Options
steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
Yo. How'd you do?

Replies

• steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I broke even this week. I'm not sure that's a good thing, but at least it means my weight was stable through my recent trip to Israel. "If only" I could/would stop the evening snacking, I'd probably be able to drop back towards my personal target weight, rather than continuing to simply bounce around 10-15 pounds over where I want to be. I've got lots of excuses, but they really are just excuses, and not actual reasons.

Anyway, as 2023 rolls out, it's a good time for some introspection and to really think through what 2024 should look like.

182/143.6/146
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    For the past month or so my 14 day average of daily weight has been about two pounds over where I’d prefer. Considering that’s including Thanksgiving, my birthday, and Christmas, I guess that’s not bad. It’s still within the Green Zone, and my official weekly result is within the Green Zone again this week. I ended December down 0.2# below where I ended November, so I’m gonna call it a win.

I’ve always been one to hoard points earlier in the week until my Thursday weigh-in, but I’m considering trying for a bit more balance through the week. We’ll see if that happens, and if so, if it helps.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,928 Member
    Options
    I'm up 1.2#. Not surprised. Need to crank it down for Wednesday's weigh-in. I like to get it over the first meeting of the month.
  • crewahl
    Options
    Al_Howard wrote: »
    I like to get it over the first meeting of the month.

Always a noble goal, and my intention as well - but their updated rules that given you until the end of the month if you’re over at first have removed a lot of the “should I or shouldn’t I” from that early weigh-in. That was a positive change by WW.
  • Brian_19
    Brian_19 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Down 1.3 lbs. I'll finish the year under 200, and that's a nice way to start 2024!
  • crewahl
    Options
    Brian_19 wrote: »
    Down 1.3 lbs. I'll finish the year under 200, and that's a nice way to start 2024!

That is a very positive start!
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Hey there Goad!

I'm up four pounds since my last official weigh-in on November 11th. My guess is the bulk of that came from the past two weeks.

I'm going to end the year darn near where I ended it last year (slightly below) which is not at all a good thing. I had a good chat with a friend yesterday about how I've gotten away (again) from self-care. I'm going to focus on a couple of small things this week (junk food limited to 300 calories and drinking more water) in order to ease back into things.

• imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,946 Member
    Options
    Up 2.6 lbs from last week. I've been on a roller coaster for almost 3 weeks.
    I'm currently 5 lbs less than this same day last year. That's not even worth discussing. I'll wind up real close by 1/1/24.
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Over the holidays plus a couple trips, I have gained back the weight I lost during the year (about 10 lbs). I did the same thing last year, so this is a pattern that I need to fight. I'm convinced there is something about the dreariness of the days getting shorter in the PNW that makes me want to stimulate myself with food. Need to find a substitute.

I am getting to the gym today. One small step.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,928 Member
    Options
    Over the holidays plus a couple trips, I have gained back the weight I lost during the year (about 10 lbs). I did the same thing last year, so this is a pattern that I need to fight. I'm convinced there is something about the dreariness of the days getting shorter in the PNW that makes me want to stimulate myself with food. Need to find a substitute.

I am getting to the gym today. One small step.

Well the days are starting to lengthen, albeit incrementally, here in New Hampshire. I am pretty much dead even for the year. I am at goal, but really WANT to drop 10#. Of course, wants and what we get for our indiscretions are two different things.