Find any books under the tree?

Options
Btrflydog
Btrflydog Posts: 1,358 Member
One of my favorite gifts to give or receive is a book. This year I got 2.
The Last Heir to the Blackwood Library - Hester Fox and A Day of Fallen Night - Samantha
Shannon. Gave my MIL a book of Norse Mythology and Fables. She's been researching her Norse ancestry.

Did you get any new reading material?

Replies

• Catfish_Fan
    Catfish_Fan Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Um... Kindle Books count, so on the big daily deal sales Dec 21-24 I bought myself "several" that were on my list. But "several" might be an understatement... Don't tell me Tsundoku does not apply to a kindle e-book collection! :) All of these were marked down to $1.99-$3.99 each so I did not break my bank account.

A Crown of Ivy and Glass (The Middlemist Trilogy Book 1)
    Claire Legrand

Freaks, Gleeks, and Dawson's Creek: How Seven Teen Shows Transformed Television
    Thea Glassman, Jennifer Keishin Armstrong

Witch King
    Martha Wells

The First Bright Thing
    J.R. Dawson

The Archive Undying (The Downworld Sequence Book 1)
    Emma Mieko Candon

Stateless
    Elizabeth Wein

Wolfsong (Green Creek Book 1)
    TJ Klune

Episode Thirteen
    Craig DiLouie

Black River Orchard
    Chuck Wendig

One for My Enemy
    Olivie Blake

Duplex
    Orson Scott Card

Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves Book 2)
    Mary E. Pearson
  • FitMary202
    FitMary202 Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I gave myself numerous new books, including The Nature Book by Tom Comitta, The Ministry for the Future by Kim Stanley Robins, and The Vulnerables by Sigrid Nunez and a couple on Kindle that I can't remember right this minute.
    Happy reading!
  • Btrflydog
    Btrflydog Posts: 1,358 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Um... Kindle Books count, so on the big daily deal sales Dec 21-24 I bought myself "several" that were on my list. But "several" might be an understatement... Don't tell me Tsundoku does not apply to a kindle e-book collection! :) All of these were marked down to $1.99-$3.99 each so I did not break my bank account.

Tsundoku absolutely applies to e-books. LOL!

Let us know how Wolfsong is - I've been thinking of adding that one to my TBR mountain.
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    This year, the only books under our tree were Beserk Deluxe Edition Vol. 8 that was for my husband and Hell's Kitchen Cookbook for me. I can't wait to try the recipes!
  • mikedee_nyc
    mikedee_nyc Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately no books. I’m on my own when it comes to that. Significant other doesn’t care enough.