Countdown & Pre-Challenge Activity #8: Getting Ready (Final Activity)

Options
hicim705
hicim705 Posts: 5,241 Member
edited December 2023 in Social Groups
Countdown & Pre-Challenge Activity #8: Getting Ready (Final Activity)

ipawbzagxu81.png
6d6cfd1hcyeq.png
334m9hpqbidw.png

The 2024 Winter 5% Challenge begins in a few days ~ on Saturday, January 6, 2024 We hope that you have enjoyed the ‘Pre-Challenge Activities’ that have been shared with you. When considering a journey such as this, there is just SO MUCH information out there. At the end of the day, the over abundance of mixed messages is something that we all need to deal with, that is the reason that many of the activities surround YOUR interest in various subjects; choosing what piques your interest, what resonates with you and allows you to formulate your plans accordingly.

Please remember: We are all individuals and we are all knowledgeable in various areas but there is no way that we can be ‘experts’ in every facet of steps needed to achieve a healthy lifestyle. We also all have unique health challenges that contribute to how we’ve gotten to where we are today and, recommendations from healthcare professionals are absolutely paramount when formulating a healthy lifestyle journey, you MUST discuss your plans with your physician to ensure that you don’t try anything that may endanger your health and well-being.

For most of the pre-Challenge activities, we have painted a picture with a 🖌️broad brush🖌️ allowing for you to think about some of the activities while giving you permission to make whatever plans you have your own. There are a few suggestions that have been discussed (and some that have not) that can help you ‘get ready’ for Day #1.

First - review the plan that YOU have developed for YOUR healthy lifestyle journey.

🍽️ Do you have plates ready (if you use special ~ or smaller plates for your meals). Do you have a food scale (for weighing and measuring food), measuring cups/spoons (for portion control)? Do you have a water bottle handy? We are made up of mostly water; most diet/exercise plans stress the importance of hydration. Do you have a good, comfortable pair of 👟sneakers/trainers👟 to use for your exercise of choice? Do you need weights/bands? If so, do you have them or are they in disrepair and need to be replaced? Have you added the 5% Challenge to your 📅calendar📅 so that you are reminded that this is an appointment that you have made with yourself? Have you written down your plans for nutrition/exercise? Have you researched your nutritional goals and written them down (and/or consulted your physician for guidance)? While you are at it, why not tidy up your kitchen. A kitchen that is clean and organized will ensure easier delicious and healthy food prep. Replace ‘bad’ (baked goods/chips/dips) foods/snacks with healthier options. Clean out your refrigerator and get rid of foods that are expired (or unrecognizable!). 👁️Look👁️ in your pantry ~ besides replacing salty and sugar-laden snacks with healthier options, take a look at some of those packages and discard items that may be expired.

📓 Your assignment: COUNTDOWN ACTIVITY #8: Getting Ready
📔Ensure that you can reference all of the pre-challenge activities that you wrote about📔. Your successful participation will be based on ensuring that you follow through with your plans. Remember the Plan-Do-Check-Act that we discussed early on. Work your plan but make adjustments as you may need to to start and finish the challenge and be able to feel great about YOUR JOURNEY!

💭Please think about the suggestions of this exercise and let everyone know that you have committed to the Challenge by making an appointment with yourself. In addition, please share your creative ways to remind yourself to show up!!

Feel free to add your comments to this thread outlining your exercise plan for a successful 2024 Winter 5% Challenge (if you blog, you may add the link to your blog here or you may simply wish to copy/paste your writing here - or do both!), but please consider sharing!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PLEASE NOTE: The Seasonal 5% Challenge Teams are very active. You will be expected to participate to the best of your ability.

ALL challenge weeks run from Saturday through Friday - you will be expected to record your exercise and Living the Good Life points based on weekly Challenge Themes. You are expected to record these points daily or at least as often as you can during the week but no later than 11:59 pm each Friday (your local time). In addition, you are expected to weigh in one time per week by 11:59 pm every Saturday (your local time). Your individual team leaders and/or team mates will help to answer any and all questions about where to record your points.

🔮Our individual Winter 5% Challenge Teams are currently being set up.

✉️Invitations to individual teams have been sent out. Members are packing their bags and getting their boarding passes so that they can join their individual team. Until then, get to know some of the Challengers that will be participating right along with you. Once you have joined your individual team, please check your team's instructions, become familiar with them and get to know your leaders and team mates.

📢Announcements will be made when invitations to your individual teams are sent. Please visit this team, the 2024 Winter 5% COMMUNITY TEAM often as this will be the best source for up-to-date information.

