cheap.

Most of these are still in plastic, and I'll never get around to them, especially with bad knees now. So I'd love to share with you all if you're interested.

Paula

5zltjxnvfmdm.jpg
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Wishing you all the happiest of holidays!

Paula
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    @KAR1959

Kathy,

Beautiful Christmas tree charcuterie board! And I adore your pants and slippers!! <3

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Paula she sure knows how to match. I appreciate the offer of the DVD’s. I wouldn’t mind some Denise Austin. I am not even sure what I have anymore. 😂

Chris a friend of mine suggested using Zyrtec D. Says it helped her get rid of a year long cough. Been doing it for 3 days and feeling better

Merry Christmas all
    Rocky and I dropped off gifts to the kids. Well he stayed in the car and I handed them out.

I decided to get a workout app. I got FITON. It is mostly free. But was so inexpensive I did get the PRO. I started a challenge, Lose Belly Weight. I need accountability. It synched with my television. Karen you can download favorite workouts for trips.

Chris and Paula there are lots of low impact ones you can do

Check it out. Let me know what you think

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Hey gals...late Merry Christmas....basically my entire house got sick this week. We are all in some stage of recovery. I pulled off a decent Christmas dinner somehow....but I didn't feel great.

I do have off today thank goodness ;)

Not the Christmas I expected, but here we are.

Hope you all had amazing holidays. I agree...that charcuterie looks awesome Kathy!

Thanks Paula for the generous offer. Between yoga, planet fitness and the peloton app....I should be covered.

Karen
  • cpanus
    Options
    Karen, so sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope it doesn't last.
    Paula, I don't need any more workout DVDs, but Thank You for the offer.
    Shelley, since I workout 3Xs a week with my trainer, I won't be joining you, but I have the FITON app and have used some of their workouts in our monthly challenges. :D
    Pat walked with me this morning!! We went over to what was once The Rocky Road but has been demolished for new houses... :'( We walked all around and talked memories. It was fun. I hope he'll keep walking with me. His knee is bugging him so it might be iffy. We'll see.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I also love when Rocky walks with me. And am hoping he can again soon. And you can always share any of the FitOn workouts you like with me as you do them. I also get sad when I see a bunch of homes or businesses going in.

Karen I do hope you get well soon. I don’t think I knew you had the Peleton app. Do you also have the bike?

I did another workout today. Legs are super sore from yesterday. I am hoping my arms are sore tomorrow. That will be a good start to improving my level of strength.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy I love the presentation of your charcuterie board.

Shell
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Hi ladies. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. We did and now ready to get back to work.

Karen glad to hear you and the family are feeling better.

Paula thanks for the offer of the dvds but I have plenty. Too bad I don’t use them. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Chris so happy Pat walked with you. Keep getting those steps in.

Shelly I have FitOn (the free version) as well. I guess I need to start using it. Is the upgrade worth it. I need motivation so maybe I should consider it. Will take a look at the app again.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy it was not much to get the upgrade. So I started with it. I wanted the challenges. And linked it with my calendar to bug me into doing it. Will have to find you so we can cheer each other on.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Shelley - I don't have the Peloton bike...I just do the app, which I really like. It's $10 a month and you get unlimited classes...there are thousands of them . I've been trying some of the treadmill ones while at the gym....they are really good?

Trying not to beat myself up about what the scale says (yikes.). One foot in front of the other right?

Today is my birthday....hoping no one brings a cake....I've eaten plenty ;)

Karen
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Okay went to the gym this morning it did 15 minutes on the rower, 15 minutes of weight lifting, 15 minutes of treadmill. Now I can start the day :-)

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    kjs1228 wrote: »
    Shelley - I don't have the Peloton bike...I just do the app, which I really like. It's $10 a month and you get unlimited classes...there are thousands of them . I've been trying some of the treadmill ones while at the gym....they are really good?

Trying not to beat myself up about what the scale says (yikes.). One foot in front of the other right?

Today is my birthday....hoping no one brings a cake....I've eaten plenty ;)

Karen

Happy birthday Karen! 🍾

• cpanus
    Options
    Happy birthday, Karen!! Good job at the gym!
    I got 5.21 miles done in 109 mins...not very fast but I got it done. Then we went and got our RSV shots then we had Collin and Ronan over for a few hours while their parents went out to dinner for their 9th Anniversary! Sooo tired and my arm is sore!!
    Later my friends.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Karen Happy Birthday. Did they bring cake?

Chris nice walk. Let’s not talk about shots

So sore today

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    I upgraded the FitOn app and started a 4 week beginner program. First workout was 22 minutes, a good mix of body weight exercises. Also did 30 minutes on recumbent bike.

Shelley you were right it was only $39 to upgrade and it’s for an entire year. Thanks!

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy I am Shelley on the app. I will see if I can find the challenge you are doing. And you are welcome.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, my arm still hurts from the thing we aren't going to talk about!! So did the rest of me for a while. I'm feeling pretty good now. Pat didn't have any problems. Maybe I'll walk tomorrow.
    It rained this evening!
    Chris