Previous Pre-Challenge Activites (consider reading/participating in one or all of them):
** Countdown & Pre-Challenge Activity #1: INFORMATION and YOUR INPUT! ℹ️🔠
Here is the link:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905347/countdown-pre-challenge-activity-1-information-and-your-input-ℹ️#latest

** Countdown & Pre-Challenge Activity #2: SET SOME GOALS!
Here is the link:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905532/countdown-pre-challenge-activity-2-set-some-goals#latest

**Countdown & Pre-Challenge Activity #3: Meal Plan
Here is the link:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905533/countdown-pre-challenge-activity-3-️meal-plan-️#latest

**Countdown & Pre-Challenge Activity #4: Exercise Plan
Here is the link:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905535/countdown-pre-challenge-activity-4-exercise-plan#latest

**Countdown & Pre-Challenge Activity #5: Mindful Eating vs. Emotional Eating
Here is the link:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905541/countdown-pre-challenge-activity-5-mindful-eating-vs-emotional-eating#latest

**Countdown & Pre-Challenge Activity #6: Starting Measurements with (optional) Before & After Photos
Here is the link:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905551/countdown-pre-challenge-activity-6-starting-measurements-️-w-optional-before-after-photos/p1?new=1

**Countdown & Pre-Challenge Activity #7: Have You Made An Appointment With Yourself?
Here is the link:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905552/countdown-pre-challenge-activity-7-have-you-made-an-appointment-with-yourself/p1?new=1

Heidi (hicim705)
Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges (hosted on MFP)

Replies

• EclipsedAgain
    EclipsedAgain Posts: 3,564 Member
    Options
    I am ready!!
  • lindapost1
    lindapost1 Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I have finished the Countdown & Pre-Challenge Activities! That was fun now on to introduce myself! Have a great practice week everybody. God bless! <3
  • paceka2
    paceka2 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I have finished the Pre-Challenge activities and am ready. Thank you for posting such thorough information, giving us so many things to think about. I am really looking forward to this winter challenge, hoping it will take me out of some of the doldrums of Winter in Minnesota! It hasn't been too bad so far but you just never know what to expect! I am working the pre-challenge week to get me motivated, although this holiday weekend has been difficult. So much to take care of before the New Year!
  • JanetMH1
    JanetMH1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I am ready! This afternoon I got all my team friend invites done, tagged all the threads needed and next up I'm updating my profile. Let's do this!
  • Grannysue91
    Grannysue91 Posts: 4,688 Member
    Options
    I am ready!! I do have a food scale so I can measure my portions. I use it a lot for measuring my meat portions. I also use it for snacks. Got my, shoes, clothes and my big water jug. It's time to get everything ready to go, including myself. Going to apply all of these things to my daily routine to see how well I do. Thank you for these steps and all of the info you put together @hcim715.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I have finished all the activities and I am ready to get started.
  • vexedangel678
    vexedangel678 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have finished the online activities here, but am going to clean out my fridge and our snack drawer while I make dinner in an hour or two.
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    Checking in a lil late on this one..
    yes ..plan in place..goals designed..program to be done and reminders set
    song to be sung...like the lil red engine..
    I think I can...I think I can..clybcl2pvu07.png
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,164 Member
    Options
    Plans are in place - some have been for years - and workout clothes are always at the ready.
    I have food scales and a new water bottle.
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,857 Member
    Options
    Ready for... vtlhi17uws2n.gif

Goals written, plan in place, appointments and alerts set, both food and body scales have new batteries, multiple cases of bottled water on hand, new sneakers and socks, junk food (for hubs) limited and healthy foods stocked. Weight, measurements and photos to be done Caturday.
    9ottbq9b0vbh.jpg

• sushynes
    sushynes Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    I am ready. I enjoyed the Pre Activities, have never done them. They have reinvigorated me and my resolve especially after dealing with plantar fascitis and not being able to do my favorite, aerobics.
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    📓 Your assignment: COUNTDOWN ACTIVITY #8: Getting Ready
    📔Ensure that you can reference all of the pre-challenge activities that you wrote about📔. Your successful participation will be based on ensuring that you follow through with your plans. Remember the Plan-Do-Check-Act that we discussed early on. Work your plan but make adjustments as you may need to to start and finish the challenge and be able to feel great about YOUR JOURNEY!
    ===============================================================

💨 Even though I wrote these Challenges, I don't always take my own advice. However, every few Challenges I really re-read them and do the activities that are suggested. This Challenge, the 2024 Winter 5% Challenge, is no exception and I HAVE done the activities.

I'm ready to begin this one. I NEED this Challenge!! I rely on myself and my 5% Challenge Community Friends (all several hundred of you) to help me to reach my goals and I promise to support you if called upon to do so!

Wishing you all a **HAPPY and HEALTHY 2024 and an even better start to the 2024 Winter 5% Challenge and a Bright & Shiny New Year!**

Heidi (hicim705)
    2024 Winter 5% Challenge ~ Captain 🔴🌡️RED HOTS🌡️🔴
    Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges
    Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges ~ ✍️🖊️📓💻Bloggers✍️🖊️📓💻!!

Co-Leader, In Between Leader Team for the 5% Challenge
    Co-Leader, In-Between Challenges (IBC) 🐦🔥Phoenix Team🐦🔥
  • 130StrongerEachYear
    130StrongerEachYear Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am so ready. I picked up 4 salad, a rotisserie chicken, and 3 pounds of grass fed beef yesterday. I made sure I had everything I need for my morning Keto coffee. My strength training exercise area is set up and ready to go and this last week I successfully completed the strength training routine 3 times.
    I likely will not reach my final goal weight in this challenge, but I expect to get close.
    I was down 51 pounds, then gained 6 pounds over New Years weekend. I won't make that mistake again. It is too hard to lose weight to be worth eating junk and gaining weight that quickly.
    I am ready for a lifetime of health, energy, and strength.
  • Kateljm
    Kateljm Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I am ready, although measurements & photo will be done Monday when DH is home to assist.